Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hoi2 2: AoD game sometime when next major Hoi2 game ends? Options · View
The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:51:20 AM
 General of the Army

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Well as I vastly prefer AoD over Armageddon I would like to have a casual game with people.

I believe I can in a week or two get it ready so that we can seamlessly use the Darkest Hour map with Arsenal of Democracy and thus having the best of both worlds in an easily 30 second installation. (It will work with AI's, I was mostly done but got sidetracked.)

Anyone interested?

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
Mighty G
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:10:43 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

The Professor wrote:
Well as I vastly prefer AoD over Armageddon I would like to have a casual game with people.

I believe I can in a week or two get it ready so that we can seamlessly use the Darkest Hour map with Arsenal of Democracy and thus having the best of both worlds in an easily 30 second installation. (It will work with AI's, I was mostly done but got sidetracked.)

Anyone interested?

Except all the true believers know that hoi2 is far superior to AOD. You play hoi2 youll have 6 players.

AOD will never get off the ground. Except maybe if you attract muppets like anders (in which case you will also never finish the game)

One Tooth Grin

Learn to play vanilla before fucking about with mods and half assed versions of the game.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Anangryginga
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:32:54 AM
 Sergeant

The Professor wrote:

Anyone interested?

yeah I'd be keen for a game of Arma sometime but it will involve working around my roster.
Mighty G
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:23:31 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

IMHO Axis dont stand a chance in AOD.

But have fun and let me know how it goes for ya.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:23:44 PM
 General of the Army

Mighty G wrote:
Except all the true believers know that hoi2 is far superior to AOD. You play hoi2 youll have 6 players.

AOD will never get off the ground. Except maybe if you attract muppets like anders (in which case you will also never finish the game)

One Tooth Grin

Learn to play vanilla before fucking about with mods and half assed versions of the game.

You know I've been playing since the original Hearts of Iron 2 right? I have some 350 hours clocked so......

Mighty G
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:12:50 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

You were still in diapers when we were doing hoi 1 then yay

George Orwell

Stalins Elite
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:13:00 AM
 Pilus prior

The Professor wrote:
You know I've been playing since the original Hearts of Iron 2 right? I have some 350 hours clocked so......

LOL. Me and Mighty have 350 hours clocked in like 1 of our games of Abyss alone, went until like 1957. If we added up all the playing time me and Mighty have done of HOI2 and Armageddon, I reckon we've wasted a couple of years atleast... SE.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.

Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:32:49 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I might play if you get enough people...tho the challenge would be to play and beat the Aussie group sharks in a game of Hoi2. I dear say you would not be able to get a team good enough to beat them either as allies or as axis. Also ive been playing a bit of AOD lately, and the battle strategy is not much different if at all from Hoi2. Of course there are benies in the use of the economy and the added tech teams and build cues. Maybe you could state specifically what IS better in AOD besides what ive stated?

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:36:34 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Also i'd be willing to play on your team as a minor if you get enough for the majors...just to get a first hand view of the onslaught! MG as Germany, SE as Japan and Bakkus as Italy are a very formidable team to say the least...and then there is Dan from Germany as well. I suggest you strap a set on and try to beat them at their own game!

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
Mighty G
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:05:42 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Geofactor wrote:
Also i'd be willing to play on your team as a minor if you get enough for the majors...just to get a first hand view of the onslaught! MG as Germany, SE as Japan and Bakkus as Italy are a very formidable team to say the least...and then there is Dan from Germany as well. I suggest you strap a set on and try to beat them at their own game!

Smile

i was hoping for a backseat minor to play suprise sex from Smile I can watch the retards fight and then come in with my ski mask on

George Orwell

Anangryginga
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:57:39 PM
 Sergeant

Mighty G wrote:
Smile

i was hoping for a backseat minor to play suprise sex from Smile I can watch the retards fight and then come in with my ski mask on

Scarey thing is ur avatar fits that profile. Also HUB was chatting on FB he is keen to play Hoi2, and a RL friend is keen to play. he may join us in EU3 when you are back/
The Professor
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:49:24 PM
 General of the Army

AoD, aside from Cold War Extension properly working with an extended tech tree; has numerous large non trivial improvements that make it a much better game; airforces and navies are completely redone and rebalanced; intelligence actually has an major effect on naval maneuvers. Stacking penalties make all infantry and militia armies less optimal giving further incentive to combined arms tactics. Manpower has been redone to add a 'soft' cap for countries can't just build 3000 divisions until the end of time.

Retooling times on 99% of units means that you can't just IC whore until the last second before spamming troops but need to prepare far more significantly in advance. The ability to upgrade construction queues is a huge feature that I can't live without as it was always annoying to tear down and replace them whenever it was time to upgrade. Additionally gearing bonuses are better.

There's a lot of strategies that become incompatible with AoD's mechanics, larger numbers doesn't equal better; a battle where 18 divisions loses, 9 of the same might win instead; weather and geography counts for more too.

Re: Airforces; massive differences, planes behave radically different now and more intuitively so for their roles.

The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:19:50 AM
 General of the Army

Making good progress on the mod, should work fine for the vanilla scenario with AI's on the new map.

The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:41:12 AM
 General of the Army

MOD is more or less done, anyone interested?

Geofactor
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:16:27 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Sure, where can i get the needed files?

Gollevainen
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:08:35 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

Quote:
MG as Germany, SE as Japan and Bakkus as Italy are a very formidable team to say the least

Well we beat them in the last two monday games didn't we? And we had Jodocoon and Dan bitchfighting all the time in our side and not to mentioning Silverwag at the start of the last game...

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Dan
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:25:10 PM
 Oberleutnant

I always wonder why people without online gaming experience want to play Mods instead of playing the original game.

This AoD Mod adds a lot of new fuzzy stuff to the Tech Tree. Great. But this game isnt supposed to be some Sim City Simulation.

It's a Grand Strategy Game. And learning build lists by heart is no Strategy skill to me
Mighty G
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:20:23 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I agree with DAN 100%

As for a new game..............

Hopefully in the first week of January i find out when my new job starts and i can post my availability once i know more.

Even if i have to sleep retarded 1 or 2 nights i will. But i wont know what nights im free until early january (should know in first week)

As i said earlier this month im happy to play a minor in the next game so the game can get running whilst i find my footing in this new job, incase i cannot make a session or so such.

DST really fucks things up as the game going till 7am is a real burden for me. (2am-6am was manageable) 7am fucking sux. lol

Seems im 0-3...... Might have to redeem myself next year hey Dan Tongue

George Orwell

Dan
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:51:30 PM
 Oberleutnant

what about on weekends so that all can have enough sleep and time to play?