Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

2nd HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
Praetori
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 11:36:12 PM
 Captain
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

It's been a blast so far playing the USSR but I must say I'm a bit surprised by the tempo this match compared to others (coop would be great for the USSR IMO). The game really has a lot less mechanics for automating defense (or helping to manage it) than the offensive (at least the battle-plans help you not forgetting to move units forward).
The slow slugging that was 1941-42 was reversed by some lightning Axis breakthroughs last game which, truth to be told took me with some surprise both in the Med, Levant and Eastern Front.

I'm still a bit bugged by the abysmal retreat speeds resultant of PDS's understanding of operational mobility (much owed to air superiority) and I have to admit that failure from my part to pause the game when going afk for even a minute or three has resulted in some serious casualties on the Soviet side that could have been avoided.
That said the last winter and spring was intense and the Axis has shown this is far from over. On the contrary the lightning push through Turkey along with the new German armoured formations in Belarus and Luftwaffe superiority has turned the table this year.

Looking forward to the next session.
Optimerad
Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2016 9:10:52 PM
 Stabsgefreiter

This being my first real MP session,(I've done some random mp online but with no house rules or fixed alliances) I would say I learned tonnes of new stuff: especially when it comes to combat width and how to optimize tech adv. in making divisions, and the importance of controlling supply / working around the supply issues.

That being said: handling 10 British tank divisions running around have not been easy (especially after the tiger tanks left the african scene). It took some micro to be able to keep up. I encountered some pretty beefy US divisions as well. Took me loads of supply and manpower to push through. Luckily for me, my supplies have held up decently so far.

What really worries me though it feels like neither USSR nor Britain have come close to the brink yet. The few divisions from the US causing havoc in Africa tells me more trouble is on the way.

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein" - F.Nietzsche
Marine
Posted: Friday, November 04, 2016 6:55:35 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

This Campaign has ended!!!