Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monday Vicky Game II AAR Thread Options · View
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:39:49 PM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

This game we will have AARs. And I think it should be one thread to keep things neat and easy to read. I will eventually post mine tonight. Please post something I know M&M is I hope others follow suit, just something simple to show your countries point of view. I will post a thread in Vicky AAR forums later.

Countries / Players

United Kingdom - Lord Hyzton
France - Mr.G
Prussia - General Schuerman
Russia - Anders
Austria - Stalin's Elite
Ottoman Empire - Mr. Sljivovic
Italy - M&M
USA - Viking King

The Captains of Industry is the name of the AAR, gave it a little pizazz, i hope you don't mind the initiative.
Mr.G
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:41:38 AM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

The Republic of France
1836 - 1843

The industrial revolution had begun and by 1836 France was on the forefront, second only to the United Kingdom in industrial might. The elections of 1838 saw the Republican Party gain power with the blessings of the people and monarchy and brought even further changes to the rapidly growing nation. Among the first moves was the enacting of political reforms; freedoms unknown to the majority of the world. Internally France was secure as more then ever, on the other hand all was not well on the international scene.

The Ottoman Empire, the sick man of Europe would clash with Egyptians in 1838 over the lands of Syria and shortly after the news arrived in France a full out was about to begin. Although initially support was pledged to the Egyptians it soon came apparent that Russia was meddling in affairs for no reason other then to warmonger, turning what was a skirmish of which all Great Powers were neutral into a full fledged war. Unofficially the Russians declared war, first advisers then eventually men were sent south, by wars end some 100,000 Russian soldiers fought under the Egyptian flag. The aggression by the warmongering dictatorship almost brought a full fledged war, instead the Egyptians seceded some land of Ottoman claims.

The age old conflict between the two nations worsened when Russia threatened war unless Ottomans adhere to Russian foreign policy. Upon hearing of the news, French and British diplomats signed alliances with the Sultan promising whatever means necessary to prevent Russian belligerence. Shortly after the Russian dictator attempted to sway France with an alliance and relations between the two nations soured with the prompt rejection of such alliance until Russia recognizes Ottoman claims on Egypt.

The chapter was thought over in what many hailed a diplomatic victory for the peaceful prosperous nations of Europe; however the Russian giant would once more attempt to meddle in other sovereign countries affairs. Sardinian Piedmont and her leaders have been in a continual effort for the unification of Italy which undoubtedly would bring peace and prosperity to the land. Austria felt threatened by the unification and fell into the league with Russia; Prussia followed suit. In their refusal to recognize an independent Italy the alliance march under the drums of war, 500,000 troops of Austrian and Russian nationality was spotted in Northern Italy with no other purpose then to kill.

With war seeming a certainty France prepares, steps were taken to ensure a proper defense of her people and allies and along with the free nations of United Kingdom, Ottoman Empire and Sardinia Piedmont. The Russian shadow befalling Europe must be stopped.
Mr.G
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:49:56 AM
 Major

A complimentary map of the world in 1843 :

Not sure how many times I will do this, but I think it best to do at my discretion, when things really change (colonization, war).
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:40:42 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

The Empire of Russia

The Russian people in 1836 were almost exclusively agricultural workers, though a few factories existed. The far-flung Empire stretches from Poland in the west to Alaska in the far east, from the frozen Siberian tundra to the deserts of the 'Stans.
Russia has little industrial capacity, but thee is one thing we are never short of: Manpower. and as the western states will find out when they attempt a lengthy war, manpower matters more.

To consolidate our claims on Alaska, the Czar ordered a fortress built in the inland, so His Majesty would have representatives in each Alaskan province. once the construction finished, in 1839, we decided to claim the colony for Rodina.

The government in the late 1830s were too ethnocentric for the Czar's liking, so he ordered a new government to be formed, by a free-trade faction who had a more inclusive approach to citizenship. Unfortunately, this meant that his Imperial Majesty no longer had the power to order provincial or regional constructions, so the old government was reinstated. For some reason this seemed to infuriate the witless serfs, who lost their citizenships who had been granted by the interim government.
In the meantime, the state had fallen deeply into debt, though never exceeding £ 30.000. This the Czar managed to pay off, and by 1843, both the national debt and revoltrisk were considerably reduced.

Russia has always been a friend of Egypt, so it was only natural that the Czar should guarantee their independence. And when the Ottoman "empire" viciously attacked Egypt, it was obvious that Russia should step in and prevent more noble Egyptian blood from being spilled. The intervention worked, and the Ottomans signed a peace treaty with the Egyptians.
Due to threats of aggression from the western powers of France and Britain, Russia sought out alliances with the German Peoples. Russia has been a friend of the Germans since the times of Friedrich the Great, and has stood by the beleaguered people during the wars with Napoleon.
Thus the Alliance of the Willing came into being. Woe to the evildoers who oppose the natural order of things!
Some of us are born to rule, and the rest of you are born to be my serfs.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Stalins Elite
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:48:28 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

1936. Vienna. Austro-Hungarian Capital.

The great and wise Arduke SE has risen to power throughout the lands of the empire. A massive agricultural (RGO) expansion was undertaken to provide much needed work for the Empires unemployeed populace. Incentives were given to Capitalists to invest in our glorious nation and a series of factories and railroad lines have been constructed and the nations industrial future now looks promising. The belligerent state of Kracow was quickly over run and the the small but troublesome nation was quickly assimulated into the empire.

Then the Ottoman-Egyptian war errupted. Austria gave full diplomatic support to the Ottomans and infact moved a large propotion of our standing army to the Russian border and threatened aggression unless a quick and aggreeable peace was reached with the Turks. Soon after peace was signed between the 2 nations and then we diverted our military attention to our Italian frontiers. An aggresive Sardinia-Piedemont had fully mobilized and was on the rampage through northern Italy. When they rudely and abruptly demanded that we hand over eastern northern Italy to them we new the situation was dire and began a build up of force and an expansion of the regular army. After Sardinia had recieved gaurentee's from both France and the United Kingdom, we noticed that the western powers eastern ally had begun yet another war. This time it involved one of the small and fragile states of the Balkans, we could not let this unneccesary aggression stand unchecked. We received a plea from the Greek monarchy which had been beseiged by pro-Ottoman forces for aide and hence the army was mobilized. Several of the rebellious Greek garrisons have been overrun and an attempt by the rebel forces to invade Austria was thwarted by the brave 2nd Hussars division. Shortly after the Russians offered us alliance, appearing to be surrounded on all sides by potential enemies. We simply didn't feel there was an option, so we entered an alliance with Russia and Prussia. The coming years could provide many prosperities for Austria, they could also provide many dark and clouded obstacles for our nations future and security. Only the future knows what will happen as the world approaches the 20th century... SE. Austria.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.

Mr.G
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:47:28 PM
 Major

Please send your AAR over here too, that is if your not banned :-d (If you wish I can always send it over?) :

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300519

sonofliberty, I got mine roughly 6 months after the game was out, I found it in the back of an EB Games where they have PC games. Good luck finding it now. There was a thread recently putting the game at 45 dollars on amazon. I suggest downloading it as you will need to download Victoria : Revolution, the expansion.
Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:58:29 PM
 Brigadier General

Great Britain

1836-1843

In 1836 the British Empire covered a significant part of the Earth, and the British Admiralty saw it as their duty to keep the world in balance. This was to be done by maintaining the power balance in Europe, so no nation would get the wrong ideas. Also Britain was to keep its position as "naval leader". It was these decisions which led to the support of the Ottomans and the alliance that followed. Russia seemed eager to grab some land from the stuggling Ottoman Empire, but the Admiralty felt it was import to keep the Ottomans a regional power in the mediterranean and little-asia. Later a peace between the warmongering nations was settled, and for now a great war had been avoided. The British goverment did actually not wan't a big war, as it had its hand full with fighting in both Mexico and China.

In the first years after 1836, an alliance with USA was formed and UK supported the claims the yankees had on Mexico. This led to a small scale war, but after conquering around 4 provinces a peace was arranged, as the Mexican land turned out to be useless. The yankees didn't like this deal, and only a few months later they declared war again. This time they were on their own, as the goverment had decicded the Mexican war was not of British interest. In China the "British Asian Trade Company" tried to get the chinese goverment to open up for the opium trade, but a sequence of events led to the breakdown of negotiations. This in turn led to what was later going to be known as "The First Opium War", which had China on one side and the UK on the other. After capturing a few chinese provinces, a peace was settled whereby UK was giving 2 provinces bordering Burma/India. The war had shown the weakness of the Chinese army and country as a whole. But it had also showed that most of the Chinese land was useless as the infrastructure was not very developed, and it consisted mostly of agricultural production. In the years ahead the British goverment hopes for peace in Europe, and also they would like to unite India more than its current state...

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
M&M
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:23:12 PM
 General

The kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont
1836-1943

The people of italy had long yearned to be united under one flag, but negotiations with the stubborn italian monarchies led by the papal states were leading to nowhere. The negotiations would soon break down and a tense period of diplomatic bickering began. After recieving the blessings of our friendly neighbour france, the King began preparing for war. On october 29th 1837 war was declared on parma, the italian monarchies picked their sides and a full out war was upon us. It took 14 months before this war was over, Sardinia-Piedimont had come out victorious, annexing most of the north italian monarchies and almost doubling its size.

After the peace deal was signed negotiations were restarted with the remaining italian monarchies led by two sicilies. The king also began negotiations with the austrians about handing over some of the lands where our italian brethren dwelled in exchange for economical or other methods of support. But despite the failure of this first round of talks due to some paranoid austrian politicians we remain hopeful of solving our border issues diplomatically. But the recent assasination of one of our politicians has spelled doom for the negotiations with Two sicilies, it is clear that they have no will to obey the wishes of the italian people to unite. Preperations to avenge the death of our honourable civil servant have already begun.
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 1:06:49 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

The Russian Empire

A relatively good period for Russia, 1843-1854.

We managed to pay off the last of our debt, keep the partisans in check, and annex a few Central Asian states. Now only Afghanistan remains between us and India.
The Czar attempted to help the Austrian emperor with his persisting partisan problem, but the effort had to be put on hold, as the Liberal Revolution came to our country as well. Fortunately, unlike in Austria and Prussia, it ended less than a year after its start.
Then we proceeded to prepare our armies for a coming dispute with the other Great Powers of Europe.
It was then that the wily Sardinian Italians, whom we had pledged neutrality to in their assault on the Two Sicilies, decided to stab our noble Austrian brothers in the back. Austria asked us to honor our alliance with them, and we complied, knowing the future of Europe, if not the world, was at stake!
Unfortunately, the Italian had accumulated allies themselves, chief among them the UK and the Ottoman Empire. We challenged the Brits in the Black sea a couple of times, inflicting attritional damage to their fleet, and withdrawing our own to port to repair. Eventually the Brits withdrew, and we were free to ship our troops as we pleased in the Black Sea.
Our troops weren't fully mobilized until August 26, but in the mean time the Turks dared not attack us over the virtually unguarded border. In fact, once the attacked, I had fully mobilized, and were waiting for them.
I deployed about 40 divisions towards Konstantinopolis, 35 by the land route through Constanta, and 8 landed by ship just north of the City. Konstantinopolis was guarded by 2 divisions, and fell even quicker than anticipated. I offered the Ottomans peace in exchange for Constanta, and they accepted, leaving my armies free to deal with the Italians.
A high point in the war came when China accepted our offer of alliance, setting them against the British in Burma. As the Chinese have scores to settle with the Brits, we hope for a long and bloody war of attrition.
The UK accepted an offer of a White peace, although their PM grumbled about having captured some of our Alaskan provinces.
In the mean time, Austria was almost completely overrun by Partisans and Rebels. In fact, I suspect the Partisans actually hampered the Italian advance more than the Austrian army did...
The Czar decided to demobilize the army, sending much needed workers back to their fields and factories. The standing army was to be lent to Austria's cause.
There eventually came an apparent end to hostilities in Austria, but this is as of yet unconfirmed.
The Czar urges his Austrian friends to offer a reasonable amount of land to the Italians, and the Italians to accept it.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

M&M
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:58:57 AM
 General

The democratic republic of italy
1843-1954

Due to the assasination of a politician by two sicilies, the king found it neccessary to send a clear message to two sicilies demonstrating what will happen if they do not submit. Sardinia-Piedmont forces moved in to annex the remenants of the papal states & tuscany, making two sicilies the last italian monarchy left standing that hasn't submitted to the rightful rule of King M&M over italy. But this seemed to have the opposite effect, Two sicilies had acquired an alliance with the spanish and the russians also threatened to intervene should Two sicilies be invaded.

After some long negotiations with the russians a mutual non-aggression deal was reached. Russia would not intervene in the last step of italy's creation. On november 11 1844, ignoring the spanish threats of intervention our honourable king gave the order to force two sicilies into submission. Within 2 months the coward king of two sicilies fled the nation and left his crown behind. Two Sicilies submitted fully and the italian people were finally united. However repeated calls for peace with the spanish were ignored, it seemed that spain & italy would still have to fight yet another war.

Unfortunatly a new craze swept the nation, what became known as the liberal revolution began sweeping all across europe afflicting italy as well. The army was recalled to police the cities but this was not enough, drastic changes to the goverment had to be performed, the people no longer accepted a monarchy system for italy. The King chose to abdicate the throne and obey will of the people. A new democratic multi-party goverment would be constructed and the first election for italy would be held. With this great victory for the italian peope, the liberal revolution came to an end.

However the spanish seemed to use this time to prepare a large scale attack on italy. Spanish troops landed all across the western shores of italy and even managed to capture taranto. The army was quickly rallied back into duty and began pushing back these invaders to the seas, defeating them wave after wave. With their offensive defeated, the military forces prepared an assault on mainland spain, over 60 thousand men were send aboard ships to the iberian peninsula where they managed to gain a foothold and march unchallenged towards the capital madrid. After several failed spanish attempts to liberate the capital the spanish agreed to become an italian satellite.

With peace finally attained and the italian people united, focus was put on industrializing the nation. Factories & railroads began appearing all accross the nation and the people began to prosper. Meanwhile negotiations with the austrians had reached a stalemate. Austria refused to grant freedom to the italian peoples under its control and as a result the people began to rebel, it was clear italy had to intervene. As italy prepared, austria became involved in a full scale civil war. Negotiations with the french & british managed to secure an alliance to counter the austrian allies. With the sides set, italy declared war on austria on april 14th 1853. Italian forces quickly swept what little forces austria had left and began liberating italian lands, however to our surprise france had settled for peace and only one month later backstabbed us and declared war on italy. This was something we had not expected and never planned for, the army tried to rally and stop the hordes but france had amassed a huge army deep into italian lands. The italian senate was forced to accept the french peaceterms, seceding the french border provinces as well as relinquishing control over our spanish satellite.

With the french betrayal behind us, it was time to continue liberating the italians from austrian oppression and force austria into submission. The italian army continued to march brushing aside prussian, austrian, russian as well as partisan forces until the austrian capital fell. With the fall of the austrial capital and the failure of russian attempts to liberate it, peace negotiations were started. It is unclear yet how these negotiations will end, what began as a regional conflict between austria & italy has now become a great war between many many nations and achieving peace between these nations will prove to be a tricky thing.
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 5:47:43 AM
 Major

The Republic of France
1843 - 1854

The French Republic by 1843 started her gears towards war, as the world got smaller so did the chance for peace. The Prussian annexation of Morocco was fairly frightening and despite French citizens outcry to aid the revolting people the French government favored peace and no war came about. The Prussian conquest changed little though, a war with the German people would only bring unneeded bloodshed and currently the Italian people were of more concern. The occupation of Napoli and the subsequent creation of Italy saw war in Europe, Spain, an ally of the Sicilian Kingdom attacked Italy and dispatched a force in attempt to bring a Sicilian on the Italian throne, the plot failed and the war became a virtual stalemate. It was not until French sailors were attacked off the coast of Corsica did France vow justice and signed a formal declaration of war along with her British allies.

The war although unexpected was a success French gains in Huesca were kept and peace was signed however Italian forces under the protection of the French and British Navy brought a whole army to the shores of Spain and occupied Madrid. The UK meanwhile occupied Cuba and Puerto Rico, the following months saw Italy crown a puppet king on the throne of Spain. This was a shock to the French people who feared a possible threat the weak flank.

Under pressure from French colonials, the rest of Algeria was annexed, securing France in Africa and allowing the focus to turns towards Europe and the enemies in Indochina. Revolts became common place in French Cambodia, fueled by the Siam and Annam government, French military forces were sent to Asia and in two quick successful wars annexed all of Indochina. Although for the most part revolts subsided there was still a need for a substantial military present with all the land obtained.

While France was in a state of almost constant colonial war, the United Kingdom became very aggressive, after her annexation of Spanish Caribbean, UK troops invaded first Mexico, establishing a puppet regime and then the United States over border clashes in Oregon. It became quite apparent that power in the world would continue to go unchallenged if the UK was did not fear reprisal from other countries.

By the time war with Austria came around France was appalled although recognizing Italy's claims, the Republic feared that Austria could be wiped off the map by the overzealous alliance of UK, Italy and the Ottoman Empire. France decided to keep the balance of power in Europe and in extension the rest of the world and acted. After a meeting with Prussian leaders, it was decided war with Italy was in best interest of Europe as a whole. Soon after French troops marched into Italy meeting no resistance and soon brought Italy to the peace tables demanding the surrounding areas of Chamberry and Annency along with the removal of the Spanish puppet regime. Peace was signed and a major war seemed averted.

And though UK stayed neutral in the Franco Italian war, it did not stop her from going after Prussia, Frances ally. Some 600,000 British landed on Prussian shores, France reacted with equal measure bringing almost the whole of the army against the British. After the Prussian General Bitterfield crushed the British at Munster the French and Prussian marched to recapture Berlin and inflicted heavy casualties on the invaders.

War with UK was over, peace was signed and France gained provinces near Burma for some 20,000 dollars. With the Italian-Austrian war still waging France officially took the stance in backing Italy for her rightful claims on Northern Italy and military forces can and will be used if necessary.
M&M
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:29:17 PM
 General

1854-1960

After long & tiresome negotiations behind closed doors, italy & austria managed to strike a deal resulting in the gradual hand over of all italian populated lands. In exchange italy would aid austria in overcoming the civil war and help it recover from the destruction that has overcome the country. Over 80,000 italian soldiers were pledged to end the civil war once several states began breaking away, and with some financial assistance austria began to recover and regain its position as a regional power in europe.

Italy had quickly recovered from the war with austria & embarked on an aggressive industrialisation scheme that managed to boost italy's global ranking in the world. However the industrial plan was stalled by a lack of clothes in the world market and a subsequent lack of cash.

The industrial revolution however managed to improve the living standards of italians and as the people prospered, their ideology began to change to a more liberal one. A new liberal party took power and cut down on taxes & tarrifs limiting the funds available for industrial development. However the policies implemented by this party should allow for the private citizens to help propel the italian industries forward.

However the era of peace in europe didn't last, relations between the russians & ottomans began turning for the worst. The ottomans defied several russian & austrian claims to hand over the balkan territories and russia began threatning to go to war. International attempts to resolve this failed and the russians declared war. While austria joined on russia's side france joined on the ottomans side and another great war was fought over europe. This war ended in the shameful defeat of the russians as they were forced to cede a large part of the Caucasus as well as some lands in romania.
Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:03:11 PM
 Brigadier General

Great Britain

1843-1854 and 1854-1860

During the first period of 1843-1854, the industrial expansion in Great Britain was doing well. A small war was fought in Mexico, which was made a satellite. This was done while being allied with USA and they were quite angry with this peace. In response to this, they declared war on Mexico again a few years later. The goverment in London didn't support neither sides, as it was clear USA would do anything to win. After their victory, Mexico was reduced a lot in landmass and now the yankees was thirsty for more. They soon wanted some Canadian provinces, but this time they would have to fight the mighty UK for it. The war was quickly over, and not suprisingly USA was humiliated. It lost some claims in Oregon and a few provinces bordering Canada. After the peace was settled, the military advisors in London assured the royality that no war was to come the next many years...

