Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

I'm not too keen on AARs.. Options · View
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Sunday, May 28, 2017 5:37:21 PM
 Generalmajor

Just writing the required amount to make sure Dragoon gets the funds, which I'm ultimately regretting in asking for, seeing as my date got cancelled. Not so much a date, rather a social meet with lots of people where I stupidly invited the girl i liked to. But yeah, she's been working for 3 days, on top op a stressfull week of university. So she said that: even if I do show up, it won't be for long(probably an hour). Which makes the 4 hour travel back and forth seem really not worthwhile.

So long story short, I'm gonna be there tonight, and I owe you folk an AAR of 500 words(or equivalent of).

Sadly, I've never been that great in writing. At best mediocre, and even then, I consider my words put to the page to be utter shit. I've always(at least 2/3 incarnations of the mega campaign) wanted to make my AAR art, scenes and characters in the game put to the (digital)canvas, and use those for my portfolio needed for application purposes.

But sadly am I not only top procrastinator, I'm also very poor in handling stress(mainly the stress to perform). The more pressure there is, the more it shows on the end result; AKA it being ugly and totally not as how I imagined. So, rather than push myself to produce AAR worthy material to gain rewards ingame, I decide to forgo the rewards on any item posted. I would however like your approval in to use whatever I post here in my portfolio.(I'm not sure if people tend to get picky or not on their characters..)
I'll leave it to the venerable GM to decide whether or not it is AAR appropriate or not. And when it is not, I reckon I'll know come next week.
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2017 6:34:56 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I didn't see this until now, sorry about that. I try to read every post in the forum, but sometimes I miss one. In any case this was posted well after I did the edits.

I'm happy for you to use whatever your draw in your portfolio; it's your stuff, I don't think you need anyone's permission. (Noting that Paradox has icky rules about copyright for what you post to their forums; how enforceable that is I don't know, but maybe don't post your art there to be on the safe side. ) And if you don't want AAR rewards, sure, no problem. All you have to do is not make a request in the edit thread and I guarantee you no edit will happen. Smile

Nevertheless I'm going to enforce the feeling-lucky rule for your request last week.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Saturday, June 03, 2017 9:55:24 AM
 Generalmajor

King of Men wrote:
I didn't see this until now, sorry about that. I try to read every post in the forum, but sometimes I miss one. In any case this was posted well after I did the edits.

I'm happy for you to use whatever your draw in your portfolio; it's your stuff, I don't think you need anyone's permission. (Noting that Paradox has icky rules about copyright for what you post to their forums; how enforceable that is I don't know, but maybe don't post your art there to be on the safe side. ) And if you don't want AAR rewards, sure, no problem. All you have to do is not make a request in the edit thread and I guarantee you no edit will happen. Smile

Nevertheless I'm going to enforce the feeling-lucky rule for your request last week.

Ok, good to know.