Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

After sessions (OOC and OOG) Options · View
High Elder Ike
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:21:50 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

So a place for all the after sessions stuff except save editing and you know all that kind of stuff. No rules discussion either. Only after sessions stuff.

So at least on my part I can call the first session a great success. With my 20% signal strength to the lousy 4G network I managed to uphold the connection at all times only lagging behind few times. Also only lost one of my starting counties but in progress gained access to much more fertile hunting grounds. Three successful plots and family on the line of inheritance in Novgorod and her three ducal titles.

[center]"Earthquakes are simply mother nature having a orgasm when she listens to March of the Penguins"
Anders
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:25:19 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

And I only had one OOS and crash.
But my primary died within very few years, resulting in my heirs getting horrible stats.
Still, I expanded my trade and even got another city, Mao on Menorca, which I had to hand over to a vassal due to demesne limit. In the proces of adding another city now, the one county north of Barcelona.
Monthly income varies between 9 and 13d.

It was fun, and I'm looking forward to the next session, when, in all likelihood, the Doge will give half my TPs to the family with the least TPs.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Wraith
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:28:07 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership Medal

This would have been an astoundingly successful session for me if it weren't for that stupid shit with Pomeralia -_-. I only managed to get one more county (Lausitz) and I'm only 30 gold short of recreating the Duchy of Brandenburg title, but my ruler is incapable from a battle injury >Sad
Dustz
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:47:12 PM
 Private 1st Class

BARCELONA

This has been by far the worst start I've ever made at CK2 Banghead Game over in less tha 2 years LOL

So after my Català dinasty get extint, the lands that ruled passed to the house of Urgell by the hand of the Duke of Barcelona, who was rewarded by the new rulers of the catalan lands with rebellion, independence and usurpation of his title.

After that we had a war with algiers, a war we won, but in the meantime genoa conquered the southern catalan lands Thumbs Up
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:56:39 PM
 Legatus legionis

Lots of children, but no success at becoming a Duke. No gains of land. Did not succeed at killing my brothers-in-law so my son would inherit, but oh well, that was always a long shot.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
High Elder Ike
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:09:25 PM
 Legatus legionis

King of Men wrote:
Lots of children, but no success at becoming a Duke. No gains of land. Did not succeed at killing my brothers-in-law so my son would inherit, but oh well, that was always a long shot.

You lack the natural skill of being treacherous. Evil Grin Also there is a chance that my beloved wife will create the Kingdom of Rus if the Grand Prince meets an unfortunate rocking horse accident.Rolleyes

[center]"Earthquakes are simply mother nature having a orgasm when she listens to March of the Penguins"
JacobGood
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:12:29 PM
 Lieutenant General

6 kids, and usurped Duchy of Athenai. Also in progress war to take another province.

Good game, all in all.
Frosty
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:29:07 PM
 Major General

My plot to institute elective law in France is on hold, as 12 other factions rose against the king and Tulouse refuses to activate our faction despite this being an excellent opportunity to do so. Meanwhile the fight over who gets to be king between the Capets and de Bourgogne, both sides running around failing to get their victories to stick, and most my land being occupied.

Jakalo wrote:
You sir shame us in the eyes of the rest of the world.

King of Men wrote:
  • Frosty AAR: Stab. Stab, STAB, SLASH, KILL!

• el_zilcho321 wrote:
    God I hate Frosty.
    Chogquir
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:29:16 PM
     1st Lieutenant

hmm well, my sultan demanded my 6 dutchy capital back which was a bitch. after that the Persian empire holywared my next capital.

on the plus side I got my original capital back, forgot the name of the prov but who cares, and im a duke now (Emir).

also if anyone would like some sons they can have mine, I have have a dozen spares.

God Save the President-ey
    fasquardon
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 9:42:51 PM
     Admiral

Managed to gain a few counties. Declared independence. During one of my crashed, I had the AI usurp the duchy of Fes too early, meaning the Almoravids came gunning for me. But had enough gold on my own to be able to afford the mercenaries to destroy the Almoravid main army. Couldn't keep the mercs in the field, because the aid from Nice arrived too late. But at the moment I seem to have gained a narrow advantage. We'll see if I can defeat the local 400 pound gorilla next session.

My starting duke died of natural causes at 34. Alas, poor Ossor did not seem to have adapted to the rigors of the past very well...

Very pleased that my neighbours across the strait managed to drive back the Genoese. I'd love to take some credit, but a crash stopped me from being able to send money to hire mercenaries.

fasquardon

Propheteocrat of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in There Will be War - In the Balance

Tyrannos of the Second Republic of Rome, High Speaker of United Georgia and Emperor of the Seljuk Turks in And Rumors of War
    Anders
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:06:35 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

As long as the owner of Grenada doesn't interfere with my property, that is, my Trade Ports, I will not invest in helping the Doge in his epic crusade to give his heir a Duchy of his own.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Geofferic
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:23:29 PM
     Corporal

Other than my troops refusing to carry on doing whatever their orders were between reloads, I think it went well.

I must've plot-assassinated 7 members of the same family in order to get the Duchy of Jerusalem to fall to the Fatimid Sultan, who then granted it to me.

I also picked up two additional counties (should have been 3 - save/reload allowed the Sultan to beat my troops to a key County!) and I believe two claims.

I've also got a small tribe of kids and a lucrative loan sharking business going with my sole client: Algericas. Smile
    baronbowden
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:33:20 PM
     General of the Army

All I can say is WOW to my start.

2 years in my ruler is taken prisoner by my leige.. and summarily executed.. splitting the 3 demense realm between two daughters.
    If that wasn't bad enough Genoa then proceeds to declare a holy war for my entire holdings. I am a minor so no access to plots and absolutely no gold.
    I get lucky and manage to get 1 more territory to my left from an unsuspecting count.. and then swear allegiance to a different tyrant.
    I lose all holdings except 2... I then save enough cash (beg from my good buddy over in the holyland) enough to declare a holy war for my lands back. Terrible plan the pope comes and treats me like a rag doll.
    I lose 100 gold I can't afford to lose when I surrender that war.. BUT Genoa has a new dodge it looks like no truce for me to worry about..
    I declare war using a claim seeing he is embroiled in another war. I literally get the warscore to 65% before he starts landing his mercanary armies AND he surrenders JUST as we finish the game. Praise be to Merciful Allah.

After all the up's and downs.. I am break even again.
    Minus the fact I now have a daughter who can't mat marry at all..... which means my line will be extinct anyways.....
    Damn you Allah! So conflicted.

Famous Quotes

KhanXLT: day to day, lucky things happen to me
    KhanXLT: you know, little things
    Newman: lol that husky girl behind the counter at the grocery store gave you her number didnt she!!!!

El_Zilcho321: Euro balance = ban BB
    KhanXLT
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:35:33 PM
     General

The original target of byzantine aggression could have been targeted in 4 different directions, and it picked the one most inconvenient to me. Now instead of grabbing King of Georgia by year 17, I am stuck waiting for claims or regional instability.
    danomite
    Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:37:40 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Ah mine was going great, over a series of wars doubled my size, got a dutchy and the ground work for a second, then the Persian King went all heretic religion and dowed me shortly there after. Things went down hill after that... armies wiped, even with mercenaries wasn't able to stop Persian Doomstacks. Lost a few provs and some titles and ended up in Prison.
    Sigh.
    But alas I shall return with a vengeance.
    All that aside a I think it went reasonable well all things considered.
    Now to plot my jailbreak...

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
    If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
    because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
    Falador
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:07:33 AM
     Major

My first session was alright, faired a bit worse than I usually do.

During my war for independence for me liege to create the Duchy of Gelre it was granted to me by the HR Emperor (Helps being the Emperors Steward Cool , plotted claims on the Duchy of Holland and went to war over it and won.

Gained 2 Duchy's and 1 County!

Then, everything changed when the Spaniards attacked.
    cyrileom
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 12:29:08 AM
     Corporal

I'm still in a surprisingly good position. I can go independent immediately, and take the Kingdom of Abyssinia at session start. After that, it's a matter of waiting for the Crusade and then fucking the Shia.
    Lordling
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:00:11 AM
     Corporal

So uh, apparently the AI picked up an extra province for me. Nice of it to do so, I suppose.

It also gave me two superb older sons with stats out of the wazoo, plenty of cash, lots of piety and prestige, and basically ran a good first session. I can honestly say that I'm surprised.

Though as to trying to get into the game, my string of hilariously bad luck continues. (I had to run up the university to play as our new house hasn't got the internet yet, my car battery died that selfsame night).

High Elder Ike
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 3:05:41 AM
     Legatus legionis

cyrileom wrote:
    I'm still in a surprisingly good position. I can go independent immediately, and take the Kingdom of Abyssinia at session start. After that, it's a matter of waiting for the Crusade and then fucking the Shia.

Did you mean The Shia?

oddman
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:41:08 AM
     Admiral

Kiev's First Session!

Lots of ups and downs; gained a lot of prestige due to won wars, but did not actually gain a lot of territory.

1: my liege, the Duke of Kiev (I am the count) gives me one poison pill of a county (though I am not aware of its poisonous nature).
    2: The Russian Principalities constantly wage war on one another. In the war in which Rostov annexes Novgorod with the help of Kiev, the Independence faction of Kiev rises! I am part of this faction. Sadly, not its leader, and the Count of Vyazma starts it way prematurely. Fortunately, the Grand Prince's armies are in Novgorod! So, stuff goes well, until the Cumans and the Pechenegs DoW me - they want that province my Duke gave me at the start.
    3. At war with all my neighbours except the Grand Principality of Ryazan. War against Kiev successful; war against Pechenegs successful. Yay! I am now an independent, 3-province county squashed between 2 pagan factions and 2 much larger principalities, and I have the land I need to usurp the Duchy of Kiev.
    4. I see the Pechenegs are being whupped by the Byzantines. Most of their shit is occupied. I still have my mercs from the last war; I decide to put my money reserve to good use and DoW for Holy War for Crimea (1 prov).
    5. This works out poorly. Pecheneg peaces the Byzantines and Pecheneg doomstacks spring out of nowhere. With no safety net, I surrender as soon as I can. This costs me the money I needed to become independent. Also, being a small county surrounded by potential enemies on all sides, I choose to swap to a different liege: Ryazan.
    In the mean time, Rostov splits into Novgorod and Rostov once more. Yay, Gavelkind.
    6. I plot to get my future grandson on the Ryazan throne, but the Grand Prince snuffs it and his daughter does not inherit the Ryazan claims on all the other principalities. Dangit.
    7. Ryazan keeps getting invaded by the dang Cumans, who holy war for Poison Pill Province. The Cumans occupy my shit, while only my liege can peace them out. This does not seem a recipe for success; he will hand out *my* provinces when he (inevitably) loses the war against the Cumans.
    8. I swap back to Grand Principality of Kiev, and thus automatically peace out with the Cumans One Tooth Grin.
    9. Sucking up to my old liege in Kiev, whose wife succeeded to the Polish throne. Opportunities abound!

In the mean time, my wife goes on a birthing spree and gives me 4 more daughters and a son. I gained the following ambitions: gain Learning, gain Intrigue, become Marshal (for Kiev and for Ryazan), get a Son. There was also some successful plotting in Ryazan, as the Spymaster there hates his liege.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
    -Bertrand Russell
    cyrileom
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 5:58:01 PM
     Corporal

High Elder Ike wrote:
    Did you mean The Shia?

Eh screw it. Him too.
    Mark0628
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 6:24:36 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

so venice is in a fine position for me to become doge of venice only problem is my son stats are 0-0-0-0-0 since he is an imbicile Sad well first borns. my second son is a good guy, my second was always my favorite >.>
    Anders
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:02:13 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Mark0628 wrote:
    my son stats are 0-0-0-0-0 since he is an imbicile Sad
    Off to the Church with him then.

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Mark0628
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:11:44 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

Anders wrote:
    Off to the Church with him then.

to late my leige landed him. that dick.
    KhanXLT
    Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 11:18:21 PM
     General

Mark0628 wrote:
    my son stats are 0-0-0-0-0 since he is an imbicile

Assuming you are a republic, you should have an honorary title to designate an heir, which you can use to choose who you want to lead your family.