Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1st HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
Marine
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 5:02:31 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Praetori wrote:
Ok. We made decent headway this Wednesday reaching spring 1939.
Next scheduled game is Sept 7 at 19:30 CET.

I have updated the first page at the top with next date now Smile

Yes it was a great start, but hopefully not to many mistakes was made.
Next time there will be full war.

During this session ,we have to flesh out the rules until next session ,so that everything is clear.

We also have to see too it that the right people have access to the right sub-forums...
So if the admins for those could put the the right people where they belong it would be nice.

Finally I can say that MP is a big difference from SP ,but very fun Big Grin
Praetori
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 2:01:20 PM
 Captain

Patch update is that Sunflower Open Beta (with naval fixes being the most prominent) will be released during next week.
IMO even if the Beta should be released prior to Wednesday (which is a possibility) I'd say we skip using it until there's a official release (which would probably not be actual for our Wednesday-game until Sept 14th earliest, reasonably Sept 21st) and/or until Italy is once again has a fascist government. This has mostly to do with possible leftover beta-bugs but also all the new scripts for NGs which could shaft communist Italy (and the axis) pretty severely given that some triggers might be blocked despite prerequisites being met elsewhere (which could lead to some weird behavior).
Marine
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2016 3:02:07 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Praetori wrote:
Patch update is that Sunflower Open Beta (with naval fixes being the most prominent) will be released during next week.
IMO even if the Beta should be released prior to Wednesday (which is a possibility) I'd say we skip using it until there's a official release (which would probably not be actual for our Wednesday-game until Sept 14th earliest, reasonably Sept 21st) and/or until Italy is once again has a fascist government. This has mostly to do with possible leftover beta-bugs but also all the new scripts for NGs which could shaft communist Italy (and the axis) pretty severely given that some triggers might be blocked despite prerequisites being met elsewhere (which could lead to some weird behavior).

I agree with you that we wait until the official Sunflower is released and we can also see where we are in the game. Until then we also have to simplify the House Rules. The most important ones are when you are allowed to declare war and so.
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 4:27:32 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

When are we starting tonight?

Also, SWEDEN NO!

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 4:49:10 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Anders wrote:
When are we starting tonight?

Also, SWEDEN NO!

We start at CET 19.30 ,that´s Swedish time Smile
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 4:51:42 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Do we have Spain and Australia onboard tonight as well?
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2016 5:12:41 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Chimaera72 wrote:
Do we have Spain and Australia onboard tonight as well?

Spain I don't know, but Australia said he would play earlier when I talked with him.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:15:16 PM
 Hauptmann

We are going to need a replacement for Seseo to take over Italy. She is not well at all and probably won't be able to play for a few weeks or the rest of the camping at all.
Marine
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:25:48 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Alex_brunius wrote:
We are going to need a replacement for Seseo to take over Italy. She is not well at all and probably won't be able to play for a few weeks or the rest of the camping at all.

That is sad to hear, i hope she will recover as fast as she can.

I know that Praetori talked about changing country from France to something else ,they are dying anyway Cry He has to change side, but maybe that does not matter since we don't play so serious yet.

So let's see what he has to say about it.
I don't know who else can do it.
Praetori
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:05:46 PM
 Captain

I could step in as Italy no problem. I was also thinking about JAS. He wrote earlier that he was willing to substitute.
Anders
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:21:07 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I have serious misgivings about alliance-hopping in games like this.
He could play Canada instead, it's a fairly decent country, even run by the AI until now.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Marine
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 5:01:20 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

The problem is that we have no player for Italy now on wednesday, so we need someone to play them.

The guy playing Australia said that since he was not play from start as them and that he has not so many forces ,that he could maybe jump in as Italy.

So we have to make some hard decisions on policies maybe.

I have one more guy ,that could maybe play Italy ,but he can't play so long time.
Marine
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 5:02:08 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Praetori wrote:
I could step in as Italy no problem. I was also thinking about JAS. He wrote earlier that he was willing to substitute.

Good ,then we have some options...
Alex_brunius
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 5:45:01 PM
 Hauptmann

Anders wrote:
He could play Canada instead, it's a fairly decent country, even run by the AI until now.

Ofcourse, this is only still our not so serious "test game", to familiarize with the game and nail down some rules we want.

For the next game we will need to make sure there is enough players on both sides to have substitutes ofcourse, but I have no problems making an exception this time.
Redcoat
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 11:29:28 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

Aussie here, if needed I can swith side. However that is switching from allied to axis, the list of option seems to be short though. I am up for either country.

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
Praetori
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:53:48 AM
 Captain

Anders wrote:

Valid concerns. But truth to be told there's not much Allied intel or strategies that's been discussed so far (at least from what I can remember).
The only gripe would be that I do have knowledge on the French/British forces composition and numbers, especially in North Africa that I might have trouble disregarding subconsciously if playing as Italy (even though I always play "fair" to as much as an extent as possible).

I could step in anywhere needed in any case and if I play Italy I'll try my best to not utilize any information (and/or regard it with neutral eyes) that I might have gotten from playing France and in any case not pass anything along to the rest of the Axis.

Another thing that we need to discuss is whether to utilize the Beta Patch or not. There are som considerable fixes in the patch that's truly great both in terms of bug-fixes and balance. Now that the Italian Communism problem is gone there are no such obstacles preventing the Sunflower patch to be used (there could be others though).
Alex_brunius
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 2:09:23 PM
 Hauptmann

I think Podcat adviced strongly against continueing even single player games in the beta patch and with changes to MP stuff like hotjoining and auto re-sync being implemented I can imagine all sorts of hairy issues, so my vote is we finish this game in 1.1 if possible.
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 4:58:26 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I'm gonna have a lie-down. Just call me on skype if I'm not on by 1930.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

juv95hrn
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:15:18 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

Jag glömde tyvärr att plocka bort träning på en armé i fronten så Tyskland kunde bara promenera igenom min linje norr om Kiev och då föll allt ihop som ett korthus. Sorry för det.

I övrigt höll linjen lite grann och det hade nog kunnat bli ett ok krig eventuellt.

Förr övrigt tycker jag det är sjukt grötigt att spela +350 divisions även på speed 1.

Jag får köra ett mindre land nästa gång.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 9:31:00 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

juv95hrn wrote:
Jag glömde tyvärr att plocka bort träning på en armé i fronten så Tyskland kunde bara promenera igenom min linje norr om Kiev och då föll allt ihop som ett korthus. Sorry för det.

I övrigt höll linjen lite grann och det hade nog kunnat bli ett ok krig eventuellt.

Förr övrigt tycker jag det är sjukt grötigt att spela +350 divisions även på speed 1.

Jag får köra ett mindre land nästa gång.

Use the "fallback-line" to set up a defensive line behind the rivers. That way the AI will actally distribute troops to where the enemy appear strongest. 3-4 large fronts is all you should need.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 10:03:42 AM
 Hauptmann

Anders wrote:
Use the "fallback-line" to set up a defensive line behind the rivers. That way the AI will actally distribute troops to where the enemy appear strongest. 3-4 large fronts is all you should need.

Troop distribution or amount was not a problem at all with the defense. There was 6-12 Soviet divisions guarding each and every province along the front, behind the rivers.

The issue was with training lowering org to 20% of max, meaning the defenses could be overcome easily in some places.

In the long run I don't think it would have mattered much, maybe prolonged the war by a few months. I guess you saw in North Africa what 2 German Panzer divisions can do, so imagine dealing with roughly 10 times that amount in Soviet.

Edit: It seems we are lucky we didn't go with the 1.2 BETA btw. Quite serious things like both rivercrossing penalties and naval ranges seems to have broken totally.
Anders
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 3:23:25 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Official patch is out. Let's restart.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 9:04:29 PM
 Hauptmann

Anders wrote:
Official patch is out. Let's restart.

Does everyone want to restart?

I guess you and Juv naturally wants it, but I'm curious if someone has strong feelings against?

For me it doesn't matter much either way.

And should we play same nations if we do restart? If so Italy is open and Juv wrote that he doesn't want to play Soviet again, so we have two major slots to fill.
Anders
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 9:38:18 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I could play Soviets, but USA better listen to advice, or the allies are fucked from the getgo.
Whoever played Australia and RAJ could swap to Italy and USA.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Marine
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:50:33 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

For me it does not matter if we start over on Sunflower-patch 1.2.
If so we have do decide if we will have new countries.
What rules we are going to to use also has to be decided.
So next start we have to talk about rules before start.

Quote:
I could play Soviets, but USA better listen to advice, or the allies are fucked from the getgo

I also want too say that no one has the power to decide how another player should play his or her country.
Everybody is doing their best and we are all learning on the way. So keep the fair gaming feeling.