Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Sunday Game - HOI2 - Anyone interested Options · View
Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2012 3:29:07 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

My new job seems to be going well, so my new days off are Sunday and Mondays each week. So I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone is interested. But looking at starting a new GC HOI2 game on Sundays. Probabally look at starting the sessions at the same time as Monday game 1800 or 1900cet I think it is for you Euro's, no idea what time it is for the yanks and like 2 or 3 am here in Downunder. I'll keep checking these forums tonight to see if we get enough interest, if not then maybe start next week. SE.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.

Stalins Elite
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:54:27 PM
 Pilus prior

Just refreshing this thread. So thinking 1936 Grand Campaign, Abyss, or maybe Kaiser Reich for Normal HOI2. Post your interest. SE.

Irsh Faq
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 5:37:58 PM
 Primus pilus

My work schedule on Sundays is changing as its no longer in season for what I used to do Sundays (drive tractor 6am-5pm). However I'm not entirely sure yet what my new schedule would be. It's possible I would end up working in teh afternoons till 4pm (so not compatible with usual time unless you all run late), but if I could get a morning shift I might be able to join up to a Sunday game.

Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Pharaoh of Alexandria, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Bhatara of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Captain of the Cape of Storms, Autocrat of Carthage, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant.
The Professor
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:08:54 PM
 General of the Army

I would be interested if we could play AoD? I can buy people copies if need be.

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
Anders
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:23:47 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

The Professor wrote:

I'll play AOD with you, Blayne. I even own a copy of the game. Let's just find a timeslot that fits. Fridays or Sundays work best.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
The Professor
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:09:23 PM
 General of the Army

Dibs on Russia by the way.

Now we thinking standard Hoi2 scenario plus rules for some historicalness or thinking maybe just make it free form free for all? If the latter some balance edits will be needed.

Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:17:12 AM
 Pilus prior

The Professor wrote:

I have AOD, and I don't like and refuse to play it. So as originally stated I'll play vanilla HOI, either GC 36, Abyss or Kaiser Reich Mod. SE.

Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:19:22 AM
 Pilus prior

Irsh Faq wrote:
My work schedule on Sundays is changing as its no longer in season for what I used to do Sundays (drive tractor 6am-5pm). However I'm not entirely sure yet what my new schedule would be. It's possible I would end up working in teh afternoons till 4pm (so not compatible with usual time unless you all run late), but if I could get a morning shift I might be able to join up to a Sunday game.

Well depends on what times your available. Monday time slot is usually 2am for me. We could start earlier or maybe even later, depending on wether we get enough people or not. SE.

The Professor
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:47:10 AM
 General of the Army

What if we edited it so that it had the DH map?

Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 6:27:16 AM
 Pilus prior

The Professor wrote:
What if we edited it so that it had the DH map?

If you can edit vanilla HOI2 so it has the larger map then by all means I'd be prepared to give it a go. SE.

Geofactor
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:35:53 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Im game for whatever we play...though i prefer vanilla...Blayne.....

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
Mighty G
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:57:44 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

ill second vanilla.

Im not playing AOD just to please anders. He always quits games and never plays his positions out to the end. He has alot of prooving to do to earn my trust back before id waste my time on a such a fruitless endeavour.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:38:59 AM
 Pilus prior

Mighty G wrote:
ill second vanilla.

Im not playing AOD just to please anders. He always quits games and never plays his positions out to the end. He has alot of prooving to do to earn my trust back before id waste my time on a such a fruitless endeavour.

Touche!

Well that's me, Mighty G, cantankerous old fool, Maybe IRSH, that's atleast enough to start a 2v2 for GC. 6 would be better. 2 spots left, any takers? Professor, your welcome to join, but I think the general consensus is vanilla. Anders I'd love to kick your ass at HOI again, I can just feel the trolling comin on lol, but like Mighty G. Given your track record, I'm a bit concerned to give you a major power. Maybe Italiosa for Anders, no biggy if he has a ragey mickfinckelstein. If we do Abyss, then it doesn't really matter. KR, well I don't think Anders would be responsible for fucking that up and changing the Balance of power to much, so quitsy no bigsy again. SE.

Edit* What's Bakk-coon do on a sunday night?

Anangryginga
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:46:24 AM
 Sergeant

yeah i'd be keen as long as things are balanced.
Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:00:49 AM
 Pilus prior

Anangryginga wrote:
yeah i'd be keen as long as things are balanced.

Define Balanced? SE.

Anangryginga
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:16:50 AM
 Sergeant

Stalins Elite wrote:
Define Balanced? SE.

You really have tio ask what I mean?

Fair teams, fair rules, a distinct lack of sledging...Baby
Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:26:40 PM
 Pilus prior

Anangryginga wrote:
You really have tio ask what I mean?

Fair teams, fair rules, a distinct lack of sledging...Baby

Fair teams I am all for and always have been. Time to train up some new talent anyways. One can only arse rape Geo so much you know, he's getting old and his anal cavities are getting loose, there's just no fun in it nowadays. Fair rules. What rules would you suggest. We've always used Aussie rules and most people are happy to play under the guidelines of them. If you have any fair amendments you'd like to have implemented, then by all means put them forward, we'll discuss and if the group is happy, we'll implement them. Distinct lack of sledging?¿?¿

Well very simply, don't sledge and you won't get sledged. Don't try to be clever and wage eternal resource and economic wars against your enemy because your skill and the skill of your allies is inferior. At the end of the day, USA forced Japan into war by cutting off they're resources. If you choose to do similar in game to your opponents, then like Japan historically did, you will be faced with a suprise attack. Play fair, show good sportsmanship, win or loose, you'll have mine and Mighty's respect, and we may acctually get to play a game together that goes past 1941. If the respect of your fellow players means diddly to you, and fairness and good sportsmanship isn't in your repertoire, then best you sit this one out... SE.

Anders
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:40:38 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Mighty G & Stalins Elite wrote:
[same old cantankerous shit as always.]

Jeder weiteres Kommentar überflußig.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:36:53 PM
 Pilus prior

Well for those interested, make your way to TS tonight. If Enough peeps show we'll get started.

TeamSpeak Address - teamspeak2.gamearena.com.au:25000

Mighty G
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:51:38 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Anders wrote:
Jeder weiteres Kommentar überflußig.

You can have it anyway,

No one here trusts you to play a major nation until the bitter end. IF you cant deal with that, sorry, go play single player.

Your quite welcome to take a minor like hungary spain canada brazil or whatever if you drop the attitude.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Anders
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:56:21 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

As long as the pair of you keep acting like a cantankerous pair of sphincters, my interest in playing with either of you is less than zero.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Stalins Elite
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:38:22 PM
 Pilus prior

Anders wrote:
As long as the pair of you keep acting like a cantankerous pair of sphincters, my interest in playing with either of you is less than zero.

Guess you won't be playing then. SE.

Geofactor
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 1:50:11 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Stalins Elite wrote:
Fair teams I am all for and always have been. Time to train up some new talent anyways. One can only arse rape Geo so much you know, he's getting old and his anal cavities are getting loose, there's just no fun in it nowadays. Fair rules. What rules would you suggest. We've always used Aussie rules and most people are happy to play under the guidelines of them. If you have any fair amendments you'd like to have implemented, then by all means put them forward, we'll discuss and if the group is happy, we'll implement them. Distinct lack of sledging?¿?¿

Well very simply, don't sledge and you won't get sledged. Don't try to be clever and wage eternal resource and economic wars against your enemy because your skill and the skill of your allies is inferior. At the end of the day, USA forced Japan into war by cutting off they're resources. If you choose to do similar in game to your opponents, then like Japan historically did, you will be faced with a suprise attack. Play fair, show good sportsmanship, win or loose, you'll have mine and Mighty's respect, and we may acctually get to play a game together that goes past 1941. If the respect of your fellow players means diddly to you, and fairness and good sportsmanship isn't in your repertoire, then best you sit this one out... SE.

Mt arse is only sore from crapping my daily SE....One Tooth Grin One Tooth Grin One Tooth Grin

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
Geofactor
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 1:55:23 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

And yes you DID stack the sides in the last two games...Two noobs and Silverbolt vs MG, SE and Bakkus? Golle has learned and played the game well...Silver built the worst USA since Angry and then there was Jodocusp on UK. Do you guys really feel good about yourselves?

Stalins Elite
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 4:34:35 AM
 Pilus prior

Geofactor wrote:
And yes you DID stack the sides in the last two games...Two noobs and Silverbolt vs MG, SE and Bakkus? Golle has learned and played the game well...Silver built the worst USA since Angry and then there was Jodocusp on UK. Do you guys really feel good about yourselves?

Umm... Yes... Yes I doEvil Grin Also the reason we were all on the same team in Monday game is because Jodocusp and Gollewog said I wasn't shit, and they refused to take my advice and give me respect as a player until I proved I could rape them, which I think I've proved. Also they both wanted another crack at Mighty G and Bakkus. You! That's right, you! Personally vouched for Silver. Yeah Silver's pretty good man, you know, he kicks the shit out of all the other noobs we play with, me and Silver are best of buddies, you know we do sqauts in the Gym and shit together man. So don't blame that shit on us.

The game prior to that was like me and Mighty G and maybe some random verse you, Angry and Rastius. I can't even remember who the 3rd axis player was, for all I remember, there probabally wasn't one, so it was probabally a 3 verse 2, by all means not unfair. The other in between game we started, I was UK, you were Germany, Angry was USSR, Dave was like Italy or Japan, Mighty G was a unified Communist China, and you were all at war with me. You and USSR formed unholy alliance, allied commi China, allied Japan. The most spectacular 4 verse 1 I've seen in ages, and I was still kicking the shit out of you'se. War started in 1937, all German MP had been bled out before you even got to outskirts of Paris, Italy was invaded and pillaged, it's entire army ravaged and destroyed. Japan had been checked and halted in the Pacific. I allied America and switched to them, and then American troops were started to mass on the battle feild and begin to push you guys back. Moral of the story don't blame my smarter playing style for your poor playing style as being unbalanced and uneven. SE.