Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

5th HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
Marine
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2017 11:12:31 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

So it's time for a new session Smile
Next game date is 18 January.
Game version is 1.3.2 Torch and the new expansion Together for Victory!!!
The start time is somewhere between CET 19.30 and 20.00.
We play until ca CET 00.00.

I will post this on steam also, but not on Paradox as that is more of a recruiting forum

Countries:

Axis:

Major:
Germany: Possible Co Op play?
Italy:
Japan: Possible Co Op play, but maybe not from start?

Minor:
Spain:
Romania:
Bulgaria:
Hungary:

Comintern:

Major:
Soviet: Possible Co Op play, but maybe not from Start?

Minor:
Non right now:

Allies:

Major:
United Kingdom: Possible Co Op play?
USA: Possible Co Op play, but maybe not from Start?
France:
China:

Minor:
British Raj:
Australia:
New Zealand:
Canada:
South Africa:

18 people so far that can potentially play:

Praetori: Unknown.
Saseo: Coop someone or a minor because she´s going on a Holiday and can't play for 3 weeks after the 11 january.
Bpoitier: Japan ,because of the short War last time.
Alex: Coop someone or a minor because he´s going on a Holiday and can't play for 3 weeks after the 11 january.
Redcoat: Minor I think, uncertain if he can now on the 11 January.
Marine: USA(because of the Short War last time), British Raj, UK, Spain.
Chimaera72: Italy(because of the short War last time), British Raj, Australia.
Optimerad:Unknown.
Beethoven: USA, Italy, Soviet or whatever is needed. As a second alternative: France, UK or an Allied minor. Third alternative UK.
Jorgen_CAB: Any Minor(Axis or Allied), but would like to try Canada again.
Demosthenest: Soviet.
Anders: USA, British Raj, China.
Phadishar: a Axis Minor.
Vidkjaer: Canada , Australia, New Zealand, Coop for British Navy, Coop for US Navy.
Geofactor: Unknown.
P3D: France, any Minor, Soviets.
BaddoSpirito: USA, Soviet, Canada, Australia, British Raj, South Africa.
Comrade110: Canada.

Start to write down the 2 or 3 countries that you would like to play for next session, in preferred order!

Updated 17/01 at CET 05.00.
Beethoven
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 12:33:54 AM
 Corporal

1) USA
2) Italy
3) Soviets
4) Whatever is needed
Anders
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 3:00:36 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I'll play USA, South Africa, Australia, India, or China. In that order of preference

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Jorgen_CAB
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 9:56:00 AM
 Corporal

I'll gladly take any allied or axis minor. I would have no problem taking on Canada again now that I have a better understanding how that country works and perhaps I will be able to do something this time. Wink
Marine
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 4:31:36 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

We need more people to write down what they would like to play ASAP next time on the 11 January!
Beethoven
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 5:54:16 PM
 Corporal

If we are really playing with France allowed to build level 5 forts, only delayed war entry for other axis countries, and a research ahead of time restriction, then I want to revise my preference.

There is a large risk that US/Soviet may not get to play, and that by the time Italy/axis minors get to join it will already effectively be over. So I would rather play France, the UK, or an Allied minor.

Also, it would be nice if we have some confirmation of what countries we are playing in advance, if possible.
Marine
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 6:23:43 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Beethoven wrote:
If we are really playing with France allowed to build level 5 forts, only delayed war entry for other axis countries, and a research ahead of time restriction, then I want to revise my preference.

There is a large risk that US/Soviet may not get to play, and that by the time Italy/axis minors get to join it will already effectively be over. So I would rather play France, the UK, or an Allied minor.

Also, it would be nice if we have some confirmation of what countries we are playing in advance, if possible.

We really need to talk about this concerning france ,so that it´s clear for everyone.

I will put up a new preference alternative for you then.

Yeah I agree on ,that it would be nice to know a little in advance on what countries people are going to play ,so that you can take a look before and make a plan.
bpoitier
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 10:12:08 PM
 Sergeant

I would like to play japan once again, the last japan session was kinda short
Marine
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 10:34:40 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

bpoitier wrote:
I would like to play japan once again, the last japan session was kinda short

Yes it was short ,so I have written down Japan for you.
Chimaera72
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 10:56:07 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

Because of the short game last time, I would like to go for Italy again. Otherwise I could go for Brit.Raj or Australia
P3D
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 11:25:22 PM
 Sergeant

Add me in for France.

Choice B is any minor, C is Soviets.
Beethoven
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 3:26:23 AM
 Corporal

Since P3D signed up and wants to be France, I would like to be UK then.
Marine
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 9:25:44 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Beethoven wrote:
Since P3D signed up and wants to be France, I would like to be UK then.

A little jumping around ,but I will put you up as a alternative request.
If this is about the new Rule suggestions ,so can I say that it´s not certain yet ,that all of them will be used.
Phadishar
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2017 10:04:13 AM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 11000th Post

I want a axis minor.

