Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

3rd HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
Anders
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 4:11:18 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Chimaera72 wrote:
Yes, I would actually say that both Spain(as Axis), and Brit Raj, are both borderline majors. They are stronger than any other minors but not as strong as the majors...

Filling up the slots for Brit.Raj and Spain as well for Romania would be great.

Spain is quite straightforward playing a supporting role for the Axis side, so maybe Juv95hrn would be interested in that, or perhaps Romania...

Raj is by no means a major. It is completely dependent on imports from the UK, which in turn has less factories to produce aeroplanes and battleships. In fact, going by the rules of this game, and how the last game turned out, stacking most of the Commonwealth countries with player seems pretty fairly balanced.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Chimaera72
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 6:07:41 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Thats why I said 'borderline', play the focus right and research industry, and you will build industrial capacity to such a level that sustaining all the millions of available recruits won't be a problem.
Anders
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 7:43:38 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Chimaera72 wrote:
Thats why I said 'borderline', play the focus right and research industry, and you will build industrial capacity to such a level that sustaining all the millions of available recruits won't be a problem.

Yeah, no. Not really all that feasible.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Chimaera72
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 7:57:28 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Anders wrote:
Yeah, no. Not really all that feasible.

Well I've done it, not the last playthrough where the AI had missmanaged Brit.Raj, but the playthrough we had before this last. It gets even better if you streamline production and skip tanks, planes, ships and put all efforts in the production supporting infantry only. This of course means that you have to lean on your other teammates to cover air and sea.
Optimerad
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2016 10:56:19 PM
 Stabsgefreiter

So it seems that I will face off against Alex on the eastern front?

Holy cow. I need to practice. A lot. Angel Grin

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein" - F.Nietzsche
Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 9:07:10 AM
 Captain
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Anders wrote:
Raj is by no means a major. It is completely dependent on imports from the UK, which in turn has less factories to produce aeroplanes and battleships. In fact, going by the rules of this game, and how the last game turned out, stacking most of the Commonwealth countries with player seems pretty fairly balanced.

Mechanics-wise Raj can quite comfortably end up as a major (as in building the base CIC needed to qualify and after France is out it's virtually guaranteed to take a "major" slot, CIC or not) but yes the Commonwealth really only is a power to reckon with if it truly IS the commonwealth. HOI4 Commonwealth isn't balanced around the UK alone like HOI3 was.
Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:07:25 PM
 Captain

Any plans to throw in a PDS MP Forum post?
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:19:10 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Any plans to throw in a PDS MP Forum post?

I could do later when I get home if nobody else does it.
What will we write then in it?
Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 5:56:57 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
I could do later when I get home if nobody else does it.
What will we write then in it?

Scandinavian Wednesday Game (19:30). Newbie friendly, competitive but with house-rules.
Or something similar?
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 7:42:49 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Praetori wrote:
Scandinavian Wednesday Game (19:30). Newbie friendly, competitive but with house-rules.
Or something similar?

OK, thanks...
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 9:08:33 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

So now I have put up a new recruiting thread in Paradox Forums Multiplayer thread.

Link:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-scandinavian-wednesday-group-are-recruiting-people.980939/

I don't know if it look and sounds good.
Redcoat
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2016 11:20:47 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

I would prefer Spain du to some experience there :-) bug I Will play whatever you want me to!

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 7:09:25 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

Redcoat wrote:
I would prefer Spain du to some experience there :-) bug I Will play whatever you want me to!

i would say that you go Spain as well..
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 2:22:19 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Chimaera72 wrote:
i would say that you go Spain as well..

Welcome to the Axis 😀
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 6:06:35 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I hope that you that live in Stockholm can get home in time for the new game session, the reason behind this concern is the snow caos that media writes about in our capitol.
Praetori
Posted: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 7:24:38 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
I hope that you that live in Stockholm can get home in time for the new game session, the reason behind this concern is the snow caos that media writes about in our capitol.

No problems at all here, had to bring out the shovel and the all essential bags of sand out of the trunk to get the cars out of the parking this morning but otherwise it's been fine.
Ok not FINE fine, I was pretty close to bringing out the snowchains but it wasn't necessary.

I can't understand how people got themselves into that traffic mess out on the main roads, foresight is key every time there's snow in Stockholm nowdays.
It's no big surprise that there would be CHAOS but people have bad timing, pick bad roads, drive like they've never seen snow before and get stuck everywhere on the major roads on summer-tires, crash or simply fail to keep distance and reasonable speeds.
Some people have been stuck for 7-8 hours in traffic and basically ALL buses are cancelled but it should start to clear up now for car-traffic at least. Just pray that we don't have some sorry sod waiting for a bus home that's not going to appear on this side of midnight.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 12:05:02 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

My apologies for my absence, as I explained on Skype, I was under the impression we were waiting for the patch.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

JASGripen
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:36:44 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I can play next Wednesday. An axis minor would be ok, or sub for anyone who needs one. I am not very proficent with HoI4, hoping that old merits will count though.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives.
The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes.
The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.

//G. K. Chesterton
Praetori
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:11:06 PM
 Captain

JASGripen wrote:
I can play next Wednesday. An axis minor would be ok, or sub for anyone who needs one. I am not very proficent with HoI4, hoping that old merits will count though.

Great to see you again. We have several aspiring Axis minors such as Hungary, Romania etc (war hasn't started except for Japan/China).

Optimerad
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:41:57 PM
 Stabsgefreiter

I had a blast yesterday! Really looking forward to test my skills this coming session.

We usually play wednesdays right?

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein" - F.Nietzsche
Marine
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:13:26 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Optimerad wrote:
I had a blast yesterday! Really looking forward to test my skills this coming session.

We usually play wednesdays right?

Yeah it was a great session.
Yes always play on Wednesdays if nothing else has been said.
Look at the top of this thread to see next date and the latest news.
Marine
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 9:24:35 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

JASGripen wrote:

Welcome to the group again Smile
JASGripen
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:35:31 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Praetori wrote:
Great to see you again. We have several aspiring Axis minors such as Hungary, Romania etc (war hasn't started except for Japan/China).

Marine wrote:
Welcome to the group again Smile

Thanks guys, hoping to be a charming dictator.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives.
The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes.
The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.

//G. K. Chesterton
Marine
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 10:14:06 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Anders wrote:
My apologies for my absence, as I explained on Skype, I was under the impression we were waiting for the patch.

Apology accepted Smile

Are you going to join us now on the 16 november or?
We still need one more allied...
Marine
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2016 10:17:03 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Japan feels strong and are happy to see that Spain has join us in quest for total world dominans Big Grin

China will soon be crushed and totally assimilated LOL

Then the rest of the westerners in Asia will tremble before our might Angel Grin

/Hiroshito Pharaoh