Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Poll Question: When should the poker game be played(KoMs thread)?
Choice Votes Statistics
Saturday! 5 33%
Sunday! 4 26%
Both work for me 6 40%
Other day 0 0%

Time slot for the game Options · View
Frosty
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 4:45:47 PM
 Major General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

For clarity I will henceforth be referring to the game KoM started a thread for as the poker game, as he suggested naming it after the game (full house, royal flush, aces high, dead man's hand?) and the game from blaynes thread as blaynes game.

So in the interest of allowing both games to live, and those who want to play in both, are people able to play Sunday? Or should we keep it Saturday and hope there are enough players available? Try for a weekday?

I can play any time except tuesday.

Jakalo wrote:
You sir shame us in the eyes of the rest of the world.

King of Men wrote:
  • Frosty AAR: Stab. Stab, STAB, SLASH, KILL!

• el_zilcho321 wrote:
    God I hate Frosty.
    High Elder Ike
    Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 4:49:49 PM
     Legatus legionis

Sundays for I much desire to play in both of them.

[center]"Earthquakes are simply mother nature having a orgasm when she listens to March of the Penguins"
    Anders
    Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 5:25:06 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Frosty wrote:
    and the game from blaynes thread as blaynes game.

That would be "A Game of Crowns"

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
    I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
    danomite
    Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 8:00:11 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Either works for me, but slightly prefer Sunday and/or a slightly later timeslot Tongue Voted as either.

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
    If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
    because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
    Irsh Faq
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:47:38 AM
     Primus pilus

At the risk of being shouted down by Europeans, is there any possibility of a time slot that isn't smack in the middle of the day East Coast time? I am still working 7 days a week, but I do get out at 4pm on Sundays (and home around 415). The old time slot was 10AM-2PM Saturday - basically exactly in the middle of the work day.

Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Pharaoh of Alexandria, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Bhatara of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Captain of the Cape of Storms, Autocrat of Carthage, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant.
    Anders
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:03:05 AM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Irsh Faq wrote:
    The old time slot was 10AM-2PM Saturday - basically exactly in the middle of the work day.
    It was almost perfect for Europeans, ending the game early enough to let us participate in social activities Saturday evening.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

oddman
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:34:13 AM
     Admiral

Anders wrote:
    It was almost perfect for Europeans, ending the game early enough to let us participate in social activities Saturday evening.

It was also smack dab in the middle of dinner time. Four hours later on Sunday would work for me.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
    -Bertrand Russell
    Anders
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:42:13 AM
     Generalfeldmarschall

oddman wrote:
    It was also smack dab in the middle of dinner time. Four hours later on Sunday would work for me.
    For me too, really. That would enable me to take a trip on Saturday and be home in time for the game on Sunday. 2000-2400 CET on Sundays would be really nice.

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Mighty G
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:30:45 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Irsh Faq wrote:
    At the risk of being shouted down by Europeans, is there any possibility of a time slot that isn't smack in the middle of the day East Coast time? I am still working 7 days a week, but I do get out at 4pm on Sundays (and home around 415). The old time slot was 10AM-2PM Saturday - basically exactly in the middle of the work day.

Irsh you should know by now these euro princess arent dedicated enough like you or me to play at Fucked up hours of the day.

They need there cotton puffs and "me" time before they can play at a manly hour of the day/night

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    George Orwell

Mighty G
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:33:54 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

For the record, i cannot play Sundays. As i work monday.

Because your sunday is my monday early morning. And as a commited player i allready have 2 ongoing games that require me to play at 3am-7am and then to work at 8am. I simply could not do more.

If it ends up being sundays, all good, but count me out.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    George Orwell

Anders
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:47:49 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Mighty G wrote:
    Irsh you should know by now these euro princess arent dedicated enough like you or me to play at Fucked up hours of the day.

They need there cotton puffs and "me" time before they can play at a manly hour of the day/night

But we Europeans from the Civilized North have gainful employment, unlike the minimum-wage-slaves in Free-Enterprise Paradises such as Oceania and the united states of America. Joos
    We cannot simply take a day off from work or reduce our productivity; Our labour has so much higher value than yours.

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Mighty G
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:51:46 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Dont know if you got the memo, but Asia is the only growth region on the planet.

Allthough the good news for you is hollidays in spain and greece will continue to be cheap cheap, just not $2 suck fucky cheap cheap

George Orwell

Irsh Faq
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:53:39 PM
     Primus pilus

Mighty G wrote:

Yeah. I can do whenever though as long as it is not actually during the middle of the work day. If 415 PM EST is taken up by princessy activities of which I shall not speak, how about 4AM? That's like siesta time in Finland or something right?

Emperor of Ethiopia, High King of Ceylon, Pharaoh of Alexandria, Sultan of Arabia, Prince of Antioch and Damascus, Lord Protector of the Tamil Coast, Maharaja of Gujarat, Bhatara of Java and Sumatra, Archduke of Australia, Captain of the Cape of Storms, Autocrat of Carthage, Sea Lord of the East Pacific, Caliph of Baghdad, and Defender of the Ark of the Covenant.
    Anders
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:00:26 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Mighty G wrote:
    Dont know if you got the memo, but Asia is the only growth region on the planet.

I know, that's who'll be buying our oil if the bottom falls out of the western markets. The Spice Shall Flow!

And "economic growth" is almost always synonymous with massive exploitation of labour. Enjoy your servitude, Prole!

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Mighty G
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:03:41 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Anders wrote:
    I know, that's who'll be buying our oil if the bottom falls out of the western markets. The Spice Shall Flow!

And "economic growth" is almost always synonymous with massive exploitation of labour. Enjoy your servitude, Prole!

Nah, thats why there escalating there disputes over the south chinese sea. Therell be a war before the americans let you sell your sweet sweet crude in the backyard of there puppets.

George Orwell

Anders
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:13:31 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Mighty G wrote:
    Nah, thats why there escalating there disputes over the south chinese sea. Therell be a war before the americans let you sell your sweet sweet crude in the backyard of there puppets.

>2013
    >Hasn't heard of the China-Burma railroad

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Mighty G
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:25:45 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Anders wrote:
    >2013
    >Hasn't heard of the China-Burma railroad

Thats exactly why you need to worry,

Europes been there done that. Asia is pretty much undeveloped.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

George Orwell

oddman
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:37:22 PM
     Admiral

Irsh Faq wrote:
    Yeah. I can do whenever though as long as it is not actually during the middle of the work day. If 415 PM EST is taken up by princessy activities of which I shall not speak, how about 4AM? That's like siesta time in Finland or something right?

How's Sunday, 1400 - 1800 EST for you, Irsh?
    EDIT: Not good, since you only get home at 1615. Ho hum.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
    -Bertrand Russell
    Anders
    Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:43:54 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Mighty G wrote:
    Thats exactly why you need to worry,

Europes been there done that. Asia is pretty much undeveloped.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The Indonesian Straits is exactly why they're building the railroad and the pipeline to Burma.

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: