United Kingdom: Marine
British Raj: Chimaera72
USA: Anders

Updated 04/11
Marine
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:33:32 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

When we played yesterday(Wednesday) we talked about playing now on Monday instead of next Wednesday because some people could not play then.

So now i ask you if you can play on Monday(26 september), so please report here if you can?

I can play now on Monday Smile
Anders
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:32:07 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I recon I can play on Monday.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 1:40:19 PM
 Hauptmann

I can also play Monday 26:th, if someone can't play please let us know!
bpoitier
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:02:06 PM
 Sergeant

I can
Marine
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:15:20 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi,

So far I have confirmation from 7/8 that they can play now on Monday 26 September.

We are still waiting for answer from Juv95hrn.
Praetori
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2016 4:05:38 PM
 Captain

I can play
Anders
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 4:54:24 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

So, I'm assuming we're playing tonight.
If I'm not in TS by 1930, call me up on Skype, I'll wake up from that, I think.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

juv95hrn
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 6:38:00 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

jag kan ikväll.
Chimaera72
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2016 7:29:47 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Great that means everybody is able to play, see you guys in 5mins....
Alex_brunius
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:22:20 PM
 Hauptmann

Can you feel the "Glorious" wings of history Rolleyes

Marine
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 7:02:48 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hm, the Royal navy is stronger than ever and for the record it is only a scratch on the paint on Glorious 😀😀😀

You can run ,but you will not be safe (I hope Big Grin )

Marine attached the following image(s):
hoi4_5.png

Praetori
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 3:14:27 PM
 Captain

Well the Gneisenau did sink the Glorious historically but I can't remember the Royal Navy losing another 4 battleships, 17 cruisers and 47 destroyers in the process.
With all those aircraft and destroyers it makes one wonder what kept the German BBs afloat, especially the old slow ones.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 1:01:11 AM
 Hauptmann

Praetori wrote:
Well the Gneisenau did sink the Glorious historically but I can't remember the Royal Navy losing another 4 battleships, 17 cruisers and 47 destroyers in the process.
With all those aircraft and destroyers it makes one wonder what kept the German BBs afloat, especially the old slow ones.

Might have been the fierce airbattles fought simultaneously over the Channel. Many brave Stuka-pilots died to bring you these bombs!

Other interesting things:

German naval AA shot down 21 British Planes during the battle
"Only a Scratch on the paint" must be the Carrier HMS Eagle that got away with 1%!!!! strength left... Cry

Why do Naval combat always have to be so dramatic!
Anders
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 2:22:39 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I just found out I probably won't make it on time on Monday, unless someting takes less time than what I assume it will. So I likely won't be home until half past nine. And if I'll make it on time, I won't know that before five o'clock.
I can play on every other day except Thursday and Friday though, including this weekend.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Praetori
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 9:12:21 AM
 Captain

Alex_brunius wrote:
Might have been the fierce airbattles fought simultaneously over the Channel. Many brave Stuka-pilots died to bring you these bombs!

[
That looks like a completely normal month of training in the Soviet airforce so I don't fully understand the fuss. Clearly you put far too much consideration to your pilots, imagine all the hard labor on the factory floor to manufacture all those planes and for what? A few of the imperialists old ships? Haven't the Soviet German pact taught you anything? Wink

Other interesting things:
Alex_brunius wrote:

German naval AA shot down 21 British Planes during the battle
"Only a Scratch on the paint" must be the Carrier HMS Eagle that got away with 1%!!!! strength left... Cry

Why do Naval combat always have to be so dramatic!

I would imagine the aircraft losses vs ships would be much more severe (or at least I hope) with 1944 techs or the battle for the Pacific is going to be VERY expensive in ships but not as much in aircraft. After all it was a considerable mass of ship-borne AAA involved in that battle.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 2:44:34 PM
 Hauptmann

Anders wrote:
I just found out I probably won't make it on time on Monday, unless someting takes less time than what I assume it will. So I likely won't be home until half past nine. And if I'll make it on time, I won't know that before five o'clock.
I can play on every other day except Thursday and Friday though, including this weekend.

I'm available all dates next week except Tuesday and Saturday. With Wednesday and Monday not being options that leaves only Sunday when we both can play...
( Unless you can make it home more on time on Monday ).

Praetori wrote:
I would imagine the aircraft losses vs ships would be much more severe (or at least I hope) with 1944 techs or the battle for the Pacific is going to be VERY expensive in ships but not as much in aircraft. After all it was a considerable mass of ship-borne AAA involved in that battle.

AA losses from Strategic bombing can be higher though ( and they are more expensive ), and not sure about division AA.

Most airplane losses comes from air-air kills contesting the skies, and that is very historical actually + applies to the Pacific too. ship-borne AAA only got effective at shooting down larger numbers of planes near the end of the war due to Kamikazes and Radar historically.

But your right that Naval battles might be a bit too decisive now, and in the Pacific with Carriers on both sides air-losses will be much higher inside naval battles as well ( but not due to AA ).

Praetori
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 3:16:19 PM
 Captain

Alex_brunius wrote:
I'm available all dates next week except Tuesday and Saturday. With Wednesday and Monday not being options that leaves only Sunday when we both can play...
( Unless you can make it home more on time on Monday ).

I can play this Sunday but probably not on Monday through Saturday next week as it looks now.
Anders
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 3:55:13 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Praetori wrote:
I can play this Sunday but probably not on Monday through Saturday next week as it looks now.

I have no problem playing this Friday (today), Saturday, and/or Sunday. It's only Monday, Thursday and Friday I'll be otherwise occupied. I have as of yet no plans for Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 6:02:48 PM
 Hauptmann

This Sunday (2:nd Oct) works for me.
Chimaera72
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 7:48:39 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I think I might be able to play on sunday, guess it wont be so popular with the family though as I've been away since wednesday until sunday afternoon 😑, but if that is the only day that works I guess I'll try to squeeze it in.
Anders
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2016 8:57:51 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Chimaera72 wrote:
family

You need to get your priorities straight, buddy.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

enzo
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 10:23:50 AM
 Private

Hi Chaps,
good to see you're still playing Smile
in my mp group (french players) we begin our second mp game, and we're looking to improve our house rules set.
have you updated your house rules based on experience on your first mp game ?
our main concern is around USA war entry : what would be authorise to the USA if for instance Gibraltar and Suez fall in let say October 40 ? also do you let GER attack earlier in the West (HOL, BEL and FRA) ?

cheers,
Enzo
Anders
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 11:28:58 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

enzo wrote:
in my mp group (french players) we begin our second mp game, and we're looking to improve our house rules set.
our main concern is around USA war entry : what would be authorise to the USA if for instance Gibraltar and Suez fall in let say October 40 ?

I would prefer if there was a little more leeway to shorten or lengthen the time for US war entry, as we had in the old Monday and Saturday games:
Quote:
Any unhistorical DOW's or alliances with countries such as Spain, Sweden, Turkey, Switzerland, Brazil and Tibet, will result in the base USA and USSR war entry dates being pushed forward or back 6 months respectively,
i.e: A Japanese attack on Tibet will push USA and USSR war entry forward 6 months to July 1st 1941.
An Allied alliance with Brazil will push the USA and USSR war entry back 6 months to July 1st 1942.
The Soviets going beyond its Focus war goals vs Finland will push the USA and USSR war entry back 6 months to July 1st 1942.
This was of course a lot more efficient in HoI2, where there wasn't a chain of Focii to go through, but then again, even in January 1942, the US' primary strength will always be its navy and airforce.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Alex_brunius
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2016 2:00:50 PM
 Hauptmann

enzo wrote:

our main concern is around USA war entry : what would be authorise to the USA if for instance Gibraltar and Suez fall in let say October 40 ? also do you let GER attack earlier in the West (HOL, BEL and FRA) ?

Hey. The first MP game concluded ( due to new patch ) very soon after USA joined (due to Japan attacking), so we didn't see much of how big the effect is once US do join. USA only had time to sink alot of Japanese ships and have the divisions reach the front in Africa and China before game ended.

I don't think it would be historical to have USA care that much if UK lost some of it's colonial holdings or foreign bases like Gibraltar and Suez. So our rules at the moment state that USA can only join when Japan joins in war with a Major ( to prevent 3 vs 1 Axis ganging up on either Soviet or UK ).

Since US is allowed to send Lend Lease right away though they can help out the way they did historically, even way before joining the war themself. I'm not sure how much USA has used this opportunity during our first game though.

We do allow Germany to attack west as soon as Danzig is completed ( which is allowed Earliest March 1939 due to the 70 days the NF takes ), but normally it's in Germany's interest to secure Poland first and prepare an attack west which adds ~1-2 months more minimum.