Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Wednesday HOI2 Options · View
Mighty G
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 2:30:20 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

HOI2

THVR (8 air stacks)

We will see who signs up before i worry about posting rules. I will be the GM.

G
Geo
Anders
Dave

anyone else interested?

Start time to be decided.........

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

jodokus
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:41:00 AM
 Generaloberst

Im in
Golly could propably but Im not sure

which time it would be?

Mighty G
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:57:49 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I guess usual EU3 time might be good...... Earlier would be better. But im flexible either way.

Lets see who else signs up and if they have any time issues for a wednesday.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Gollevainen
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:45:20 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

just out of curioistity would this be 1936 scenario?

Im not sure I can make it regulary in wednesdays.

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Mighty G
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 11:13:00 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

yes 36,

George Orwell

Athe
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 4:54:13 PM
 Oberstleutnant

I tend to get home ~2 hours earlier on Wednesdays than on Tuesdays, but still too late for EU time. I was never too good at HoI so you won't be missing much if I can't make it, but if you cover majors I'll take a minor and try my best.
Mighty G
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:13:18 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

so what time do you get home?

George Orwell

Anders
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:07:48 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I remember I had a lot of trouble with HOI2 on this wireless piece of shit. I need that thingy to be able to join games.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
jodokus
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:14:08 PM
 Generaloberst

Quote:
I need that thingy to be able to join games.

hamashitSmile

Anders
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 7:28:03 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

jodokus wrote:
hamashitSmile

No, GameRanger.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Athe
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 3:16:10 AM
 Oberstleutnant

Mighty G wrote:
so what time do you get home?

I think 20 CET.
domingez
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:00:48 AM
 Centurion

i have just tried 'the famous' hoi for the first time and was really dissapointed... depth of the game is so low, there are so few diplomatic options and army management is so stupid... i have started with yugoslavia and even though actually never won even one battle !!!! ( i suppose because my army organization was constantly 38 (why?!?!), but still? ) occupied whole greece, bulgaria and hungary because allied with germany whose only one 3 divisioned stack won every province they invaded?!?... i have plenty of materials but have nothing to do with them?!? researched and built plenty of thanks but cannot war against stupid infantry which is still the most efficient unit?!? cannot research nothing else because lack of the 'cards' in research teams...

so, fuck hoi, eu rules!!!Paladin
jodokus
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:29:07 AM
 Generaloberst

Big Grin LOL One Tooth Grin Rolleyes

Mighty G
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:29:58 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Yugoslavia is a shit nation, don't expect to get to far with it. Play as Germany in a 36 scenario and conquer the world dom, this will teach you alot.

The first hurdle you need to jump is that this isn't EU3, Hoi2 is a combat simulation not an Empire building game.

I suspect the main trouble you have faced thus far is with your LAND DOCTRINES.

What is called morale in EU3 is referred to as organisation in Hoi2. Germany has far superior ORG to Yugoslavia and thus is why you were raped. What i would suggest DOM is to coop with a more experienced player on one of the big nations so that you can cut your teeth with the basics. (there is still morale but it affects units differently). Once your org drops your units will start to take substantial Manpower losses.

In Eu3 after you loose a few battles your manpower regrows and you have another shot at it. In HOI2 your manpower is finite to the amount you accumulate as the game progresses. So if you get stuck in a bloodbath of a battle it can be quite a substantial set back to the war for you.

EU3 is fun, but for the big battles and especially naval combat (as i know geo will agree) hoi2 shits all over eu3.

I honestly suggest to coop with a German or UK player on wednesday DOM there is much to learn young padawan. And you wont do it playing a shithole like yugoslavia.

I agree that for a newbies first look the whole thing might seem to be a bit complicated but after a few sessions playing as a coop you will pick up the knowledge needed quick enough. Unlike EU3 where you can learn to play in multiplayer, you will find that mistakes in HOI2 multiplayer can be most unforgiving.

As for materials...... they feed your industry. More industry = more resource consumption. Oil is needed to keep tanks planes and ships operating, most brigades also consume oil. But we will educate you this Smile

George Orwell

High Elder Ike
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:43:03 AM
 Legatus legionis

I can come to play as Tannu Tuva and watch TV the whole session.

[center]"Earthquakes are simply mother nature having a orgasm when she listens to March of the Penguins"
Mighty G
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:43:19 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

jodokus wrote:
Big Grin LOL One Tooth Grin Rolleyes
Evil Grin

How experienced are you and golle with HOI?

And also any nation preferences?

Does 20ooCET (athe time) work for Golle and everyone else?

Id like to find a time that suits everyone and i would also like to begin throwing around ideas for player assignments so that we have a balanced spread of player skill.

I know how skilled GEO and Anders are so i just need to get an idea for the rest of use so that the game is fair with both sides having a fair chance to win.

Though i will pencil DOM in as a coop for me, so i can bring him to the light Pharaoh Angel Grin

George Orwell

Mighty G
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:44:14 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

High Elder Ike wrote:
I can come to play as Tannu Tuva and watch TV the whole session.

If you want to play but dont want too much responsibility maybe a minor nation will suit you, Something a UK or Germany can mil control?

George Orwell

jodokus
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:59:14 AM
 Generaloberst

Golle is more experienced than I am. In MP I've played only one campaing, and that was those converted Saturday game where I played Georgia and got Pwned by Malaysia-Quepecian gangbang :/
I've played it quite lot (thougth AoD recently) in SP so I wouldnt go attacking germany with Yugoslavia Big Grin but like I said, never tried the 36 scenario in MP. For nation, basicly everything goes, Just assign me one according the game needsWink

2000 CET is 9PM in here and I know to Golly that is unmanagable but I can live with it.

High Elder Ike
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:07:58 AM
 Legatus legionis

Mighty G wrote:
If you want to play but dont want too much responsibility maybe a minor nation will suit you, Something a UK or Germany can mil control?

Maybe....I shall be Ireland. Also the good thing is that I haven't destroyed nations in HoI era.

[center]"Earthquakes are simply mother nature having a orgasm when she listens to March of the Penguins"
Mighty G
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:24:54 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

High Elder Ike wrote:
Maybe....I shall be Ireland. Also the good thing is that I haven't destroyed nations in HoI era.

Ireland lol,

I was thinking more like, Australia, Hungary? or some such. At least you have a chance to do something. As Ireland you will be lucky to build 1 militia unit LOL

George Orwell

Mighty G
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:26:59 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

jodokus wrote:
Golle is more experienced than I am. In MP I've played only one campaing, and that was those converted Saturday game where I played Georgia and got Pwned by Malaysia-Quepecian gangbang :/
I've played it quite lot (thougth AoD recently) in SP so I wouldnt go attacking germany with Yugoslavia Big Grin but like I said, never tried the 36 scenario in MP. For nation, basicly everything goes, Just assign me one according the game needsWink

2000 CET is 9PM in here and I know to Golly that is unmanagable but I can live with it.

Ok cool,

What time works for golle? Id like to try to find some middle ground for him and Athe.

Or we could look at Thursday as a potential game day.

I don't like leaving a man behind Smile

George Orwell

High Elder Ike
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:37:18 AM
 Legatus legionis

Mighty G wrote:
Ireland lol,

I was thinking more like, Australia, Hungary? or some such. At least you have a chance to do something. As Ireland you will be lucky to build 1 militia unit LOL

If I would be Australia I would have to learn how to shout Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi with an Australian accent the whole session.

jodokus
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:42:28 AM
 Generaloberst

Actually I think Golly did say something about thursday beeing lot better for him. We need to check when he is off from work

High Elder Ike
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:45:41 AM
 Legatus legionis

jodokus wrote:
Actually I think Golly did say something about thursday beeing lot better for him. We need to check when he is off from work

You mean when he gets back from shoveling the coal in to the furnace of the Mayor of Jyväskylä?

Anders
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 10:54:43 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I'll be USA. Or the Soviet Union. Or Germany.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: