Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

3rd HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
JASGripen
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:48:42 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

So is there a TS or something? I have to make some food for he kids for tomorrow. Don't wait for me, I pop by.

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives.
The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes.
The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected.

//G. K. Chesterton
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:19:52 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

JASGripen wrote:
So is there a TS or something? I have to make some food for he kids for tomorrow. Don't wait for me, I pop by.

You have a PM with info Smile
Redcoat
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:38:54 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

I'm sorry to dag I Will not be Abel to participate this wednesday du to work. Thursday is free Though.. . ;-)

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:11:35 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Redcoat wrote:
I'm sorry to dag I Will not be Abel to participate this wednesday du to work. Thursday is free Though.. . ;-)

TraitorOne Tooth Grin

I will forgive you laterBig Grin
Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:59:30 PM
 Captain

JASGripen wrote:

Did you manage to fix your issues with finding servers?
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:30:11 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

The time is 19:34

We are waiting in TS, where is everybody Smile
Optimerad
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2016 8:15:29 PM
 Stabsgefreiter

Thank you for yesterdays game session everyone! I have had so much fun these last sessions.

AAR mid 1941, German Reich
With the fall of Sweden, Europe mainland has now been completely pacified. Meanwhile Italy and Germany have with combined efforts crushed the last Turkish bastions and forced the British forces in Suez to abandon their strongholds before being overrun. The mediterranean have been completely closed off since Spain joined the Axis and took Gibraltar by force. Italy have conquered the entire African continent, adding much needed resources to a growing empire. As a gesture of good will, Germany have been given control over the protectorate South Africa. The German people will not forget such kindness.

The Japanese empire have been silent. Too silent. Maybe they have been busy consolidating their newly gained Chinese territories. Maybe they are perfecting their next plan to expand the empire. German diplomats have sent carefully written overtures, but no conclusive answer have yet been heard.

The British still control the skies and the seas. Bombers fly regularly over the English Channel to challenge the roaring machine that is the German industry. Beneath them the British submarines have sunk German convoys in the hundreds. How many more do they have?! Meanwhile the dockyards of the Reich spew out convoys and ships, to make sure that the Warmachine continuously gets its much needed resources from around the globe.

Will the Americans interfere? The vast American fleet will sure give the German convoys even more trouble. How long dare the Kriegsmarine stay passive? The fear for an open conflict is very real and the lessons from the battle of Sicily is still fresh in memory. The German Admirals have swore not to be caught in a all-or-nothing scenario and coordinated battle training with the luftwaffe have been one of the top priorities.

Soon the larger conflict will emerge. Germany looks to the east and its old enemy Russia for future lebensraum. Will the Russian Bear have what it takes to stop the Panzers? Will the wehrmacht dare challenge the Russian winter? Only time will tell.

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein" - F.Nietzsche
Marine
Posted: Thursday, December 01, 2016 9:59:55 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
The Japanese empire have been silent. Too silent. Maybe they have been busy consolidating their newly gained Chinese territories. Maybe they are perfecting their next plan to expand the empire. German diplomats have sent carefully written overtures, but no conclusive answer have yet been heard.

Yes we have been silent because we don't speak German, Spanish or Italian Big Grin

Seriously ,we are preparing for the right time to strike and It will be soon Sergeant

We are concerned thou about the big US navyCry

(UK)We intend to stay outside Singapore for fishing and studies Angel Grin
enzo
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 8:59:33 AM
 Private

hi chaps,
have you initiate a mp mod like mem in hoi3 or others ? in my mp group we are at the 4th mp game with hoi4 with house rules mostly the same than yours, and we are thinking of making a mod mainly to solve the World Tension issue (raising to quickly) and some others minor stuff.
do you stay on vanilla ?
cheers
Alex_brunius
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 9:40:03 AM
 Hauptmann

enzo wrote:
hi chaps,
have you initiate a mp mod like mem in hoi3 or others ? in my mp group we are at the 4th mp game with hoi4 with house rules mostly the same than yours, and we are thinking of making a mod mainly to solve the World Tension issue (raising to quickly) and some others minor stuff.
do you stay on vanilla ?

