Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Victoria Revolutions Options · View
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:58:04 AM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

It was a pretty funny session. Loaded up as UK first time around then released Ireland and then South Africa. A year later I took over Ireland and gave myself some 40 grand which I split and gave everyone 10,000 dollars except for Mr.S who was a satellite (at the time), he later received 5,000. I spent the money on getting a 30,000 capitalist POP which was well worth it. I got rid of satellite status by raising militancy and triggering revolution, a move that would haunt me for the rest of the game.

Once the rebels took over as the unionist party with a cool blue flag I was well under way of kicking ass, with UK techs and literacy the best looking country in the world with early railroads around the whole of my country. Hell by 1843 I had iron railroads, about the same time the Dutch made their first experimental line from Amsterdam to Rotterdam, pfft, the amateurs. But that is getting ahead of my self. Somewhere between my meetings with the pope about my canonization and the expanding of my very large liquor factories, things went out the window.

When Gerard the Merciful gave my populace universal suffrage and low health care they responded by turning into a dictatorship, when I forcefully changed into a less radical party, needless to say they didn't like it at all and started to go ape shit. Hordes of farmers with pitchforks roamed the countryside eventually causing a revolution, one of many that would follow.

Trying to maintain an economy and appeasing the populace was quite annoying, somewhere along my 4th revolution; not revolt, revolution did I start to tighten the noose. As a Democracy now the Irish inexplicably hated my guts, Full education, full crime fighting, respectable social reforms, low tariffs, fair taxes and plenty of jobs to go around yet, nothing more should be said as these were Irish I was dealing with. It has been no better represented then in this “The Irish don't know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it”.

So after 4 revolutions things settled down a little, the occasional revolt was put down by our barbaric Dutch allies. You see, Great Powers, we don't fight our own people we hires to do it for us. In exchange for their services we gave them technologies such as "the wheel" and "fire". After a bloody battle the Dutch left and I spend the rest of the session putting 1 division in each of my provinces. We quit about then, when militancy started to visibly go down. Of course in my far off possession of Abu Dhabi I had no troops because unlike the Irish the Arabs who have no privileges, don't hate me.

A level 6 liquor factory (this is Ireland after all) and level 3 glass factory along with other smaller factories were the reason why I kept an industry bigger then all of Russia and found myself seated 6th in rank. In other world news, Mr.S as Serbia had such fantastic luck that the Crimean war never started by his Russian allies instead he had to DoW a satellite state and won some much needed property. His legions of clergymen seem to be working. The Dutch expanded a little near Singapore and the Italians are almost unified. Overall, a good fun session.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:33:15 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Hmm, no MM today sucks. Well, good luck mate! Anyway, i am up for a session tonight anyway, would be nice if we'd have a nice game tonight.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:21:25 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

If we have a game tonight, I will be available from around 1900-1930 CET. I have a rendezvous at 1730, originally planned a few hours earlier. So please don't be upset if I don't show up before after 1900.
And here's the save from monday's reserve game:

File Attachment(s):
MPNetherlands_1855_November_12.rar (447kb) downloaded 21 time(s).

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:08:26 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Anders wrote:
If we have a game tonight, I will be available from around 1900-1930 CET. I have a rendezvous at 1730, originally planned a few hours earlier. So please don't be upset if I don't show up before after 1900.
And here's the save from monday's reserve game:

Lol, i just read you had only 30 mins time from 1900 to 1930 yay but actually thats fine with me, i wont be there earlier than 1915 anyway.

Anders
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:08:37 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

It is of course between 1900-1930 i will most likely return.Rolleyes After that I should have the rest of the night.
I originally had a game with Hiensen at 1830, but hopefully a sub won't FUBAR. Unless it's one of the Romanians, of course...Cry

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:30:31 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Anders wrote:
It is of course between 1900-1930 i will most likely return.Rolleyes After that I should have the rest of the night.
I originally had a game with Hiensen at 1830, but hopefully a sub won't FUBAR. Unless it's one of the Romanians, of course...Cry

Romanians? Bad memories?

Stalins Elite
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:07:00 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

so is there a game today or not. our normal monday game or another??? SE.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.

Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:30:04 PM
 Brigadier General

M&M is not available today, so I guess the "real" game is tommorrow or..?

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
M&M
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:44:47 PM
 General

my course has been cancelled so I'm available today. I'll be in vicky lobby
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:53:17 PM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

Ditto, M&M and I are in the lobby, you can't all have disappeared in 30 minutes.
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:26:50 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

SE, regular game today.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:36:44 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Now where did Hytz go? Waaaah

Stalins Elite
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:52:40 PM
 Pilus prior

on my way. SE.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.