Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

TFH Campaign 1 Options · View
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:45:31 AM
 Hauptmann

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I'm making a new thread where we can keep all the info relevant for our TFH Campaign at the same place.

Game started, next date: Upcomming Wednsday
We play weekly Wednesdays from 19:30 and until roughly 24:00.

Current lineup:

Axis:

Germany: Alex_brunius
Italy: Redcoat
Japan: Seseo

Reserve/Minor/Coop1: Open slot
Reserve/Minor/Coop2: Open slot

Allies:

USA: Marine
UK: Juv95
Soviet: Praetori

Reserve/Minor/Coop1: Pboptier
Reserve/Minor/Coop2: Open slot

Teamspeak:
We use TS3 Server and this is mandatory for organization of the game. Address: eve.dontexist.com, if you don't know about password ask me or Praetori for it in a PM.

Host:
Praetori

Checksum and version:
KIRF

Link: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638791-MOD-Multiplayer-Rebalance-Project
If you don't get it to work make sure you have GSKH = 4.02 clean install (no mods) and make sure you use the launcher.exe to start game and add mods.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:49:21 AM
 Hauptmann

Houserules suggestion:

Intelligence:

- No hostile intelligence actions before war with that nation. Hostile = Support own Party, Lowering unity, Raising threat, Cover op actions is not allowed but gathering points is.
- Support own party allowed versus AI (for example Germany supporting own party in Austria).

Diplomacy:

- Guarantee of Independence (GoI) only allowed in special cases.
- Soviet may put GoI on Finland, Romania, Persia and Turkey and the Baltic states.
- Germany may put GoI on Sweden, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey.
- UK and France may put GoI on Spain, Portugal, Greece and Turkey.
- You may NOT attack a nation which Independence you Guarantee unless it joins a faction or alliance your at war with.

Trade and embargo:

- Allies, Soviet and USA must trade away surplus resources to Axis requesting it, as long as they have more then +20 energy/ +10 metal / +5 rares. (They can cancel trades if they go negative).
- Allies and USA can embargo Japan after Japan sieze Indochina, but this may force Japan to attack sooner and secure it's resources and oil! (Soviet may not embargo Japan).

US war entry:

- If the year is 1942.
- If Japan is at war with a SOV, UK or a European nation.
- If Germany captures a mainland UK port.

Soviet war entry:

- If the year is 1942.

Italian war entry:

- If Paris has fallen.
- If it's 1940 or later.

Other Declaration of Wars:

- No ahistorical Axis DoWs before Danzig.
- No ahistorical Non Axis DoWs before 1940.
- Danzig may be selected earliest in July 1939.

Exploits:

- No exploits for example dropping paratroopers on enemy retreat destinations, or forcing evacuating amphibious assaults to retreat inland.

Rules applied by our Mod:

- Reserves allowed for everything (changed conscription laws to give a maximum of 25% IC discount).
- Lowered fort penalty from 9% to 7% per level.
- Lowered radar effect to half (225km max range instead of 450km).
- Limited paratrooper to a maximum of 20 brigades.
- Balance changes to submarines and carriers.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:36:14 PM
 Hauptmann

Important: Updated playing weekday to Wednesday since it suited everyone on TS better (per majority vote). We hold one more week in wait for the patch but started a testgame.
JASGripen
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:54:25 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I am away next week, too...

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives.
The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes.
The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.

//G. K. Chesterton
Praetori
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 7:00:46 PM
 Captain

Alex_brunius wrote:
Important: Updated playing weekday to Wednesday since it suited everyone on TS better (per majority vote). We hold one more week in wait for the patch but started a testgame.

Ok awesome.
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:12:27 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi,

I can play from around 19.45.
It depends on when i get my son to sleep.
Sadly i found this from Podcat.

I'm not sure to be quite honest. The target date was monday 29th, but we have discovered an out of sync multiplayer issue that we are trying to hunt down. We are getting closer but these kind of bugs can be very random and hard to pin down so I cant promise any dates before it is fixed. Once bug is fixed it will take about a day of testing before patch can be released.p.s before anyone posts "plz give me patch I only play single player" we really dont want to do that, there are a lot of MP groups that have been waiting on this patch as well and the effort of just rolling out a patch is non-trivial so I rather not do it twice in a short amount of time.

So it will be no patch today either.
So i guess no play today.
But we can chat and discuss things.

/Roger
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:05:41 PM
 Hauptmann

And we can keep playing our "test" game to learn a bit more about TFH and the MOD Smile
Marine
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2012 12:13:24 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I'm really looking forward to the game start this week.

/Marine
Alex_brunius
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:38:12 AM
 Hauptmann

Marine wrote:
I'm really looking forward to the game start this week.

/Marine

So am I!

Houserule suggestion updated with Trade/Embargo.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:24:28 AM
 Hauptmann

Nice to finally get started!

Updated the main post and see you next week Smile

If anyone is going to be absent you can post it in this thread and I will try to keep main post updated for good overview.
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:55:28 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I can play from around 19.30,because I have to put my son to sleep.

I'm looking forward to see what the Germans will do and also what the boot licking guy in the south
will do in southern Europe and Africa.

/Marine
Redcoat
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:41:54 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

I still have acess to allied forum. Does that mean I sholud play with the allies? ;-) How do you change this access?

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
juv95hrn
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:20:24 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

I'm sad to report that the upgrade bug is still there.

After the rehost an already deployed HARM brigade was reintroduced from start into the build queue.

Maybe because it was part of a division, maybe because I was clumsy enough to add more brigades to this div while upgrades were being done.

Also a GER para happened to drop down on one of my INF retreaters in Verdun (3 inf bde +1 AT bde) . This guy might have been overrun later on perhaps but still he would certainly have made it back from its current retreat.

I feel I need these forces with AI FRA taking a dive in early september again! Smile
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:53:35 AM
 Hauptmann

@Redcoat:
You now have access to the Axis subforum, anyone know who is moderator for the Allies subforum?

@Juv:
No complaints from the Axis side for you to edit these in (or edit in compensation supplies of roughly equivalent ammounts if you wish instead).

In General the game has been stable so far except these minor bugs. We could still use one or two backup/minor/coop players in the Axis team since both now ended up in the Allies. Perhaps that was for the best balancewise anyways so far seeing how France was AI controlled anyways and failed miserably in the defense.

A minor setback was that the TS server was down, does anyone except Jas Gripen knows who runs it? We used skype instead and if TS is still down later on I would recommend everyone to either get skype or we need to find us a new TS server Smile
juv95hrn
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 1:38:08 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

After comparing a save from the 22nd of august I discovered that not only already finished and deployed on map upgrades are reintroduced into the production queue but progress on units under upgrade are reset to what I suspect is zero.

A unit at about 95% progress now has about a months progress a month later.

Some other units that were under progress (about a month) have not progressed at all (still showing about a month of progress) which lead me to believe that they have reset to zero and the upgraded again for a month.

I have done the edits I can to reset the situation

1) the onmap upgraded unit that was reintroduced into the queue is copied and set to 99% progress

2) the 95% progress unit a month ago is copied and set to 99% progress.

3) other units under progress I have just left since they are not set back more than a month or so.

4) The para lost div is copied and placed in UK itself. I didn't know how to place it in France but since all other INF units were easily evacuated I am positive this would have been possible to do.

In total I win some and lose some from the edits but it should in total be very close to were I would have been without the bugs.

I will be extremely careful to only upgrade individual brigades in the future and not mix and match units in divisions under upgrading. This is a really annoying bug since it appears to happen quite frequently in MP games, at least for me.

Not sure where I should post the edited save for review.

EDIT:

For some reason the first INF brigade of the copied INF division won't show up in game. I'm afraid to use an edited save that won't work perfectly so I'll keep checking if I can fix it.

EDIT 2:

Its a display bug. Making a new save and opening it shows it correctly again.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:07:44 AM
 Hauptmann

Yes it seems that reorganizing or merging a division that has brigades upgrading is a known and confirmed bug which will cause the brigade(s) to be lost. Cancelling an upgrade in progress will also not give you the original unit back.

We should all avoid doing these so we don't have to do more savegame editing unnecessarily.

The upgrade progress resetting is something I have (luckily) not seen but I haven't been paying 100% attention either so it's possible it happened without me noticing it.
juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:08:21 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

We will have to do 2 hostings at start. It takes a 2nd one for the game to properly recognise the copied infantry division. I have no idea why it's not working the first time. The first brigade of the division shows up without stats. If you exhange the brigade for another one in the save file it is the same. So the syntax is correct but it won't show up in the game regardless. Splitting the Division before a rehost crashes the game so a 2nd rehost is neccessary.
juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:53:25 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Jankula keeps asking me to ask here for a player for our monday campaign for Italy. Give him or me a holler if anyone is interested.
Cwuelty
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:33:49 PM
 Private

So Praetori IP? Smile
Cwuelty
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:38:12 PM
 Private

Did I misunderstand or isn't the game about to start?
Cwuelty
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:09:54 PM
 Private

I still need to get used to listening to swedish again. Wink Can someone let me in on the conclusion for tonight? Is this weeks game postponed or cancelled?
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:22:03 PM
 Hauptmann

Cwuelty wrote:
I still need to get used to listening to swedish again. Wink Can someone let me in on the conclusion for tonight? Is this weeks game postponed or cancelled?

No problems, we (at least I) can hardly understand a word spoken danish either Tongue

We said we would give it until 20:30 to see if some more managed to show up. But our normal host will not be able to make it, and 2 other regulars have not shown up yet so they are not likely to get here either.

With 99% certainty the game is cancelled today due to the snowstorm.

Edit: Todays game now officially cancelled.

We play next Wednesdays 12:th and 19:th Dec instead. If someone can't play during the holidays (26:th) be sure to let us know before you disappear for Christmas, most of us on TS today seemed to be able to play throughout the holidays!
Praetori
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:02:36 AM
 Captain

Terribly sorry guys. As some of you know I'm a Lieutenant in the Swedish armed forces (not entirely retired as it turns out) and got called out yesterday to help the emergency services with bandwagon transports.
It was pretty bad conditions out-country around Stockholm with snowplows getting stuck and ambulances getting nowhere. To make matters worse our trusty Hägglunds vehicle threw a track and we ended up needing a recovery vehicle that didn't arrive until 2200hrs (I was to be relieved at 1800 but that didn't happen).
We actually had thunderstorms with lightning and shit in the middle of the blizzard, pretty messed up but I think we did ok. Btw the picture that was on Expressens first page yesterday of a Alpha Quebec bandwagon was taken by me Wink