Give me snuff, whiskey and Swedes, and I'll build a railroad to hell.
-James J. Hill Railroad magnet (USA).
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 9:08:13 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hm, difficult it is to decide on who shall play what, so i guess sadly that we have to sort that out tomorrow.
We have lots of US, UK, but no Germany so far and one Japan, some Canada. so we have to discuss it tomorrow.
Beethoven
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:46:58 PM
 Corporal

Marine wrote:
Hm, difficult it is to decide on who shall play what, so i guess sadly that we have to sort that out tomorrow.
We have lots of US, UK, but no Germany so far and one Japan, some Canada. so we have to discuss it tomorrow.

As for Germany, I think I recall that didn't Praetori/Alex Brunius or something mention some interest in possibly co-oping Germany after the end of the last game?

Alternatively, since Anders is so confident about how easy it is for Germany, even to the point of wanting to allow level 10 forts, then perhaps he might like to try and see just how easy it is.

If you want to see a strong Allies/defense of France, then let us play:

UK - me
France - P3D
USA - BaddoSpirito
Canada - Comrade110

We have have been talking with each other about what we would do and had made plans, but it is hard if we don't know what countries we are playing in advance, because then you can't make plans for what to do in any sort of coordinated way.
baronbowden
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2017 10:52:59 PM
 General of the Army

Lol best post ever. Put anders in Germany!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I believe I was the one time he saw Germany fail v France!!!! Revenge could be sweet!

Famous Quotes

KhanXLT: day to day, lucky things happen to me
KhanXLT: you know, little things
Newman: lol that husky girl behind the counter at the grocery store gave you her number didnt she!!!!

El_Zilcho321: Euro balance = ban BB
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 1:34:52 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Beethoven wrote:
Alternatively, since Anders is so confident about how easy it is for Germany, even to the point of wanting to allow level 10 forts, then perhaps he might like to try and see just how easy it is.

Fuck you too, buddy Smile

Nah, I'll play USA. Or South Africa. Or Australia. Or India. Or China.

baronbowden wrote:
Also I believe I was the one time he saw Germany fail v France!!!! Revenge could be sweet!

No, I didn't count that, I only count non-noob Germany-players.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Beethoven
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:25:14 AM
 Corporal

Anders wrote:
Fuck you too, buddy Smile

It is a shame you won't show us the secret to breaching P3D's level 10 forts. Now we will never know what you do Smile

In seriousness, China would be a good choice - that would ensure you would get to play before the game ends. Raj and US may not get to join before the Axis surrenders.
baronbowden
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:01:16 AM
 General of the Army

Anders wrote:
No, I didn't count that, I only count non-noob Germany-players.

I had to save fucking all of Italy from an Invasion almost Day 1 while you were dicking around making sure I didnt get rubber as Japan so I couldnt get any air superiority!!

GAH!!

I am actually free tomorrow though - have anders msg me and I will come

Famous Quotes

Newman: lol that husky girl behind the counter at the grocery store gave you her number didnt she!!!!

Anders
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:14:38 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

baronbowden wrote:
I had to save fucking all of Italy from an Invasion almost Day 1 while you were dicking around making sure I didnt get rubber as Japan so I couldnt get any air superiority!!

I call that piss-poor preparation and planning.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Anders
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:22:37 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Beethoven wrote:
It is a shame you won't show us the secret to breaching P3D's level 10 forts. Now we will never know what you do Smile

So it's level 10 forts now? I was under the impression it was max 5, or maybe 7.
Five words: Heavy tanks, CAS, Self-Propelled.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Beethoven
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:27:36 AM
 Corporal

Anders wrote:
So it's level 10 forts now? I was under the impression it was max 5, or maybe 7.
Five words: Heavy tanks, CAS, Self-Propelled.

That's what it is now, but you proposed getting rid of it entirely. Or at least that was my understanding of what you meant by "I think we should just scrap the forts-rule altogether. Forts aren't impervious." If that is not what you meant, then sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for Heavy tanks/SPART, that won't work with a research ahead rule, or for that matter if Soviets reject the tank treaty. Wink
baronbowden
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:33:19 AM
 General of the Army

Beethoven wrote:

As for Heavy tanks/SPART, that won't work with a research ahead rule, or for that matter if Soviets reject the tank treaty. Wink

My most recent game using HT and HTD with combined arms of inf/art divisions was that attacking a lvl 7 fort in mountains even with air superiority was impossible. I couldnt even budge infantry with no penetration whatsoever off their fort.

Dont know research ahead rule matters much on this topic, depending on line of placement.

Famous Quotes

Anders
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:35:54 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Beethoven wrote:
That's what it is now, but you proposed getting rid of it entirely. Or at least that was my understanding of what you meant by "I think we should just scrap the forts-rule altogether. Forts aren't impervious." If that is not what you meant, then sorry for the misunderstanding.

You can still have HT1 and SP-Art1.
Anyway, what else is being changed? People keep making objections to various rules, such as the standard arty-rule etc, it's getting a bit hard to keep track of. Still doesn't change the fact that you can break the level 10 maginot in 1939, unless you limit the teching, or ban using airforce, or however you want to move the goalposts.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: