Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Completely not related to anything! Options · View
danomite
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2012 10:14:52 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1043-Europa-Universalis-IV-in-the-Press

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
Fivoin
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 10:13:47 AM
 General

High Elder Ike
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 11:40:43 AM
 Legatus legionis

Yes the relevance to anything is so minimal that it is hard to see.

[center]"Earthquakes are simply mother nature having a orgasm when she listens to March of the Penguins"
Matnjord
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 1:50:16 PM
 Captain

One Year Membership Medal

Fivoin wrote:

"Listens to the last 10 seconds" Come on! Do it this time!
BlitzMartinDK
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 6:21:59 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

So he would love to be able to export a game from CK2 to euIV? KOM!! They are stealing your converter! Wink
King of Men
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 7:01:30 PM
 Legatus legionis

Well. Back at the dawn of time, around 2002, what inspired me to write my ancient CK1->EU2 converter - and what a piece of garbage that was; I didn't understand parsing - was that the built-in converter in CK1 was really dreadful. It didn't even get the map halfway right, and the sliders were basically random. Now, admittedly CK1 had a lot of problems because Snowball couldn't meet its obligations and Paradox had to take over development halfway through - the Magna Mundi of its day, you might say - and maybe that's why the converter was so bad. Still, just judging by what I've seen Paradox actually do, competition on converters is not a major worry. Smile

All that aside, I'd actually welcome a break from writing converters. Sometimes I like to work on other things as well. If Paradox (or Idhrendur) can write a good converter, more power to them.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
danomite
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:27:03 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/09/obama-administration-denies-plan-to-invade-canada-135992.html

Great game experiences implies that this denial is in fact a confirmation that America is planning to invade Canada!

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
danomite
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:14:07 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Also not related to anything....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lyHQLyZUuM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrhA0sEkuaM&feature=player_embedded

Taiisatai64
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2012 5:51:25 AM
Recruit

danomite wrote:
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/09/obama-administration-denies-plan-to-invade-canada-135992.html

Great game experiences implies that this denial is in fact a confirmation that America is planning to invade Canada!

Ten Thousand Miles from Tip to Tip!
danomite
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:00:55 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

To quote Mike Elgan:
"[a] Brilliant, insightful and honest guest has wide-ranging, substantial conversation with intelligent, well-informed news anchor about US politics and economics.

No, this is not American TV. What, are you nuts?"

http://ww3.tvo.org/video/182491/tyler-cowen-great-stagnation

(Canadian network on US election, politics, and the us society and economy in general)

Juan_de_Marco
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:26:47 PM
 Brigadier General

I'm looking to start a V2 multiplayer game in the future, is anybody interested? This would be AHD, perhaps with some of the modifications you guys used for this episodes Great Game.

We would play from a converted EU3 save (need a little help there), but nobody would have the chance to see in advance the save. Players would bid on countries based on screenshots, to provide an Alternate yet Similar Timeline and no standard "UK as a gorilla" play. This means that someone could end up playing a non westernized nation, and it is also likely the high literacy is found in Europe. In the bidding you can offer anything: units, land, reforms to give up. The drawback is of course that you don't know what exactly the cost will be for your nation. Political parties will follow a somewhat standard format for their type but can edit 1 issue per party, not everything, so no uberparties with free trade, interventionism, full citizenship and jingoism. These parties will then be raffled: you won't know with what nation you end up with until you start to play the game, and you might just have made your enemy stronger. This handicap is to prevent gamey minmaxing.

Some rules would include: no declaring war on players involved in a Great War, no more than 3 Great Powers or 3 human players on one side in a war at any time. This to prevent the worst of gang bangs. Other rules will be added but this is the preliminary feel-out phase.

How would you guys like it, would you like to join? V2 when not pre-blobbed can be very fun!

/lurk
danomite
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:39:53 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

http://gigaom.com/europe/icelanders-approve-their-crowdsourced-constitution/

Need more of this.

el_zilcho321
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:12:01 PM
 General

Juan_de_Marco wrote:
I'm looking to start a V2 multiplayer game in the future, is anybody interested? This would be AHD, perhaps with some of the modifications you guys used for this episodes Great Game.

We would play from a converted EU3 save (need a little help there), but nobody would have the chance to see in advance the save. Players would bid on countries based on screenshots, to provide an Alternate yet Similar Timeline and no standard "UK as a gorilla" play. This means that someone could end up playing a non westernized nation, and it is also likely the high literacy is found in Europe. In the bidding you can offer anything: units, land, reforms to give up. The drawback is of course that you don't know what exactly the cost will be for your nation. Political parties will follow a somewhat standard format for their type but can edit 1 issue per party, not everything, so no uberparties with free trade, interventionism, full citizenship and jingoism. These parties will then be raffled: you won't know with what nation you end up with until you start to play the game, and you might just have made your enemy stronger. This handicap is to prevent gamey minmaxing.

Some rules would include: no declaring war on players involved in a Great War, no more than 3 Great Powers or 3 human players on one side in a war at any time. This to prevent the worst of gang bangs. Other rules will be added but this is the preliminary feel-out phase.

How would you guys like it, would you like to join? V2 when not pre-blobbed can be very fun!

I would be up for this, depending on the timing.

padre
Juan_de_Marco
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 7:38:56 PM
 Brigadier General

Cool! Glad to have you aboard, Zilcho. We will find a good timing, I'm sure.

any other takers?

/lurk
krijger9
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:44:42 PM
 Oberstleutnant

Juan_de_Marco wrote:
Cool! Glad to have you aboard, Zilcho. We will find a good timing, I'm sure.

any other takers?

Depends when.

my cpu will be fixed by thursday Annonym

Everything seems legit except the perhaps great powers stuff.

What if like greatpowers aren't that far from each other.

1 super mega great power vs etc

Death to all -Jahrell count of jyland and severin.
Death at age 23,leaving behind 3 children.

Ancestor of the house of kreijeager.

''One day, i hope that my legacy, my name, my coat of arms and my family saying will be what holds all of the danish empire together''

Seudlekcaj
danomite
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 11:16:58 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

Juan_de_Marco
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:22:14 PM
 Brigadier General

Dano, that is The Unholy Alliance!!!!

foul spawn of hell, I say

That's okay Krijger9, I am looking at the 2nd half of november to start it up, when my new house has internet.

/lurk
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:52:57 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Good, maybe they'll make episode VII more like the original trilogy I, II and III, instead of the crappy low-budget IV, V and VI.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
jodokus
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:55:33 PM
 Generaloberst

disney?....together with Lucas?

I think they can produce it beeing so epic fail that it actually becomes good in some really twisted sense.

danomite
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:20:57 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Part of the problem with star wars was Lucas himself. He has effectively kept a stranglehold on new ideas and stories beyond his original story.
With Lucas retiring and Disney in pursuit of $, we might actually see a sort of star wars renaissance of new ideas and stories from the greater expanded universe... The potential is great and almost endless...
Might see Kotor 1 & 2 quality stories instead of Episode 1 trash...

Or they could just recon the entire expanded universe and piss off all the fans...
And not to mention the specials...
A Disney Christmas special with JarJarBinks and scrooge...
Or a Disney princess special including the newest Disney princesses, Leah and Amidala...

Sigh...

I am overall on the optimistic side of things though...
Heres to hoping for Revan the movie one day... Though we can probably throw any darker stories out the window :/

Anders
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:34:19 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

We'll see Uwe Böll win an Academy Award for his Fallout-movie before we see a good Star-Wars film.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

danomite
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 8:38:42 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

BlitzMartinDK
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 11:20:12 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Anders wrote:
Good, maybe they'll make episode VII more like the original trilogy I, II and III, instead of the crappy low-budget IV, V and VI.

..when you say "original I, II, III" do you then mean nr 4-6, eg. Episode IV: A New Hope (1977),Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980),Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) ??

...or are you just trollin' again? Wink

Anders
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 10:34:15 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

BlitzMartinDK wrote:
..when you say "original I, II, III" do you then mean nr 4-6, eg. Episode IV: A New Hope (1977),Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980),Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) ??

...or are you just trollin' again? Wink

Episode I, II and III has amazing effects, every single frame is so dense, so many things happening, they are masterpieces of cinematography. Unlike Episode IV, V and VI, where it looks quite fake, like they had to hire the cheapes CGI-programmers available.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

jodokus
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2012 11:04:18 AM
 Generaloberst

he is just trolling againWink