Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

HoI4 - How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War? Options · View
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:20:49 PM
 Hauptmann

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Hey Everyone ( or should I write anyone?).

So with HoI4 released a few weeks back I hope everyone who wanted to give it a spin have gotten some time to do so.
There is alot of new stuff, and alot of issues, but the biggest problems seems to be with the AI, which leads us to why we want to play Multiplayer instead! Smile

Let's have a check. Who is still reading here occasionally, is interested, and would like to try to get a game going after the summer vacations? I think it can be a good idea to start coordinating before everyone vanishes to their summer retreats so we know how many more ( preferably Swedish speaking ) we need to recruit to get a solid group.

TL: DR: I want to play HoI4, do you?
Anders
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 2:02:26 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

>> http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4241

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Marine
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 5:37:25 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi everyone,

I'm all for a multiplayer session after the summer.

I will try to contact some of my friends that where in the group before and see if they still are interested.

This will be awesome Cool

I have to learn the game the hard way Big Grin

/Marine
seseo
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:02:34 PM
 Private 1st Class
One Year Membership Medal

I want to play HoI 4 =)
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:48:20 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Good so far we are 3 persons Smile
I will have a rally this weekend Big Grin
I guess I can have 3-4 people joining, but i will soon know more.

/Marine

Anders
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 9:31:25 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I would like to play HoI4 as well.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

oddman
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:41:40 PM
 Admiral

Are Netherlands Scandinavian enough?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:47:37 AM
 Hauptmann

If we don't get enough players from our old Scandinavian/Swedish group that are interested we could go with the weekend or weekday game Anders linked instead perhaps depending on what suits people best? ( No need to split the players into several games so none of them get enough ). We probably want 5-6 players to cover all majors at least regardless of what game/group.
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:51:47 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I really don't care which thread is used for whatever game I'm involved in.
Dibs on USSR btw, assuming I can play.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

ANTONIO33
Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 6:39:26 AM
 1st Lieutenant

mm I think that Italy is not sufficiently Scandinavian ..anyway I m learning HoI 4 in case Italy exits UE and enters Scandinavian Coalition or at least The Nordic Passport UnionBig Grin

I speak few words in Swedish since I studied a little by myself time ago ...LOL
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 9:11:00 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi,

I have 3-5 people that hopefully can and will play multiplay after summer Cool

Most of them was in the old HOI3 group Smile

So maybe we should put up something soon about which countries to play and rules and so on..

/Marine
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 1:16:05 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Starting around mid August would be great.

For rules, I suggest a variant of of these: https://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1144&t=20899&p=589586#p589586

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

oddman
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2016 3:36:10 PM
 Admiral

Anders wrote:
Starting around mid August would be great.

For rules, I suggest a variant of of these: https://www.strategie-zone.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1144&t=20899&p=589586#p589586

For those who do not speak German:

Quote:
Historical rules, overall useful for historical games:
Historical Corridor:
§0 Important historical national foci will be pursued (before Danzig among others USSR/German pact, M-R pact)
§1 No war before Danzig except Sino-Japanese war, which must be started before June 1st, 1937.
§2 SOV can only wage war agains FIN and the Baltics until: a) they are attacked; b) Axis lands in the British Isles (i.e. including Ireland); c) 1942.
§3 SOV may not be attacked before 1941.
§4 Japan needs to be at war with the USA before it may a) join the Axis; b) wage war against anyone but China.
§5 USA may enter the world war if: a) Germany and/or Japan are at war with the USSR; b) 1942.
§6 USA may not wage any war until they are at war with Germany and/or Japan.

As soon as USA is in the war (or it is 1942), all rules except the A-rules are out the window. Total war.

A-rules (always applicable):
§10 Max lvl 3 forts.
§11 No couping.
§12 No influencing players and their allies except upon explicit request.
§13 No disbanding front-line divisions.
§14 No ahistorical ideology/alliance switching
§15 DoWing Turkey/Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan is not allowed before Germany and USSR are at war.

As soon as USA is in the war (or it is 1942), all rules except the A-rules are out the window. Total war.

B-rules (applicable until USA enters the war or 1942):

§20 No DoWing by democracies and unaligneds.
§21 Maximum 3 volunteers per country, in up to 3 countries at the same time. [Vague. Does this imply max 9 divisions total or 3? -Ed.]
§22 France may not build forts in cosmopolitan France except through foci.
§23 USSR may not build forts west of the Volga, except through foci.
§24 Axis and Japanese fleets should remain in their own theatre of war.
§25 No cancelling guarantees present at the start of the game (e.g. USA's guarantees of South America).
§26 Latin- and South America, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, and Ireland remain neutral.
§27 No Lend-Lease for the USSR until it is at war with Germany and/or Japan.
§28 Only USA may Lend-Lease to the USSR.

Of the nations played, the majors will be filled first. If there are more interested people, possible nations are: Romania (Axis), Hungary (Axis), Canada (Allies), India (Allies).

The France-player should be a 'jumper' [either sub or coop or both; I'm not sure what exactly they mean with 'jumper'], so after France falls he should play on in USA, UK, or USSR.

WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR TEAM PLAYERS

We are looking for at least 8 player for (switching only allowed within faction):
Germany (very good player)
Italy
Japan
Romania OR a 'jumper'

USSR (very good player)
USA
UK (very good player)
France ('jumper' after France falls)

And yeah, that looks like a good basis.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell
Praetori
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2016 11:56:05 AM
 Captain

I'm game. Wednesdays would be preferable but anytime will do.
Have some good new machines for hosting as well (still on gigabit duplex connection) if no one else is already hosting.

I could play any nation (though I haven't played all the majors yet so I'm not that versed with the usual suspects). I could also imagine co-opting with someone else if we get a lot of players.
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2016 7:28:40 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Wednesday's should work for me to i hope.
No we don´t have anyone hosting yet.
We have to have a Teamspeak or Mumble server to communicate with ?

Marine
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 9:30:53 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Suggestions for House rules in the group!

Game speed 4 if no players are at war or maybe 3.
Players at war may request down to speed 2 or 1 if needed.
Players are not to load into the saved game between or during sessions unless they are loading onto a nation in their faction at the time of the save.

Any mods that do not change checksum are allowed (graphics/sound/Interface mods).
Historical AI Focuses should be used.
Historical major event and focus choices until Danzig or War. This includes doing the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact.

German war entry:

Germany’s first wars must be Focused-driven ones(Poland/Netherlands/Scandinavia and so).
Germany may not declare war upon a minor nation except those triggered by NF until they are at war with a major.

US war entry:

USA can join the war through Focus if the year is 1942 or if DoWed upon.
USA may not wage any war until they are at war with Germany and/or Japan.
If Japan is at war with SOV , UK or a European nation.
If Germany captures a mainland UK port.
USA cannot join a faction until 1 year after WT hits 100%.

Soviet war entry:

No Russo-German war before June 1941
SOV can only wage war against FIN and the Baltics until: a) they are attacked; b) Axis lands in the British Isles (i.e. including Ireland); c) or if the year is 1942.

Italian war entry:

If Paris has fallen.
If it's June 1940 or later.

UK war entry:

If the UK or it´s allies are attacked they will enter the war.

Japan war entry:

They will follow there focuses on China and others that exists. After China falls or if the Netherlands falls in Europe they may start war goals against the UK , NED or USA.

Diplomacy:

No cancelling guarantees present at the start of the game (e.g. USA's guarantees of South America).
Latin- and South America, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, and Ireland remain neutral.
Germany cannot choose the "Alliance with USSR" focus
Support own party allowed versus AI (for example Germany supporting own party in Austria).
No boosting party popularity in other countries. Exceptions to this: Communist China can boost Communism in China
Coups are not allowed on human players. at any time
No player controlled nations may be converted away from their faction’s ideology by its controller or outside forces. AI controlled nations are open to be flipped, however.
Guarantee of Independence (GoI) only allowed in special cases.
Soviet may put GoI on Finland, Romania, Persia and Turkey and the Baltic states.
Germany may put GoI on Sweden, Romania, Hungary, Bulgaria and Turkey.
UK and France may put GoI on Spain, Portugal, Greece and Turkey.
You may NOT attack a nation that you have a Guarantee of Independence (GoI) with unless it joins a faction or alliance your at war with.
Allies and USA can embargo Japan after Japan seizes Indochina, but this may force Japan to attack sooner and secure it's resources and oil! (Soviet may not embargo Japan).
Only Communist China and Japan may boost party popularity in Nationalist China.