But diplomatic tensions in Europe would soon show otherwise, as Italy wanted the provinces in Austria which was inhabited by italians. The Admiralty divided the Royal Navy and fleets were sent to the Black Sea, as well as the Baltic Sea. This was done, as the military advisors predicted Russia would side with Austria in the coming war. Diplomats from Britain had in the meantime promised to back Italian claims and so had the French. In 1853 Italy finally declared war on Austria, which generated a conflict in which every great european nation was sucked into. Firstly UK backed Italy and so did Ottomans, the Russian on the other side backed Austria. Suddenly against all assurances, Frances sided with Austria and so did Prussia. As this wasn't enough, China entered a military alliance with Russia, wereby they also declared war on the UK. The Admiralty in London was baffled, now the UK had serious problems. While being at war with the greatest powers in Europe, it had to protect its colonies and USA was becoming increasingly dissatisfied with the last peace arrangement. Therefore the fleets and armies of Britain were scattered throughout the world. The most elite divisions were sent to Romania, were they helped the Ottomans contain the Russian invasion force. In Alaska and Canada, divisions were deployed to keep Russians and possible American forces from grabbing land. In India, divisions were at the ready to defend against French and Chinese invasion forces. In other colonies, divisions were also ready although invasions in remote places like Australia was thought impossible....
Some 50 divisions were gathered at the home isles, and it was decided to try and invade Prussia. Initially things went well, and Berlin was captured. However, the number of divisions was simply to small, and without leaders it could do nothing when France sent its mighty army into Prussia. The British invasion forces were evacuated, but unfortunatly some 10 divisions were lost... As peace deals started to surface between the struggling nations, the UK realized nothing was gained staying in this war. A deal with France was made, whereby they got 3 provinces bordering Indo-China while paying the UK some 20.000 pounds. All of the other enemy nations agreed to white peaces.

During the next period 1854-1860, the Admiralty called back the fleets from around the world and began disbanding the oldest frigates. This was done as new iron ships, so called monitors, were pressed into service. They would not see war in this period, but were still a prestige symbol. The industrial growth was huge these years, as the goverment in London did everything it could to stay out of the money sucking Crimean war.
For a time, the royal familty chose a socialist party. This was done to introduce social reforms, which primarly meant good health care. This wasn't done without trouble, as one idiot in the administration decided to introduce "good work regulations" first. This was a mistake, but it wasn't cancelled and the result was now that both healtcare and work regulations reforms had been made. This was immensely expensive, some economists said that it had costed around 500.000 pounds... As the year of 1861 drew closer, the UK was still the leading power in the world. However, the unification of german states was proggresing rapidly and maybe a new power there would soon overshadow Britains pride...

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Anders
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2007 5:24:05 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Empire of Russia
1854-1867

After the dishonorable attack on Russia in the First Turkish War, it was clear the Ottomans needed top be taken down a few notches. So the Czar in his infinite wisdom decided the time was right in late 1858, a month after our Peace Treaty expired. The Ottoman Empire would "fall like a house of cards", right?
Unfortunately, the French joined the war on the Ottoman side, and being allied to the Prussians, advanced into Poland, along with blocking the Russian advance into the Balkans. It became clear the war would become extremely costly for the Russian state, our economy still relying on the agricultural sector.
The Czar sent several envoys asking the Sultan for peace, and finally an arrangement was reached; The southern half the Caucasus would become the property of the Ottomans. The Czar wished the Turkish scum good luck quelling the rebellions which had plagued his own administration of the land thus far.
The war wasn't as disastrous for Russia as it might have been: Only money was lost, but the Czars coffers were still full, at least half-full. Or half empty. No matter, as long as the glass of vodka is full.

The next four years were spent preparing for the next War, which Russia would fight along with Italy and Great Britain against the French and Prussians, who had proved too treacherous to be left alone, after their ignorance of Russian pleads for help against the French.
The war started by the UK and Italy making some progress into Prussia, but the Italians quickly bailed out, due to some diplomatic error. Then the Russian army marched into East Prussia, heading straight for Berlin while the Prussians were preoccupied in Denmark, fighting the British diversion there.
The war went well, and all of Eastern Prussia was in Russian hands, when the Ottomans attacked us through the Caucasus again, taking large chunks of land before being stopped by reinforcements arriving from the west.
After some negotiations between the UK and France, peace was agreed on, the UK getting some colonial possessions, and the Ottomans getting a large sum of money (from the UK) and Russia's permission to invade Persia.
Prussia initially demanded Poland from Russia, but this demand was rejected out of hand, since the Prussians had barely sat a foot on Russian soil, while Russia held half of Eastern Prussia by the war's end.

After the 1st German War ended, Russia moved quickly to secure it's southern flank against Ottoman expansion. Half of Persia was taken before the Ottomans had managed to take a single province. The Czar justified the attack on sovereign Persia with the Ottomans' aggression against Arabic states, and the need for strategic depth.
Of course, the Czar would not be against trading the Persian provinces against the Caucasian ones, should the Ottomans desire to settle it peacefully, for once.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

M&M
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 12:13:52 AM
 General

1860-1965

With prussia, france & the UK having colonial empires, it seemed logical that italy would begin forming its own colonial empire. After some planning and careful consideration, sudan was selected to be the first on the path of enlightenment. War was declared on egypt and some 100,000 soldiers landed in sudan and began brushing aside the egyptian army. However the military advisors had made a serious error, underestimating the egyptian generals, roma's garrison was sent off to the war leaving it totally undefended. 10,000 egyptian soldiers landed on the shores of roma and began harrasing the populace, burning homes and killing the people. Fortunatly however, several divisions rallied from sicily & north italy arrived just in time to prevent roma from falling into enemy hands. With the capital secured and the egyptian forces defeated egypt surrendered and agreed to hand over sudan.

