Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

DayZ standalone Options · View
Gollevainen
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:40:04 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

OK, I bought it, and I like it. Sure its Beta and theres been some funky shit time to time but its still around 80% workable.

After series of illfated attempts I now have a backbag and some food and drinks in it, and some assorted stuff (like spraypaint, there must be some epic use for them preserved in the game as mostly what you find is spraypaint)

I'm in Solnichiy, in the northeast coast and I'm heading futher north. I need better weapons, I only have a machette, a screwdriver and a fire-extigusher(!) which all are rather poor weapons against zombies and bandits. No sight of any firearms yet...Makes me miss "Dave, give me my shit!!"

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:56:04 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I bought it too. Got a whole bunch of useful stuff, then some prick out of nowhere gunned me down.
This game is full of bandits, and I recommend not bother playing until there's some improvements in that regard, or until you've got a group lined up yourself.

Get to a fire station and get a fireaxe to use for a weapon. They're awesome, one-hit killers.
Here's how you get good loot: Join one of the unpopulated servers so you don't get killed straight away by bandits, and move up to the big military base/airstrip up north. You'll find a map if you google for it.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Gollevainen
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 8:07:30 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

Yeah thats my plan, first to go to the smaller one in northeast and then move agross the map to northwest to the big one.

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
jodokus
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 10:34:45 AM
 Generaloberst

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

dont trust anders, he is waiting there at you with some trapWink

Anders
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 11:04:55 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I'm not going to tell you where you can find man-traps and land mines.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

jodokus
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 12:02:28 PM
 Generaloberst

i don't need them cus i got a cattle and yellow helmet!

Mighty G
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 4:23:37 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

in my best mr burns voice, 'excellent'

I have 1 character on regular kitted up and 1 on harcore kitted up.

My regular one is near the NW airfield, and my hardcore one is near Cherno...... But I wont be able to play day z till Tuesday or Wednesday Cry (assuming hois on monday ofc)

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

jodokus
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 8:08:26 PM
 Generaloberst

My not soo nooblet character managed to spawn in virgin server near some construction site, and got back-backs full of goodies from his first loot...but offcourse he had to go and taste the forbidden fruit and now is having fear and loathing in Electro...
my orther strange character keeps bleeding to death in some island .... i have no idea, why i got two characters.

Anders
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 8:28:28 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

jodokus wrote:
my orther strange character keeps bleeding to death in some island .... i have no idea, why i got two characters.

Probably because you have one on Hardcore and one on Regular. Or there is some servers running unique toons.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

jodokus
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:09:10 AM
 Generaloberst

i just fucking hate this gameMad got everything, backback, two axes, watercanteen, lots of spray-paint, food, pink trousers and all...
...then i fell of from the roof and died.

synario
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:57:47 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

If it's any consolation- I am a hardened veteran of Dayz. I can tell you all that you'll get eventually get good enough at the game where you can easily survive for days (in real life) on average. You got to learn how to be stealthy= knowing when to crouch, when to go to prone, when to sprint from alleyway to alleyway in cherno, staying to the shadows.

I've had a fully-armed humvee drive right past me before because I went prone in the grass and was virtually invincible.
darkones
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:39:49 AM
 Sergeant

you guys still playing dayz these days

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
krijger9
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2015 7:19:59 PM
 Oberstleutnant
One Year Membership Medal

Any dayz players able to help me make a choice.

between dayz or rust?

Death to all -Jahrell count of jyland and severin.
Death at age 23,leaving behind 3 children.

Ancestor of the house of kreijeager.

''One day, i hope that my legacy, my name, my coat of arms and my family saying will be what holds all of the danish empire together''

Seudlekcaj