Declaration of Wars:

DoWNing Turkey/Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan is not allowed before Germany and USSR are at war.
WW2 begins in summer/autumn 1939
No wars before july 1938 to avoid messing up world tension, unless historical(japan/china)
No ahistorical Axis DoWs before Danzig.
Danzig may be selected earliest in January 1939.
No early war (before Danzig or War) excluding Japanese or Chinese DoWs on the Chinese states (incl. Tibet).
No ahistorical Non Axis DoWs before 1940.
Japan needs to be at war with the USA before it may a) join the Axis; b) wage war against anyone but China.

Mixed rules:

Axis and Japanese fleets should remain in their own theatre of war.
No Lend-Lease for the USSR until it is at war with Germany and/or Japan.
Only USA and UK may Lend-Lease to the USSR.
No exploits for example dropping paratroopers on enemy retreat destinations, or forcing evacuating amphibious assaults to retreat inland.
UK is the only player who can provide lend-lease to British Raj.
Having the wars in China and Ethiopia going on is okay since they where on almost the entire war. This can also be okay with some other countries to i think. Just ask about it first.
Germany must cede Eastern Poland to the USSR.
Only GER, ITA, POR, MEX and SOV can send volunteers and Lend-Lease to the Spanish Civil War (SCW).
No sending volunteers to other pre-WW2 conflicts than the SCW
No Russian volunteers to the Allies.
No deleting encircled/almost encircled divisions.
No exploits of any kind. If in doubt, ask the the other players first.
No template-switching. You can basically exploit the hell out of it by sending minimal-cheap brigade-size divisions by sea or by air and then switch templates upon arrival turning them into heavy-tank-monster-divisions in no-time.
How about a max of 4 x BB/BC/SHBB, 10 x CA/CL and 20 x DD/SS per fleet and patrolling the same area or 40 ships total? CV´s is not included since the they already have a penalty when more than 4.
Numbers of planes in a port strike maybe has to be limited per zone.
This is taken from our old HOI3 House rules and from some other places.
So what do you think about this suggestions?
Be free and come up with new ones…

Edited 13/8
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 9:32:23 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I have also been asked about what mods other than those that does not change the Checksum should we use

What do you think?
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 9:40:22 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

What about the old play time 19.30(20.00) to around 23.30(00.00) and Wednesdays.
Also what about 24 or 31 August as starting days.
The first day I guess will have a lot of talks in the beginning about rules and what to play and get then get started.

Until that we should have communications setup...

People should maybe also start to think a little about what country to play.
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2016 10:59:54 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I'm game Uzi
oddman
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2016 12:13:25 AM
 Admiral

Wednesday evenings don't work for me. Sad!

-Bertrand Russell
Anders
Posted: Thursday, August 04, 2016 2:52:03 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Wednesdays work for me, though not until, paradoxically, I start work intwo weeks
' time.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 3:51:37 AM
 Hauptmann

Sounds good for me. I can play Wednesdays and rules look good.

I'd prefer to play as a Major.
Marine
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 11:44:43 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I guess we will wait for the next patch first before we start. It will have hot join according to Podcat in the newest Dev Diary. They will also adress some AI problems.
So I think we should start when it's out.
Marine
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2016 10:17:54 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I will edit the House rules a little and then update them.

I´m also think about posting a new thread before we start that is clean and have all the necessary info.
Praetori
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 3:54:26 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
Wednesday's should work for me to i hope.
No we don´t have anyone hosting yet.
We have to have a Teamspeak or Mumble server to communicate with ?

We'll have to explore the hotjoin feature a bit more. If it allows for password-protection and/or server-side time-control I could setup a dedicated machine so people can log in an fiddle with the details of the nations when they want.

I have both a mumble-server and teamspeak running at eve.dontexist.com as usual. Mumble is preferred though as there's no limitations as opposed to the TS one.