Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

TFH Campaign 3 Options · View
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:11:56 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Here is a new thread on the next Campaign

We will start again at 10th September ca 19.30.

The available countries:

Axis:

Germany: Bpoitier
Italy: Lollo
Japan: Praetori

Reserve/Minor/Coop1: Manchuria: Praetori
Reserve/Minor/Coop2: National Spain: Redcoat

Allies:

USA: Alex
UK: Marine
Soviet: Juv95hrn
France(when it falls you will become USA): ?
China(when it falls you will become USA): ?

Reserve/Minor/Coop1: Australia: Chimaera72
Reserve/Minor/Coop2: Canada: Chimaera72

Player so far:
Juv95hrn
Praetori
Marine
Redcoat
Bpoitier
Lollo
Alex
Chimaera72

Communications:
We use TS3 Server and this is mandatory for organization of the game. Address: eve.dontexist.com, if you don't know about password ask Alex or Praetori for it in a PM.

Server Host:
Praetori or Juv95hrn

House rules suggestion:

Intelligence:

This is allowed with spies(intelligence actions ) before war starts in Europe: Military espionage, Counter espionage, Tech espionage. Covert operations(Only collecting points), Support own party allowed versus AI (for example Germany supporting own party in Austria).
After war starts with that country that you want to spy on, all the rest is allowed.
Coups are not allowed on human players. at any time

Diplomacy:

- Guarantee of Independence (GoI) only allowed in special cases.
- Soviet may put GoI on Finland, Romania, Persia and Turkey and the Baltic states.
- Germany may put GoI on Sweden, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey.
- UK and France may put GoI on Spain, Portugal, Greece and Turkey.
- You may NOT attack a nation which Independence you Guarantee unless it joins a faction or alliance your at war with.

Trade and embargo:

- Allies, Soviet and USA must trade away surplus resources to Axis requesting it, as long as they have more then +20 energy/ +10 metal / +5 rares. (They can cancel trades if they go negative).
- Allies and USA can embargo Japan after Japan seize Indochina, but this may force Japan to attack sooner and secure it's resources and oil! (Soviet may not embargo Japan).

US war entry:

- If the year is 1942.
- If Japan is at war with a SOV, UK or a European nation.
- If Germany captures a mainland UK port.

Soviet war entry:

- If the year is 1942.

Italian war entry:

- If Paris has fallen.
- If it's 1940 or later.

Other Declaration of Wars:

- No ahistorical Axis DoWs before Danzig.
- No ahistorical Non Axis DoWs before 1940.
- Danzig may be selected earliest in January 1939.

Exploits:

- No exploits for example dropping paratroopers on enemy retreat destinations, or forcing evacuating amphibious assaults to retreat inland.
- No rushing with ACs and HQs to take enemy territories on purpose. It´s okay if you have a combat brigade with the HQ or AC unit.

Other House rules:

- No more than 15 Capital ships(CV,CVL,BC and BB) are allowed in the same sea-zone.
- No more than 2 Aircraft squadrons per Airbase level.
- Submarine flotillas limited to 3 units per fleet/sea-zone.
- Having the wars in China and Ethiopia is okay since they where on almost the entire war. This can also be okay with some other countries to i think. Just ask about it first.
- Suggestion of a new House rule from Alex: Since Alex changed Strategic redeployment speed to 30km/h, we should limit it somewhat so it's clear your not allowed to exploit it in offensives. The suggestion is then to limit it to only be allowed to end in a Port,Urban or in a VP Province( they should assemble logical railroad hubs).
This is more realistic I think, because there where not railroads everywhere in WWII.
Strategic Railroad Redeployment is not intended to rush infantry reinforcements back and forth a few provinces along the front or through a hole in the enemy lines!

Rules applied by our Mod:

- Reserves allowed for everything (changed conscription laws to give a maximum of 25% IC discount).
- Lowered fort penalty from 9% to 7% per level.
- Lowered radar effect to half (225km max range instead of 450km).
- Limited paratrooper to a maximum of 20 brigades.
- Balance changes to submarines and carriers.
- For more on the Mod read the change log.

seseo
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:19:16 PM
 Private 1st Class
One Year Membership Medal

1. Italy
2. Japan
3. Soviet
juv95hrn
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:22:12 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

I played UK and Germany in our last campaigns.

I will play what is needed but I think I would prefer one of the following:

1. USSR
2. Japan
3. USA

I could go UK again if no one wants it.

