Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Here is a new thread on the next Campaign

We will start again in week 4(22th Jan) Smile

We now have a new MP Mod version(0.05).

The available countries:

Axis:

Germany: Juv95hrn (Confirmed)
Italy: Praetori (Confirmed) /JASGripen as coop (Pending)
Japan: Marine (Confirmed)

Reserve/Minor/Coop1: Redcoat as Romania (Confirmed)
Reserve/Minor/Coop2: ?

Allies:

USA: Bpoitier (Confirmed)
UK: Lollo (Confirmed)
Soviet: Alex (Confirmed)
France(when it falls you will become USA): ?
China(when it falls you will become USA): ?

Reserve/Minor/Coop1: Chimaera72 as Australia (Confirmed)
Reserve/Minor/Coop2: ?

Communications:
We use TS3 Server and this is mandatory for organization of the game. Address: eve.dontexist.com, if you don't know about password ask Alex or Praetori for it in a PM.

Server Host:
Praetori or Juv95hrn

Checksum and version:
MP Mod version 0.05(Checksum TCPI)
Link to thread where you can download it and also read the changelog: http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=2835

Houserules suggestion:

Intelligence:

This is allowed with spies(intelligence actions ) before war starts in Europe: Military espionage, Counter espionage, Tech espionage. Covert operations(Only collecting points), Support own party allowed versus AI (for example Germany supporting own party in Austria).
After war starts with that country that you want to spy on, all the rest is allowed.
Coups are not allowed on human players. at any time

Diplomacy:

- Guarantee of Independence (GoI) only allowed in special cases.
- Soviet may put GoI on Finland, Romania, Persia and Turkey and the Baltic states.
- Germany may put GoI on Sweden, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey.
- UK and France may put GoI on Spain, Portugal, Greece and Turkey.
- You may NOT attack a nation which Independence you Guarantee unless it joins a faction or alliance your at war with.

Trade and embargo:

- Allies, Soviet and USA must trade away surplus resources to Axis requesting it, as long as they have more then +20 energy/ +10 metal / +5 rares. (They can cancel trades if they go negative).
- Allies and USA can embargo Japan after Japan sieze Indochina, but this may force Japan to attack sooner and secure it's resources and oil! (Soviet may not embargo Japan).

US war entry:

- If the year is 1942.
- If Japan is at war with a SOV, UK or a European nation.
- If Germany captures a mainland UK port.

Soviet war entry:

- If the year is 1942.

Italian war entry:

- If Paris has fallen.
- If it's 1940 or later.

Other Declaration of Wars:

- No ahistorical Axis DoWs before Danzig.
- No ahistorical Non Axis DoWs before 1940.
- Danzig may be selected earliest in January 1939.

Exploits:

- No exploits for example dropping paratroopers on enemy retreat destinations, or forcing evacuating amphibious assaults to retreat inland.
- No rushing with ACs and HQs to take enemy territories on purpose

Other Houserules:

- Submarine flotillas limited to 3 units per fleet/sea-zone.
- No positioning penalty(Red number) over 50 on ships.
- Having the wars in China and Ethiopia is okay since they where on almost the entire war. This can also be okay with some other countries to i think. Just ask about it first.
- Suggestion of a new Houserule from Alex: Since Alex changed Strategic redeployment speed to 30km/h, we should limit it somewhat so it's clear your not allowed to exploit it in offensives. The suggestion is then to limit it to only be allowed to end in a Port,Urban or in a VP Province( they should assemble logical railroad hubs).
This is more realistic I think, because there where not railroads everywhere in WWII.
Strategic Railroad Redeployment is not intended to rush infantry reinforcements back and forth a few provinces along the front or through a hole in the enemy lines!

Rules applied by our Mod:

- Reserves allowed for everything (changed conscription laws to give a maximum of 25% IC discount).
- Lowered fort penalty from 9% to 7% per level.
- Lowered radar effect to half (225km max range instead of 450km).
- Limited paratrooper to a maximum of 20 brigades.
- Balance changes to submarines and carriers.
- For more on the Mod read the changelog.

EditedSaddelay in start date and some adjustments. I have also now put some ideas on who will play what so far. I have now also included the changelog for all versions so far. so that new players and old can catch up on what is changed. New MP Mod version and checksum is up now.)
/Marine

File Attachment(s):
MRP Changelog.txt (13kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

Praetori
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:31:40 PM
 Captain

I have a couple of questions/considerations.

Hostile intelligence limitations IMO should only be limited until WW2 breaks out (ie after the Axis are at war with the Allies) as, historically, intelligence operations both by the Axis vs Soviet and by the US vs the Axis powers (and vice verse) were not limited to just intelligence gathering (not to mention the British operations in the US as well as MI6 programs in the USSR).
The real game-breaker are the "coup" missions and ahistorical raise-threat operations and those are the ones we should aim to regulate IMO.

Danzig or War July '39 feels a bit late (the Axis will probably have a hard time as it is) and extending the DoW to Jan 1 '39 would give Germany some extra freedom (since we already capped USSR to enter at '42 earliest).

I would also like to add (though not strictly a house-rule) that GoI to be clearly declared to all involved parties on TS and/or in-game chat.
Marine
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:43:31 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I would also like to add (though not strictly a house-rule) that GoI to be clearly declared to all involved parties on TS and/or in-game chat.

I agree on this ,so that all know whats happening.

Quote:
Danzig or War July '39 feels a bit late (the Axis will probably have a hard time as it is) and extending the DoW to Jan 1 '39 would give Germany some extra freedom (since we already capped USSR to enter at '42 earliest).

I fully agree on this as well ,because we need that Axis surprise ,when will they attack Confused

Quote:
Hostile intelligence limitations IMO should only be limited until WW2 breaks out (ie after the Axis are at war with the Allies) as, historically, intelligence operations both by the Axis vs Soviet and by the US vs the Axis powers (and vice verse) were not limited to just intelligence gathering (not to mention the British operations in the US as well as MI6 programs in the USSR).
The real game-breaker are the "coup" missions and ahistorical raise-threat operations and those are the ones we should aim to regulate IMO.

Yes this fells much more historical.

As we talked about earlier we should also limit the size of subs to 2-3 per province, but it depends on how the next mod version is .

Anders
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:49:29 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I'd like to join, as Axis minor/coop. I'll let you more experienced players decide which.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Alex_brunius
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:55:22 AM
 Hauptmann

@Anders, be aware that many of us do prefer to talk in Swedish/Scandinavian in TS. If you can convince everyone in the Axis team to make an exception or if your not bothered with not understand most, it's probably fine though (Assuming you don't understand Swedish).
This might be confusing since we do write in English here but we can just say we had some bad previous experience with players who spoke "english" that we hardly could understand and no less reason with in such complex situations that HoI3 requires!

@All, Id like to play something not Axis for a change after two games of Axis, here is my list of Preferences:
1.) Soviet
2.) UK
3.) France -> USA

I'm sorry about the mod, but a lot of other things have come up so I haven't really gotten to work any more on the mod Sad
We can use it as is, but I recommend balance testing it more since we made many many more changes this time. Id like at least one more week for testing, and hope you can help me with that.
I also recommend everyone read through the v0.03 change-log under that thread.

Other houserules we talked about (recalling from memory):

* Submarines limited to 3 units per fleet/sea-zone.
* Not allowed to use AC or other fast single brigades to rush ahead and capture land.
* Should we limit fleets / Airstacks to certain sizes?
Marine
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:04:41 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I have put 22 May as a new start date now.

Quote:
* Submarines limited to 3 units per fleet/sea-zone.

This sounds good I think ,I shall put it up as a new rule if no one objects to it?

Quote:
* Not allowed to use AC or other fast single brigades to rush ahead and capture land.

I agree on this as well, but we should have to be exact on with kind of brigades it´s about ,so it´s clear for everyone.

Quote:
* Should we limit fleets / Airstacks to certain sizes?

Maybe there should be some kind of limit , but should it be a total limit or just for combat ships?

@Alex
Is the former mod versions also included in the changelog for 0.03 or?

/Marine

Alex_brunius
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 3:55:15 PM
 Hauptmann

Marine wrote:

@Alex
Is the former mod versions also included in the changelog for 0.03 or?

No.

But the full changelog for all versions previous should be included with the download of the latest one. I'll try to finish v0.04 and upload it ASAP, so we can start testing it.
Marine
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:14:15 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Shall we have a limit on how much licensed stuff we can buy and from who and when ?

Marine
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:21:24 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

@Alex

The mod will be finished when you want it to be Smile
bpoitier
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 7:15:49 PM
 Sergeant

My 3 countries 1: USA
2:Italy
3:Cooping with either an axis major or allied major

juv95hrn
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 11:33:22 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

"- No ahistorical Non Axis DoWs before 1940"

I think USSR can get USA very quickly to war laws or into the war by many DOWs in january 1940 with this rule. I think the MP consensus these days are no non-historical DOWs before major war.

I can play about any major but I'd prefer to not play UK again. USA is also a bummer since they enter so late.

Regarding licenses 1 plane, 1 ship and 2 brigades at the same time was one rule used in some campaign. I can't remember which one but I think it is good to limit it or ban it.
Chimaera72
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:22:41 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

Hej hopp! In... just in the nick of time as the game kicks off tomorrow as I understand :-).

I've been invited by Marine and have lots of experience with HoI since the first version of it hit the market years ago, but i've never played the multiplayer part of it, so I would like to start by playing a minor country/coop role.

Hälsningar,
Mikael S. aka Chimaera72 :-)
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:25:53 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

You are welcome Chimaera72 Smile

You have joined a nice pack of players Sergeant

Stay tuned on any news on the mod and other things .

/Marine
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:27:52 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

@all
Witch minors do you think are best to play for the allied and axis side, now that we will have some newcomers ?

Marine
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:00:45 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe we should have a chat on TS tomorrow at around 20.00 and talk about the mod and house rules?

Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:11:00 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
Maybe we should have a chat on TS tomorrow at around 20.00 and talk about the mod and house rules?

I will be there.
Redcoat
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 12:12:42 AM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

Welcome Chimera! Glad to see you here!

I Will be busy at work tomorrow night. Dinner with colleauges. i Will adept to any rules. I like the limitations on naval forces. But does this mean you Can only have One naval taskforce in combat? It should only apply to warships and not transports.

My country preferences are as follow:
Not a major since I might be away sometimes. coop is alright. if independent i would gladley play, Italy, Japan, Australia or even Canada. I Will adept to the needs of the group.

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
juv95hrn
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 2:08:42 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Marine wrote:
@all
Witch minors do you think are best to play for the allied and axis side, now that we will have some newcomers ?

Hungary, Canada, Romania, Australia are probably the best ones. With the original crew of 7 and 2 new players we can have 3 minors (or co-ops) being played.

We really had no problems with stack sizes at all (except for submarines) last game so I don't know if it is neccessary but a limit of fx. ~30 ships (excluding transports)per sea zone might be best so as to not run into any game breakers in the future.
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:58:22 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
I will be there

I will also be there Smile
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:03:19 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

This is a list of the countries that I would like to play :
1. Japan.
2. Italy.
3. United Kingdom (if no USA from start den I can play France from the start and then USA).

/Marine
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:56:26 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I have now edited the the info in the beginning of this thread with some new rules and who plays what so far.

Edited:
I will update the first side with some more info.

/Marine
Redcoat
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:25:09 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

I have a wild suggestion. Let Us start with custom game. House rules are, no changes in policy or research. But in build you are only allowed to redeploy, disband HQs and build what you Can. As a player you Can redpose your forces at Will without needing transporting them and you Can reorganise your divs. This should speed up the first months. I Do nöt know if tgos affects anything else though.

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
juv95hrn
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:07:34 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Redcoat wrote:
I have a wild suggestion. Let Us start with custom game. House rules are, no changes in policy or research. But in build you are only allowed to redeploy, disband HQs and build what you Can. As a player you Can redpose your forces at Will without needing transporting them and you Can reorganise your divs. This should speed up the first months. I Do nöt know if tgos affects anything else though.

I don't understand at all what you mean I'm afraid but I don't like that you can't change stuff.
Marine
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:19:56 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

@Juv96hrn and Praetori.

Tell me when you have decided on who will play what or if you will coop on Germany.
Redcoat told me today that he could play Italy.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:27:41 PM
 Hauptmann

Redcoat wrote:

We could play a single week "without limits" in custom game mode just to get a feel for the mod and all the changes for example a 1941 start.

But I don't think it's a good idea for the main game for a number of reasons we don't have to go deeper into.

The first years taking time isn't a problem anyways, in the last game I'm sure we advanced several years per week we played during peacetime and on average more like 2-3 months per week at war.