Capitalists quickly began investing in our new colonies and spreading the italian wealth & culture to the uncivilized dwellers there, meanwhile back at home the italian industries were booming.

However the united kingdom, threatened by the prussian uncontested expansion through europe & the german lands, began lobbying to start a war and avenge all those annexed german minors. Since france was allied with prussia at the time, italy sided with the UK and declared war on prussia. Great progress was made when italian forces began marching through the south of prussia capturing many provinces. Meanwhile italian forces captured several provinces from the french too, but became bogged down in combat over the alps that proved to be too costly with large casualties. However during this war the austrians betrayed us by cutting off the supply lines feeding our forces in prussia. It seems that ungrateful austrians have forgotten all the italian lives & efforts spent in reuniting their shattered nation. With our troops surrounded & without reinforcements, a diplomat was sent to negotiate peace with the prussians, however the fool negotiated peace with the french ambassador in prussia as well causing italy to be removed entirely from the war.

Afterwards Italy began pushing for peace between the warring nations but prussia refused to make peace and began making some wild demands. After the failure of several negotiations and the veiled threats of austria's entry into the war italy began threatning to re-enter the war again. The army was remobilized and troops began marching through the swiss mountains, realising their inevitable fate, prussia & france agreed to the offered peace terms whereby france & the UK exchanged some colonial assets and prussia would return large parts of denmark. France would also liberate switzerland from satellite status and recognize it as an independant nation like italy did with spain. However this last term has been contested when france declared war on spain, it is apparent that the french word cannot be trusted, but italy will not stand idle while our friends are invaded by the warmongering french.
Mr.G
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:10:47 PM
 Major

The Republic of France
1854 - 1865

In little more then a decade France saw victory and defeat. A tumultuous decade full of war and politics that when future events unfold, historians will no doubt look back at this era of war.

The first war was between the ever aggressive Russian Empire. Demands again were pushed into the mouths of the Sultan and with Austria at the time a staunch ally of Russia, the Ottomans were in a less then envious position. The Ottoman - Romanian satellites were annexed by Austria with no response from the Ottomans followed by the increasing military build up on the Serbian border and demands by the Russians to cede all of Bulgaria. The only country with the audacity to back the outnumbered Ottomans was France and soon after Austria declared war on Serbia, French troops began to march towards victory. Some 3 armies totaling more then 300,000 men arrived in Athens before the war had started and were in charge of a thrust into Austrian Serbia and the protection, along with numerous Ottoman divisions of Bulgaria.

Meanwhile in France mobilized men began to move towards the Swiss border and although neutral, Switzerland allowed and arranged for the movement of some 400,000 Frenchmen to the Austrian border thanks to the puppet leadership. This move caught the Austrians by surprise and although they reacted quickly only 8 divisions were to stop the French from marching into Vienna. That was until an Austrian army of 200,000 men had reached Innsbruck , around 100 miles behind the current front line. Fear spread through the rank and file as rumors of imminent defeat was near, fortunately cooler heads prevailed and the 35 or so divisions stuck in a pocket of Austrian cities rallied and fielded a formidable force in the upcoming battle of Salisbury.

The biggest battle since the days of Napoleon was waged with around 300,000 men on each side. The French had better training, superior equipment and were on the defensive and although they had a slight disadvantage in numbers, it soon was changed when Austrian, as well as French men died in a frightening rate. The Austrians were routed and the Austrian Army of Innsbruck, completely destroyed. Week later the 8 divisions around Vienna were cut off and they followed suit, the Austrian northern army, its biggest army was completely annihilated, soon after French armies coming from Switzerland met with French and Turks coming from Serbia. With defeat now apparent the Austrians signed peace returning previous annexed Romanian land as well as the naval port city Kotor.

While the battles in Austria were in climax war against Russia proved equally successful, a naval invasion was thwarted along with the defense of Constanta from nearly half a million Russians. In the Caucasus things were very slow. It was not until the defeat of Austria did things open up, French troops moved in Russia at alarming speed, almost completely undefended, Russia signed a peace ceding the aforementioned Caucasus to the Ottomans.

With the war over things settled down and more industrialization began. It was not until the dye crisis several years later did what many believe the first great war began. Following the civilization of the Burmese, the French soon found a dye embargo against the rest of the Europe by the UK. Although it effected industry, it was not a huge threat to France, dye could be secured if measures became extreme, however for other countries, specifically the newly industrialized, it would stop their economy flat. France reacted to this embargo by rallying a coalition, not for war but by threatening it unless this stopped. France also advanced into Pakistan to threaten British India in response.

Although many countries signed the coalition few, if any wanted war so a compromise was made, the French would not move further into Pakistan and India if dye was on the market. It seemed for once diplomacy had won a victory. That was of course to change when mass mobilization of Russia, Italy and UK began. War was looming yet again and France expected to be the target. It was not until the actual declaration of war did the French leaders give each other puzzled looks. Russia, Italy, the United Kingdom and even China ganged up on Prussia. A growing country, of which had swallowed almost all of the German minors found itself completely outnumbered.

France knew the Axis of Evil wanted to draw France into the war, specifically the Italians, the lackeys of the UK who had provinces to gain in France. And although we did not bite at first, we could not let the Prussians be pieced away by over zealous nations so we entered the war. The first conflicts were in the French Alps, massive amount of Italians had crossed the border to defeat the French and only met death. Some battles saw 20 Italian divisions pitted against 3 French divisions and yet the French prevailed, a defensive line was made and the Italian threat was merely a sideshow in a much greater war. With this complete inability to make any progress and the disaster looming of some 20 odd divisions being destroyed in Prussia, Italy withdrew from the war.

In Pakistan, France forces held on valiantly against overwhelming odds and it was until their leader fell in battle was their fate sealed. In Indochina no country dared fight each other in the jungles especially during the monsoon season, only China attempted to move yet the France knew their was no need to fight such an incompetent enemy. In Africa, a British invasion force was destroyed and invasions of other colonies failed. In French Guyana the British landed and left, soon after French soldiers reclaimed the land and thwarted another invasion.

It was however the war in Prussia that would win the war. Hesitant to send troops to Prussia in fear of British invasion, the French government sent at first only an army but as the Prussian army showed more and more a lack of military prowess did the French arrive in numbers. Soon after large numbers of French arrived it seemed the war was in our favor, the Ottomans who were outraged by this gang up on Prussia joined in war against Russia and Berlin was wrestled away from the horde. Countless battles pushed the Russians back but under skillful advisement from the Czar and the looming threat of the British in Denmark progress was slow, and it proved too slow. British reinforcements cut off a significant army in northern Germany, destroying a flank and although 2 reserve armies could fill the hole, France was sick of fighting in Prussia. The fighting was hard and the sleep even harder and peace was proposed, Denmark released and French Pakistan handed over to Britain.

A bloody decade but progress was made, even more so in defeat.
Hytzon
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2007 10:46:07 PM
 Brigadier General

Ehh didn't we play to 1867 ? :-?

Anders
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2007 10:33:40 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Russia
1867-1874

A period of peaceful expansion for Russia, as most of the Uncivilized nations we annexed hardly put up a fight.
Persia fell, losing it's south-westernmost provinces to the Ottomans, and the rest, about 80%, to Russia.
After finishing off Persia we turned our eyes to southern Arabia, where three states were still independent. Not for long. Each country fell quickly to the superior Russian Imperial Expeditionary Forces.
After consolidating our position in south-west Asia, a long period of slow industrialization followed, where the Czar opted to change the ruling party to the Pan-Slavic party, a State-Capitalist faction, sharing the same values as the Slavophile party who'd held power almost continuously since 1836.
Conflict with any civilized country was avoided this period, something the Czar is eternally grateful to the brother of the Sultan for ;-)

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

M&M
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2007 10:48:54 PM
 General

1867-1874

As promised, in response to the french aggression on spain, italy declared war on france and her allies. The superior italian forces having learnt from their earlier mistakes were able to punch through the alps brushing aside french divisions and occupying large parts of southern france. Meanwhile an ambitious assault was made on north africa with divisions landing in lybia, while forces moved from sudan to occupy egypt. The military had its hands full and was battling enemies on all fronts. However, abandoned by all her allies and facing the possibility of being involved in a prolonged war with all of mainland europe, Italy decided it was time to stop the bloodshed. An honourable peace was signed and the army was demobilized. It has become evident now that italy can no longer rely on her friends to back her up as she backed them up in their times of need.

With the war behind us and promises for the liberation of spain secured, italy began focusing on her national interests. Our colonial empire now had expanded to include most of eastern africa. The italian economy became the 3rd most profitable in europe and the military was now known to be the 2nd most powerful in the world. The relations between italy and some of her neighbours also began improving after italy initiated diplomatic talks and attempts were made to restore relations.
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:22:52 AM
 Major

The Map of 1874.. or so.

Colonization is in effect and that is the biggest difference, also Russian gains are very new. Other then that, not much to speak of that hasn't been said in the AARs.
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 4:59:13 AM
 Major

The Kingdom of France
1867 - 1874

France was born anew, stagnation and war had brought the Republic to her news and from it a monarchy was born, the Bourbons had returned to power. After a new constitution was passed and the effects were immediate. But this shocking overthrow was not an overnight happening, it was a slow bloodless transition.

The first step towards the Bourbons return to power came when a military coup in Italy destroyed the Italian democracy and one of their premiere leaders took charge (AI). One of the first steps was the declaration of war on France, allies were called and Italy had signed her defeat before the first shots were heard. France saw very little of the threat, as France sees very little from the Italian people while most of the Home Army was away in the Indies, the standing army present knew it was a very precarious situation. One thing was the civil unrest in France, while French troops had the ability to ransack Rome it felt it would cement Italian support for the war and dictatorship. So with a rather small standing Home Army and refusing aid from her allies in arms France played the Italian game and soon the once million strong invasion army had become outnumbered. France had called upon her populace and an army was formed and it was time to land in Northern Italy and sweep away the Italian military as the war was now going on longer then wanted. However it just so happened the Italian Government wrestled control of the dictator as was once again in full control.