Rules

New

I am all in favour of a house rule that limits basing limit of human controlled air units to x2 level of the air base.

A decision to transfer Soviet leadership would be most useful as well.

I can forego an increase in Soviet LS per year as the war progresses but I would recommend it if I don't end up there.

Increased US manpower throught edits could be added if the Axis lands in Britain perhaps?

Changes

As usual I am against limiting an Italian war entry. If Italy wants to fight both the French and UK navies early let them do it. I suggest we remove this rule.

Maybe strat moving to vp, port and vps is too hard to remember and check in the heat of the moment. Maybe only allow strat move if the distance is +10 provinces or so from the origin? Or maybe only to/from urban provinces?

And the naval stacking rule is hard to know if you are violating or not. How about maxing amount of capitals per sea zone? Death star size fleets was not a major issue in our last campaign. Not sure if we need a limit at all?

Redcoat
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:56:48 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

I played Rumania this game. Most important to me is to play a monor.

1. Australia
2. and 3. any other minor

Best regards

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:21:42 AM
 Hauptmann

juv95hrn wrote:

A decision to transfer Soviet leadership would be most useful as well.

I can forego an increase in Soviet LS per year as the war progresses but I would recommend it if I don't end up there.

I do not have the time / skills to make this decision myself for a start next week.
Perhaps Praetori or someone else can if someone is more familiar with modding provicne IDs and events/decisions?
I would be happy to include/distribute it in the mod.

juv95hrn wrote:

As usual I am against limiting an Italian war entry. If Italy wants to fight both the French and UK navies early let them do it. I suggest we remove this rule.

Just pointing out that the reason that rule is there is because otherwise Italy can attack and annex Spain, Swiss, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey somewhere during 1937-38 without having to fight neither UKs nor the French Navies...

Some of these are possible for the allies to GoI, but not if Italy DoWs unexpected. Then the allies are not allowed to attack Italy as a reaction to any of these events with our current rules.

juv95hrn wrote:

Maybe strat moving to vp, port and vps is too hard to remember and check in the heat of the moment. Maybe only allow strat move if the distance is +10 provinces or so from the origin? Or maybe only to/from urban provinces?

Are you allowed to strat redeploy directly away from/too the frontlines too as long as the distance is +10 provinces?
Can I strat redeploy infantry following my Panzers pincer 5 provinces into hostile land @ 30km/h as long as they started 5 provinces behind the original frontlines?

juv95hrn wrote:

And the naval stacking rule is hard to know if you are violating or not. How about maxing amount of capitals per sea zone? Death star size fleets was not a major issue in our last campaign. Not sure if we need a limit at all?

CV Deathstars was a bit of a problem at the pacific still right? I like limiting the amount of capitals per sea zone since the previous rule only dealt with stacking per fleet I think. (Still allowed huge number of fleets in the same seazone)
Praetori
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:25:42 PM
 Captain

I spent some time this morning scripting Soviet Leadership transfer and my idea worked out fine (only preliminary testing of the triggers and method done but everything triggered as expected and results were as intended).

Historically some 17-25 million Soviet citizens were evacuated in 41 and 42 as they were in the path of the advancing German armies. Several thousand companies, universities, scientific institutes etc were moved eastward together with a lot of the Soviet bureaucratic system, foreign embassies etc.
The already present event to evacuate factories only handles IC and doesn't touch Moscow or Leningrad so I've addressed that in the suggestion.

I've not yet finalized the events but the plan is to have 3 different events with some different options each in order to be historically plausible so please tell me what you think.
I could use some help with historical research in any case.

Please keep in mind that these are only suggestions so we can change it to whatever you feel like.
We could also make it very simple and just move all LS to Siberia in one big event that triggers after the industrial evacuation.

Event: Evacuation to Siberia
Triggers when the factories are moved east.
Has three options.
No evacuation: gives a slight NU boost but leaves everything where it is
Only evacuate the intelligentsia: moves most of the LS points in cities between Kiev to Rostov to the Baltic, excluding Leningrad and Moscow, to cities further east (picked on as much historical grounds as possible).
Evacuate everyone (and let NKVD deal with traitors unwilling to move): Moves some 90% of the LS east and also evacuates about 70% of the MP from the same cities as above (though not Leningrad or Moscow).

Leningrad is a bit special as the city (as with Stalingrad) really didn't contribute to the Soviet war effort on a research/resource/industrial scale after the siege began. Now a besieged Leningrad with its IC and MP will still contribute in HOI3.
The city province itself holds pretty limited leadership (compared to Moscow) but in reality all the important centers of research or industrial design were actually evacuated well before the arrival of German forces so it "should" at least move all the leadership.

Event: Leningrad is suffering
Triggers when Axis occupy certain provinces in the vicinity of Leningrad.
Has three options.
Fight for you homes: A pretty historical choice which keeps LS, Industry and MP in Leningrad but raises X militia divisions and adds fortifications to reflect the emergency draft and siege-works done by more than 1 million Soviet civilians that tried to defend the city.
Evacuate the important parts: Removes most Industry and LS from Leningrad along with some of it's MP (most of the deducted is moved east of the Urals).
Leave the Fascists nothing: Removes all Industry, LS and most of the MP from Leningrad (a large portion is moved east). Brings both Harbor, Airbase and INFRA down a couple of levels and. Also causes NU hit and possibly dissent? Also destroys any fortifications?

Event: The Battle for Moscow
Triggers when the Axis are approaching Moscow
Has three options.
Moscow will not fall: The historical choice. Most LS is "secretly" evacuated to Kuybyshev (Samar) and Chkalov (Orenburg) while some IC is lost (to reflect the turmoil when Moscow factories were re-tooled to produce firearms and mines for the defenses. 12 militia divisions are spawned to reflect the 100.000 strong ad-hoc force drafted by Moscow's defense council on Stalin and Zhukov's orders (in reality it also contained some 10 AT regiments and 5 armored brigades formed from the populace and shattered forces).
Fortifications are spawned inside the historical Maloiaroslavets fortification area to reflect the gargantuan forced-labor and drafted civilian effort to improve the defenses.
Evacuate the important parts, but quietly or we'll have mass panic: Evacuates most of the LS and IC to the East.
Moscow will not be a Prize: Evacuates most of the city's LS and most of its IC and some MP further east while destroying the rest and lowers the Airbases and INFRA. Gives a negative X% LS modifier for a month or two and lowers NU with X.

I've also done some thinking on how to handle the entire Soviet stockpile of resources when/if Moscow falls. It's not really realistic to have every single piece of fuel, oil etc stacked in the Kremlin so maybe something can be done to address this?
Also we can do whatever we want with events such as these. If we want to give the US extra manpower IF the Axis land in Britain we can and so forth.

EDIT: I copied the post to the MP mod thread so maybe we can take discussions there.
Chimaera72
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:59:07 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I'm thinking about multiboxing(windowed on the same machine) this round.

Either

Canada+France (Allies of course)
Not interested in USA, so if France is a fallback to USA after it falls it might be better for me to play Canada+Australia

or

Hungary+Romania (Axis allegiance)

or

Spain+Brazil (Allegiance leaning towards? Allies or Axis? suggestions?)

Any of these combinations are fine by me, what does the group wants me to play :-) ?

But it doesn't look as I will be available for a start on Wednesday next week.
Praetori
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:10:51 PM
 Captain

I can play anything or even coop a nation.
I can also multibox a larger minor or pre-war major such as China or France.

I'd prefer not to play Germany or Italy if possible.
Marine
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:28:08 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

@Chimaera72

Quote:
Canada+France (Allies of course)
Not interested in USA, so if France is a fallback to USA after it falls it might be better for me to play Canada+Australia

If someone else plays USA from start, then the French player does´nt have to play USA after France falls.
So then you can have those two and maybe pick another instead of USA when France falls.
bpoitier
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 6:47:30 PM
 Sergeant

I wouldnt mind playing any Axis, preferably Japan, and with Marine as US Big Grin
Marine
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 8:46:04 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi,

Well I have played the following before as I can remember:
UK,USA and Japan.

I can honestly say that I think that Germany and Russia is way over my skill level.

So here here is my list:
1. UK
2.Italy
3.USA

This list can of course change if needed.

I read what Chimeera72 wrote that he could not play next Wednesday, so if it is so then that means we have one more week to mod in stuff and come up with new house rules and so.
Maybe we can even decide until then what countries to play ,so people can be prepared and look up there country closer.

/Marine
Marine
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 8:47:49 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

bpoitier wrote:
I wouldnt mind playing any Axis, preferably Japan, and with Marine as US Big Grin

Why do you want to be kicked in the butt again?Sergeant
No that would be boring I think we again over the Pacific Smile

/Marine
bpoitier
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:09:32 PM
 Sergeant

I can play this coming wed, but not the next, the 26th. so I assume we ll start the game next month.
Praetori
Posted: Saturday, February 15, 2014 9:21:48 PM
 Captain

bpoitier wrote:
I can play this coming wed, but not the next, the 26th. so I assume we ll start the game next month.