Yeah for now we go vanilla only (+cosmetic mods for those that want). But we did have our own MP mod for HoI3.

I have been thinking about making a MP mod as well, and tension would be pretty high on the list, but I haven't looking into how much it can be modded. Easiest would probably be to scale it super low and add alot of events/triggers for specific things and conditions that raise tension for best control.

Resources, NFs and direct damage from air-power vs ships is other areas that I think could use better balancing.

I'm very interested in what you find. Let us know if you create a thread for collaboration and modding, or publish a draft of the mod on the forums or steam workshop.
Praetori
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 2:59:30 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
(UK)We intend to stay outside Singapore for fishing and studies Angel Grin

Neither the fishermen's union nor the imperial scholars are satisfied with that answer. And whaling with depth-charges? Come on....
You're welcome to buy as much fish as you want from the British Empire though. One flattop per metric ton.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 6:29:56 PM
 Hauptmann

So it seems we have a release date for TFV: 15:th December.

https://twitter.com/podcat_paradox/status/805801614854488064
Marine
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 7:30:36 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Alex_brunius wrote:
So it seems we have a release date for TFV: 15:th December.

https://twitter.com/podcat_paradox/status/805801614854488064

Yeah saw that also, great news 😀
We only have to finish the ongoing campaign first.
I guess that when we play MP we still have to be on the old patch, so that we don't mess up things.
Praetori
Posted: Monday, December 05, 2016 9:10:42 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
Yeah saw that also, great news 😀
We only have to finish the ongoing campaign first.
I guess that when we play MP we still have to be on the old patch, so that we don't mess up things.

Yes. I'm quite sure that it will completely wreck the game if patched and old save is loaded. The main danger is always the NFs which can become horribly broken.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2016 11:29:56 AM
 Hauptmann

Sorry, our internet went down yesterday and didn't come back up, but since we were way past endtime anyways it hopefully wasn't a huge issue.

Quite interesting game, much later Axis DoWs then I had anticipated which gave me as Soviet enough extra time to move some much needed reinforcements of both tanks to northern Scandinavia, and Infantry to defend the Blacksea coastline, and in both cases these proved their worth.

Soviet is feeling fairly confident about the situation now that Axis advances have been halted in their tracks in the North and South, and stopped at the long river and fort-line in the main Eastern Front theatre. Casualty wise the Axis have suffered almost a million in losses they clearly can't sustain longterm trying to assault these heavily fortified positions in vain.

All is not without worries though. A strong German fleet have been engaged in the Baltic sea, and there are signs the Axis are building up their Naval Dockyards to focus there efforts elsewhere and secure their coasts from allied attack.

Long term however Soviet can't hope to survive alone against an Axis that controls all the industry and resources in the entire Europe as well as most of Africa, unless the allies can provide help and land in mainland Europe or threaten the Mediterranean again. The first German Tiger Tank division have been engaged in combat and found immune to the fire from our T34s, while still having no problems to pierce the Soviet tanks armor with their heavy 88mm guns. Only thanks to superior numbers and large amounts of SPGs were the T34 division able to come out victorious. Their days of raiding freely against the German infantry and lighter tanks in the open plains might be numbered, as this is likely only a small sign of what is to come...

In the air Soviet have secured complete dominance which with good doctrines slows down Axis movements to a crawl and slashes their defensiveness and breakthrough greatly increasing their casualties taken. It's clear that the Soviets lack bombers to fully exploit the situation however, and a shift in research and production priorities are needed to remedy this.
Chimaera72
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2016 1:22:23 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Yes Italy has alone lost 950.000 men in the Axis-Russian war and Germany has lost around 550.000 men while Russia has lost 85.000 men, that is some crazy shit, haha Smile . That is more casualties than we have had against the Allies during all the years since the war started with Poland.
Praetori
Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2016 2:38:10 PM
 Captain

Alex_brunius wrote:
Sorry, our internet went down yesterday and didn't come back up, but since we were way past endtime anyways it hopefully wasn't a huge issue.

Nothing much happened so don't worry. Moscow fell to Italian paratroopers and then the Soviet Armies of the Belarus Front got encircled and marched off as POWs to rebuild German factories in France. Cool Or maybe we paused and saved...

(Savegame Link)

Alex_brunius wrote:

Long term however Soviet can't hope to survive alone against an Axis that controls all the industry and resources in the entire Europe as well as most of Africa, unless the allies can provide help and land in mainland Europe or threaten the Mediterranean again. The first German Tiger Tank division have been engaged in combat and found immune to the fire from our T34s, while still having no problems to pierce the Soviet tanks armor with their heavy 88mm guns. Only thanks to superior numbers and large amounts of SPGs were the T34 division able to come out victorious. Their days of raiding freely against the German infantry and lighter tanks in the open plains might be numbered, as this is likely only a small sign of what is to come...

In the air Soviet have secured complete dominance which with good doctrines slows down Axis movements to a crawl and slashes their defensiveness and breakthrough greatly increasing their casualties taken. It's clear that the Soviets lack bombers to fully exploit the situation however, and a shift in research and production priorities are needed to remedy this.

Sadly the western Allies are not ready to open up the second-front and the German investments in AAA layered defenses put some hurt on the British bombing effort. Bomber Command with Harris in the lead is currently devising a new plan to ease the pressure on the USSR but how and what is as of yet classified (GC&CS tells me that Axis representatives might be reading this).
Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, December 09, 2016 10:05:11 PM
 Hauptmann

Chimaera72 wrote:
That is more casualties than we have had against the Allies during all the years since the war started with Poland.

We will not accept Axis propaganda lies just like that!

Chimaera72
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 1:21:03 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

Ooh il duce must have received errant information from Goebbels. But give it another month or two and our casualties will be equal to that number i belive Smile
Alex_brunius
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:55:20 PM
 Hauptmann

Chimaera72 wrote:
Ooh il duce must have received errant information from Goebbels. But give it another month or two and our casualties will be equal to that number i belive Smile

Well, that's because the Italian divisions seem to be hell bent on keeping attacking without pause, even when their equipment/manpower reserves have been depleted down so low they lost all offensive capacity, and even despite the enemy being dug in inside forts and mountains Wink

Maybe if you gave the poor sods some pause to recover and recieve replacements in between the constant attacks? Tongue
Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:41:38 AM
 Captain

I just realized (because I'm that far down the work-cone) that I'm not going to be able to play on Wednesday (Sabaton Cruise omph). So today Tuesday or Thursday (or other day) would be better IMO.
Alex_brunius
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:09:17 AM
 Hauptmann

Praetori wrote:
I just realized (because I'm that far down the work-cone) that I'm not going to be able to play on Wednesday (Sabaton Cruise omph). So today Tuesday or Thursday (or other day) would be better IMO.

We already got other plans booked for both those days. Sorry. Also have plans for saturday and sunday, but probably not the entire days so might be able to squeeze something in. Doesn't look to good unless everyone want to play Friday or Monday next week instead :/
Praetori
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:42:51 PM
 Captain

Alex_brunius wrote:
We already got other plans booked for both those days. Sorry. Also have plans for saturday and sunday, but probably not the entire days so might be able to squeeze something in. Doesn't look to good unless everyone want to play Friday or Monday next week instead :/

There is of course the option (since save is available for DL in a post above) for someone else to host and play UK (since we have two players for the US) this coming Wednesday.
I could play Monday next week in any case.
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:44:52 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Praetori wrote:

That is sad, that you now have to be a POW in Singapore when it soon falls Big Grin

Going to look at Sabaton is a good excuse Smile

I can play Monday, tuesday, wednesday or thursday next week.

Now let´s see when the rest can play?

One good thing is that the release notes are going to be released for the next patch tomorrow and expansion on Thursday ,so when can have a look at thatCool
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:36:25 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I can play any day, unless it's a day I can't play.

Chimaera72 attached the following image(s):
18179797.jpg