Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 1:14:37 AM
 Field Major

M&M wrote:
Infact I'd expect a greater switzerland incorporating all those nations LOL

Exactly my thoughts LOL
sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:12:04 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

M&M wrote:
Infact I'd expect a greater switzerland incorporating all those nations LOL
Or at least the attempt to do so.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2007 7:30:44 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Well, i'd rather have a smaller nation i lead to greatness this time. Argentina would actually be fun. But it is too small to make any impact. Bavaria is cool, but would make me the punching ball of the greater nations. Brazil is also nice. Yeah i think i want a south american nation. Will playtest USCA and see if it is worth the time.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:24:50 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I've made up my mind. I need a small country for a change, so I'll take either the Papal States or Switzerland.
Edit: Or Sweden.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
M&M
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:05:51 AM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I believe we all share the desire for small or not so powerful countries, so we really should try an all minors or new world game.
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:06:49 PM
 Brigadier General

In that case I think I would like to play Transvaal, assuming we play with APS3 mod so I have Dutch & African Minor as national cultures. :-)

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 6:33:39 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Hytzon wrote:
In that case I think I would like to play Transvaal, assuming we play with APS3 mod so I have Dutch & African Minor as national cultures. :-)
With those national cultures, expansion must be on your mind.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 6:26:37 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I tried out USCA out yesterday. It was VERY challenging. And it was frustrating. Once i got full citzenship, the people literally flooded my country, but at some point in time it just stops deadcold. That hurt a bit, since i badly needed population after what seemed like a dozen reunification wars. I fail to se what the AI does better in this regard: I have only once, in like 30 games, seen the country dissolute, while in all of my games, for some unknown reason (maybe i change governemnt too often after lost campaign.... Schuer ), i tend to break into pieces... Not to mention the Mexicans just love eat me up. Other than that, it's cool.

Mexico seems like a fun nation to play, will try them now.

Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 7:19:37 PM
 Brigadier General

sonofliberty wrote:
With those national cultures, expansion must be on your mind.

Problem is that Transvaal is making 0.1-0.5 a day the first many years, unless they can attrack immigrants. The only way to do that is with a pacifist party, and so expnasion must and will be limited the first many years. If Anders and Schuer picks countries in America, its going to be hard getting many immigratns but what the heck - its a challenge Big Grin

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:30:52 PM
 Field Major

I'd propose that players stay within same area. Or at least bunches of players. Like 4 in south america, 4 in central asia. But not one in europe, another in north america, other two in western asia and one in oceania. At least 3 players should share the same region imho, as absolute minimum. Otherwise we'll play just one "very expensive" singleplayer.
Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:52:32 PM
 Brigadier General

Might be a good idea Ed. Now, who wants to play Texas and Egypt? Big Grin

sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:36:02 PM
Free Man

Hytzon wrote:
Might be a good idea Ed. Now, who wants to play Texas and Egypt? Big Grin
Texas? Kidding right? I am not saying it can't be done, but you are likely to be a 1 province nation very quickly. You will probably be annexed shortly after that. I mean there is no way I will allow one of my wayward provinces to remain outside of my "protective embrace";-) Sergeant

Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 9:54:52 PM
 Brigadier General

sonofliberty wrote:
Texas? Kidding right? I am not saying it can't be done, but you are likely to be a 1 province nation very quickly. You will probably be annexed shortly after that. I mean there is no way I will allow one of my wayward provinces to remain outside of my "protective embrace";-) Sergeant

Yeah I was kidding but in that area, apart from USCA, Mexico could be a choice. I wasn't kidding about Egypt, that could be an interesting choice and stir up things in Africa.

Anders
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:46:44 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Egypt, without direct intervention from major powers, suck. Perhaps it's salvageable vs AI Ottomans, but not vs human player, who will have more money and mp.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:51:59 PM
 Brigadier General

Anders wrote:
Egypt, without direct intervention from major powers, suck. Perhaps it's salvageable vs AI Ottomans, but not vs human player, who will have more money and mp.

Well if we play a minor game, as it seems we will it could do fine maybe.. Dunno really, havent tried it.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:15:37 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Ok, played Mexico this evening. Man, this is equally frustrating, but i met more success. After civil wars, humiliating wars against US, and so on and so forth, i am with hidalgo borders in 1892 and have roughly 400 industry score. My population, due to late big time immigration is at 20 million now, starting from 7 iirc. I am not yet sure i want to play Mexico, either. It will be the eternal punching bag of the US, i think. Oh and i agree with Ederon, 2-3 people on each continent should be a must! Uruguay would be my next pick. or Paraguay. Both seem to be kinda cool, nice parties and such.

But if it's a minor game, i will be definately up for south america. Very interesting, and due to immigration also very nice later. MAybe not great powers in late game, but surely a power to be feared, at least in that very theatre.

Anders
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:00:40 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Brazil, if I can't be Switzerland then.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:07:38 AM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
Brazil, if I can't be Switzerland then.

You can be Switzerland if there is enough players on old continent. That is if we go this way of handling the game.
M&M
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:35:05 AM
 General

I wouldn't mind playing egypt if the ottomans are AI. It'll probably be nice to get another human in the region, perhaps persia ?

Otherwise I would probably go for a new world nation too, I've only played brazil though so perhaps I should start playing more nations.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 7:44:15 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

If Persia is called for, I can do that too.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 2:10:16 PM
Free Man

Sounds like an interesting possible setup.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:25:44 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I agree. Hytzon needs more company down there, though Smile

Anders
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2007 6:55:48 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

So: My preferences in loose order: Switzerland, Sweden, Brazil, Persia.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 6:41:22 PM
 Field Major

If we go for minors game (which appears to be true), I'd go either Colombia or Peru.
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2007 11:51:35 PM
Free Man

Lord Ederon wrote:
If we go for minors game (which appears to be true), I'd go either Colombia or Peru.
Both are excellent minor choices.