Or we play a different day for startup?
Marine
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:33:41 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Or we play a different day for startup?

That sounds like a good alternative ,but which day then?

/Marine
Chimaera72
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:29:54 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Marine wrote:
That sounds like a good alternative ,but which day then?

/Marine

Re check.... wednesday this week works for me :-) . But Wednesday 26th Feb. won't work, how about Tuesday or Thursday that week instead?
bpoitier
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:34:30 PM
 Sergeant

I can play any day, no problems here. But we havent really mentioned what countries we wanna play yet.

1.germany (dunno if I am up to the task, it depends on my co-players)
2.Japan
3.UK alt. Italy
Marine
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 10:52:45 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
But we haven't really mentioned what countries we wanna play yet.

That´s correct we are missing Alex´s choices on countries.
So Alex please make a list of your countries.
Then we can start to figure out who is going to play what.

Alex_brunius
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 8:05:58 AM
 Hauptmann

USA
UK
Poland
Praetori
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 10:17:47 AM
 Captain

Then because Alex and me have always been on opposite teams I'll say:

US/FRA
or UK/multibox some commonwealth nation (though I'd much prefer to coop UK if possible).
or whichever Allied nation Alex is not playing.

I could go USSR again if Juv goes Japan or Germany if I can get a Coop seat (haven't played GER in ages).
bpoitier
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 4:28:35 PM
 Sergeant

I dont mind a coop on germany, I am for sure not the best german player, but with a coop with praetori I am sure we ll give the world a match
Marine
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014 10:09:38 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi all!

Well I have tried to get a hang on what countries people can play ,but I´m stuck.Confused
So i guess we have so solve that on Wednesday.
That means some talk before we can start and do the setup ,that can take some time ,so this first evening we will maybe not come so far in to the game.
I´m just happy to start a new game again with you all Smile

If someone has missed we play now on Wednesday(19th)

/Marine
juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:50:30 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

I'm just trying to summarize what priority preferences we have posted so far. I have posted some people in multiple positions depending on their given choices.

Germany: Bpoiter + Praetori (multibox Romania?)
Italy: Lollo
Japan: ? (Bpoiter 2nd choice)
Hungary or Spain: Redcoat

USA: Alex (Marine)?
UK: Marine (Alex?)
USSR: juv95hrn
Canada + France, (Canada + Australia?) Chimera72
Australia: (Redcoat?)

With human France in the allied team I don't mind Spain being Axis. It is one of the most powerful minors in the game. I suppose they should only be allowed to enter after the fall of France though.

Praetori and Alex again in different teams. Is that bad?

Oh and Marine. In my opinion UK is probably the most difficult major to play in the game.

Please comment and we make adjustments as we see fit.

Alex_brunius
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:14:52 PM
 Hauptmann

Are you guys really reading what Praetori wrote correctly?

Praetori wrote:
I can play anything or even coop a nation.

I'd prefer not to play Germany or Italy if possible.

juv95hrn wrote:

Praetori and Alex again in different teams. Is that bad?

Part of my reason for wanting UK/USA was because it looked like Praetori wanted to play an allied nation so we would end up on the same team like we talked about.
Another reason is because I haven't gotten an opportunity to really test out all the different stuff we modded regarding amphibious assaults hands on.
( as a separate note Id be happy to hear any feedback on that in the mod thread since there were pretty drastic changes made )

Looks like we are on the same page here:

Praetori wrote:
Then because Alex and me have always been on opposite teams I'll say:

US/FRA
or UK/multibox some commonwealth nation (though I'd much prefer to coop UK if possible).
or whichever Allied nation Alex is not playing.
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 4:56:44 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

If I played Japan again.Rolleyes

We could have this setup:
Italy-Lollo
Japan-Marine
Germany-Bpotier

USA-Alex
UK-Praetori
Australia-Redcoat
Canada/France-Chimera72
USSR-JUv95hrn

What about this,then Alex and Praetori can be on the same side.

My first choice is of course to play as UK, if possible

Quote:
Oh and Marine. In my opinion UK is probably the most difficult major to play in the game.

I would put Germany and USSR above the UK anytime,since I played UK earlier and I just loved it. So I have no problems at all to play them.

/Marine