The Italians threatened to continue the war and for France it was almost the best thing that could happen with a vow of neutrality by the British and promise of military action by the Austrian and Prussian governments along with the French mobilized army now in full force, the defeat would have been so proper and devastating that the Italians would probably have never recovered. But alas the French did not want war and the Italians decided against it and there was peace again.

But so is the fate of a bureaucratic government, it was unable to keep up with a growing world, the strict laissez-faire government had turned France sick and while other nations progressed, France was left behind, hoping for its rich elite to progress for them. And that was when the revolts started. The French government had collapsed and in a string of failed communes France was a country on the brink of civil war. It was not until the exiled King Henry V returned to France and was praised savior of the French Empire. Although met with opposition, Henry had the military and with it the Empire.

In what would latter the pajama weeks; named after the Kings choice of attire, France was rejuvenated. First a new constitution was passed and to appease the more liberal population parliamentary system was introduced. Soon after taxes were cut for all classes and social as well as political reforms was passed in mass. Soon, the French had some of the best reforms in the world, comparable to the British at the time and far ahead of any other continental Great Power. Henry had also increased relations with the British and a formal alliance was signed and several land treaties followed suit in the Dutch Indies. The lands of Luxembourg were liberated and France formally recognized Germany after the month long German occupation of Paris had cut all ties. Alliances with the Germanic people of Germany and Austria were also signed.

Frances industry is now coming on a renaissance of growth and it is projected a increase almost 2 fold. And despite what the Italians claim, France is still the worlds 3rd strongest economic power.

In fact at this time, the only thing not to have grown has been the military, which is sure to change with the Russian aggression and violation of its peace treaties, France will back the Ottomans in its wars against Russia to claim rightful lands of Arabia and Persia.

M&M
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:01:44 AM
 General

Quote:
And despite what the Italians claim, France is still the worlds 3rd strongest economic power.

I said I was the 3rd profitable, and looking by the profits from both our economies I am right. I think you came around to 5th or something. Which is wierd cause my imports are somewhat higher than yours, but for some reason austria has higher imports than the both of us Rolleyes .

We should post some of this data in the AAR too I think, those ederon stats are what we're missing in this game Thumbs Up
Stalins Elite
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 3:34:37 PM
 Pilus prior

My imports fluctuate. Sometimes it will sit on 6 or 7 then depending on what I am doing it will hike upto 60 or 70. Either way my economy is coming along nicely for the time being. SE.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.

M&M
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:09:40 AM
 General

1874-1880

After the hostilities were over between italy and its european brethren, it was time to expand our colonial empire. In several meetings between italy and the other major colonial powers, the borders for the glorious italian colonial empire would be drawn. Confirmed by russia, the UK and even our unfriendly neighbour france, the east african coast was to be considered italian. However portugal refused to recognize the italian rights to eastern africa. After the failure of several diplomatic attempts with portugal, the military was called in to claim what was rightfully ours. A quick war with portugal was waged, and after several battles on multiple fronts portugal surrendered completely and agreed to hand over its colonial assets. Italy in return honoured the treaty signed with the UK and handed over the portugeese provinces in western africa. However, our colonial empire wasn't complete, all the honourable colonial nations had territories in the far east, it would be dis-honourable for italy not to have one too. After some planning, korea was selected to be a base for our eastern territories. Within a couple of months, our forces were able to subdue the weak korean forces and take control over their territories. From there colonies began spreading throughout the pacific islands.

Meanwhile resources from korea began fueling our industrial revolution further. The goverment had gone to great lengths in investment & industrial reforms until italy was finally able to grab the 3rd most industrious nation. Italian exports had almost doubled and the economy was booming, people from all over europe began immigrating to italy seeking to live under their enlightened democratic goverment and enjoy the better quality of life offered to our people. Italy had grown to become the 3rd greatest power in the world, only surpassed by germany and the united kingdom.

With our treasury growing strong, it was time to invest in our national defense. Large investments were made in the navy as well as the armed forces. Italy now has a military force comparable to the UK, the largest force in the world. The military officers are confident that italy will be able to field the strongest force on this earth soon.

However, the picture outside italy wasn't so pretty. Russia had began to sink deep into debt, many people that emigrated from russia had told us horrible stories of desperation and poverty. The italian goverment attempted to step in by sending russia a large aid package to help rid it from its debt so it can begin industrializing, however the corrupt goverment there seemed to find it more befitting to send an expedition to discover the source of the nile. It seems that the russian Tsar, secluded in his large palace, has little interest in the plight of his people.

Germany too had its goverment grow corrupt, and despite being the most industrious nation in the world, its people were unhappy and began a revolution that would push germany back to 2nd place in its industrial race with the UK. Even our neighbouring austria suffered a military coup by some extremist nationalists. The new goverment tried to reclaim territories from all its neighbouring nations, declaring war at them at one point or another, forcing several nations to band together to thwart the austrian aggression. Although austria declared war on italy before, italy remained neutral in the great war against austria and has covertly begun supporting the exiled goverment in its attempt to regain control over austria and end the bloodshed.
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:57:42 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Very interesting aar. Are you guys going all the way to 1935?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg