Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monday Game XVIII - Setup and Balancing Options · View
Hytzon
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 10:51:13 PM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Ederon wrote:
My opinion is we should attempt to start on 2nd April. By then we should have enough time to gather in sufficient number, prepare all necessary and kick it off. RL took over all my spare time lately. I'll try to get the mod finally working by next Monday.

Sounds good by me Ederon. We might need more players though, but good to hear Anders is on board.

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Fiendix
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:39:00 PM
 Pilus prior

btw what exactly will we be playing - i think i dont have the latest expansion...
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 1:18:30 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I have a relatively important test on the 3rd... will see when it actually is though, could be in the afternoon.
will let you know Smile

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:27:12 AM
 Field Major

I think one week postponement isn't an issue. And yes, once we have mod ready, we should advertise. We'll be doing FTM, at least that was the plan IIRC.
Fiendix
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:44:10 PM
 Pilus prior

ok need to buy that then. Havent had the time. I hope we managed to get 7-8 players - as I definately dont want to be a main player - best if I was a coop of a coop Big Grin One Tooth Grin
Traks
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:30:15 PM
 Centurion

Oh yea, last moment wishes.
1. Clean up 1 province Ethiopia, as Italy can't release "real" Ethiopia.
2. Make partisan cells 10-20x more expensive. Now they are cheap and not really balanced.
3. UK event which fires when it is at war with Germany sets it's neutrality to 0. That means on 1st of September 1940 it can declare war on entire world (or maybe just Axis nations for starters, most notably Italy). Set it to 30 minimum.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:02:13 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Actually it's the 4th Schuer
So we may actually begin at that date Smile

EDIT:
There are some interesting ideas and mods thrown around in the beta forums as of now, Juv is quite involved in them and i thrown in my 2 cents' worth from time to time, i think it's worth checking out.
Will tell you about it later.

Quick overview:

* Major overhall of land units and combat!
** On mainly equal fights the defender has a much bigger advantage than before. Attacking with superior force is probably even more effective though.
** Defensiveness and toughness now play a much bigger role. (Taking a hit once your defense is used up is roughly 7 times worse.)
** Increased org gains for low org units. (Also decreasing org gains for high org units)
** Reduced attack movement
** Reduced attack delay.
** Increased benefits from hard on soft attacks.
** Infantry have defensiveness, armour has toughness.
** Reduced Armour strength and increased its cost but increased its attack stats quite a bit.
** Lowered starting stats for many units epecially toughness defensiveness and hard attack.
** Tried to rebalance Art vs RA
** AC now gives cheap toughness
** Lowered costs of Gar and Mil. Increased their defensiveness! But garrisons especially has lower and terrible toughness.
** Improved Cav slightly

* Increased Germany starting practicals and theories
* Increased Germany starting land doctrines
* Gave Germany an officers effect making its units better but cost more.
* Gave France a penalty for its troops.
* Soviets now have worse effects from the purge. And learning the lessons from the winter war takes longer. (historically it took a couple of years for officer training set up after the winter war to start producing officers. )
* Further boosted Soviet FTM and GPW modifiers
* Boosted Germany revenge and blitz modifiers
* Increased Japanese starting practicals and theories
* Gave Japanese quite a bit more manpower. (As the get bogged down in China much more now, then lose men through attrition and can not build any more!)
* Removed some industry from China and moved to Ruhr(Germany) or Japan. (So globally is zero sum)
* Added Garrisons in Norway 1940 as France kept landing there! (Thus making my timings less accurate if a lot of french divisions were in Norway! )

Note that everything with a star we should probably take out - this is put in for SP balancing (and not for our 38 scen).
I especially like the combat changes though, because it successfully does away with the push from warsaw to moscow, and one finally has to do proper force buildups in order to achieve numerical advantage.
Somethign we should think about, i think Smile

How units will feel like:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvgtPAS1k6ILdFdTQVdGSVpPQ3FRaldKUGFDeWljUXc#gid=0

Fiendix
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:37:40 AM
 Pilus prior

I assume we would be playing the 38 scen?
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:33:04 AM
 Field Major

That was the plan
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:11:55 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
Actually it's the 4th Schuer
So we may actually begin at that date Smile

EDIT:
There are some interesting ideas and mods thrown around in the beta forums as of now, Juv is quite involved in them and i thrown in my 2 cents' worth from time to time, i think it's worth checking out.
Will tell you about it later.

Quick overview:

Quote:
DEUTSCHLAND ÜBER ALLES

Perhaps it's supposed to be game balancing, but "historically accurate"? Je ne pense pas.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Fiendix
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:15:45 PM
 Pilus prior

btw Id like to play a seafareing nation but not japan - so that most likely leaves me USA and UK... - with a pref to USA. Hopefully my coop will understand the need to spend some eye time in the spy screen Devil
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:51:54 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I would like to coop the USSR, Germany, USA, UK, or Japan. In that order.
Playing solo as any country but a minor is not something I feel adequately skilled to do, and minors are booooring.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Fiendix
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:57:40 PM
 Pilus prior

uhm so far i count 5.5 players

Traks
Ederon
Anders
Hytzon
Gen.Schuermann

Fiendix (as the half)

need at least 2-3 more.

Anybody have contact with Juv?
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:08:12 PM
 Field Major

Nope. But I've seen him posting in Scandi game evey now and then, so it shouldn't be a problem to get in touch with him.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:53:03 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Juv is a regular in the beta threads on pdox. should be easy to get in touch with him.

Hytzon
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:06:17 AM
 Brigadier General

We should also ask Forgiven I think.

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Anders
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 2:42:56 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Is this game starting anytime in the near future? Like today?

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Traks
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2012 7:28:54 PM
 Centurion

Somehow I think no.
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 3:18:48 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

How about Monday the 9th?

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Hytzon
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:17:26 AM
 Brigadier General

I think we need Ederon to finish the mod first.

Ederon
Posted: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:42:10 AM
 Field Major

I should have time to do it this Saturday finally. I just need to know, which version is gonna be our base.
Hytzon
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:53:29 AM
 Brigadier General

Whats up with the mod? Smile

Ederon
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 8:55:06 AM
 Field Major

Ok, let's restart. What version of the game are we gonna base our mod on? I'm uncertain what's the most common/accepted one. Once I know this, hopefully from someone who's in picture (unlike me), I'll compilte the mod. ATM I have dated version from Summer game times and the one from last game, which I'm not certain of.
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 8:26:35 AM
 Brigadier General

I suppose the summer game version is the latest one, we played that with FTM.

I think we should consider playing with the community map http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?545925-Community-Map-Project, it is quite stable now. It will be included in the next patch, but we have no idea when that will arrive.

Edit: hmm actually I am not sure the map can be contained in the mod folder... Confused

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 10:37:42 AM
 Field Major

Ok, so we have 2 options. Go with latest official patch with moddir version of our mod or with our mod blended into root game files, which means everyone will have to keep extra copy of the game just for Monday game. Not an issue for me, though moddir is more elegant.

Anyway, Hytzon, is map installation easy enough or is there some special hokey-pokey needed for it?