Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

House Lazuli II Options · View
The Professor
Posted: Saturday, September 09, 2017 9:26:30 PM
 General of the Army

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Upon moving to Asia, I created a new flag. My old flag was nice and is my usual goto for CK games. I'll be sure to be posting more substantial content soon, but first, flags and stuff.

I made a new flag for my House's new beginning, I struggled a bit trying to find a 'perfect' reference image. I wanted a Dragon facing West with Chinese Hanzi characters spelling "Azure" in Chinese underneath ala most of the Chinese Minors aka Minglets.

I couldn't really find one I liked, so I changed ideas to something that turned out pretty decent.

A Dragon circling in a blood red almost Imperial purple sky beneath the sun, bearing down on us all. "Good enough" in the end, I don't like the outlining in the flag in the top left of the screen, but makes the Dragon distinguishable for the Army/Unit flags, so good enough really.

Hadogei's flag. Since he's aiming to relocate to Brazil. So a modified flag of Imperial Brazil with some CK style flair to it.

King of Men's flag from CK remade for CK2. I added in some colours to give it a bit more detail so hopefully it looks good in EU. I'll be testing it shortly but I imagine it should look sufficiently viking.

I *imagine* this should be fairly self evidently sufficient effort for AAR eligibility, pixel art custom flags even using reference materials and a dedicated pixelart paint program (Aseprite) isn't exactly quick.

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
The Professor
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 9:28:37 PM
 General of the Army

The Professor
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:51:45 AM
 General of the Army

Spent about three hours on a character design for my initial character landing in China; then decided it is nearly 2 AM and I need to get up early. A Queen in the style of the ancient Chinese Sovereigns, with a shorter hem because she likes to be able to see where she steps.

Bonus other pose sketch and some face sketch angles included.

The Professor
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2017 7:53:08 PM
 General of the Army

Iriael Lazuli was the 7th daughter of High King Daenir Lazuli of the lands of Greece and Bulgaria, Lord Protector of Anatolia. There was much to her position to be envious of, while true in feudal lands such a distant child is unlikely to inherit, or her children, she is also less prestigious as a target for marriage between noble houses, and most importantly, the youngest, especially as the father reaches a more elderly age becomes more grandfatherly to his youngest, and more willing to entertain her flights of fancy, and delay marriage until one pleasing to her eyes and heart.

Under normal circumstances in a more average noble house, but the Lazuli were not a normal House. They were an ancient family of Magi, the males skilled in craftsmanship and enchantment, the women talented as wizards able to bend the laws of reality to their will at the height of their power.

But for over two centuries the power of the family has waned; the more mundane the usage of magecraft, the more their family left the darkness of their halls to enter the world of regular humans and feudal lords to play the game of thrones, the more their magic weakened. There are many practical explanations, more time spent scheming and administering is less time spent on study and research; but as the Lazuli dynasty grew, the more difficult it was to pass on knowledge to only a few heirs; and some knowledge would be lost.

Fewer women of the Lazuli were born with the talent, and the talent that they had waned, there were some whose power could barely move coins or light a candle.

Ultimately, the less the Lazuli valued magic in of itself, the more it was taken for granted, the less power they could gain from Magecraft.

By the time Iriael Lazuli was born while women held considerable status within the dynasty, they had largely lost most of their knowledge and talent.

Then Iriael was born.

Iriael being the 7th daughter was largely ignored at first, she seemed bright as a mere child but quickly astounded her tutors at her hunger for knowledge, consuming Aristotle, Plato, and St. Augustine.

However while one day playing in the hallways of their ancient home, Iriael stumbled upon a hidden passageway, her hands pressing upon an ancient jeweled glyph of a blue dragon made of sapphires, lit up and the passageway opened.

Deep, deep within the recesses of the Lazuli home, Iriael discovered a hementic laboratory and library. An ancient treasure trove of knowledge, which Lazuli did these belong to?

Reading the mixture of Greek and Draconic took time, but deciphering the author made Iriael put down the tome in something of a breathless awe. Atheniael Lazuli, the ancient second wife of the old Emperor Justinian the Great.
Iriael consumed all of the grimoirs, their knowledge, power just came to her, she was meant to wield it. All of the power and knowledge of Magecraft that the Lazuli had gradually lost needed a Lazuli to reside within, and it choose her.