Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Song of the Dead Take II Discussion Thread. Options · View
James Craig
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2017 6:54:50 PM
 1st Lieutenant

The Empire is Broken but not fallen. They will break upon us like water on rock. No army has yet breached the hornbu..I mean the Theodosian Walls...

Vae Victis!
Ranger9000
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:49:55 AM
 Captain

Did anyone figure out what caused the crusades to trigger when they did? for some reason I'm getting the feeling it was related to Byzantium Falling, seems to be the only one that'd make sense.
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:34:37 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Quote:
Hey, can I get an update on the progress of the map edit

Sure. I usually do the edits Saturday evening after the Crown Princess of Men is in bed, and this week is no exception.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 10:39:33 AM
 Generalmajor

Ranger9000 wrote:
Did anyone figure out what caused the crusades to trigger when they did? for some reason I'm getting the feeling it was related to Byzantium Falling, seems to be the only one that'd make sense.

Not byzantium, but kom goofing up.

Germany not controlled:
Year is at least 900 AND
Cologne (Köln) or Braunschweig Christian but held by non-Christian

He still held Braunschweig
Vaniver
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 6:44:22 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Yami-Yagari wrote:
Not byzantium, but kom goofing up.

Germany not controlled:
Year is at least 900 AND
Cologne (Köln) or Braunschweig Christian but held by non-Christian

He still held Braunschweig
Oh interesting, I thought Dragoon did it deliberately, but wasn't watching to see if he switched religions.
dragoon9105
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:12:55 PM
 Lieutenant General

Yea it wasnt me, Which is why the Pope instantly declared for Saxony.

For the 'Christendom is under siege' Trigger the pope declares crusades almost instantly to recover the lost territories. If I did it the pope wouldn't have been able to declare since you cant use Crusade on your liege and I could have redirected it to something useful like Sweden, Norway or Jerusalem. That did happen becuase Kom held one of the Germanic trigger sites, prompting an immediate declaration for Germany or Saxony.
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 8:22:28 AM
 Legatus legionis

Gentlemen, please be aware that there is a new mod, with fixed Kingdom Subjugation; checksum KDGE. However as we do not fully trust CK2, if there is any funny business with it, edits may happen.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Ranger9000
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:31:46 AM
 Captain

I'm probably going to need a little while myself to sort things out at game start. I have to hand out like 14 titles and my court is small Tongue
King of Men
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 7:08:53 AM
 Legatus legionis

So for the possible Thanksgiving break: Including Dragoon (who misclicked) but excluding Clone (who quit), we seem to have 2 people who cannot play the 19th; and one who is dubious, namely Sauron who will be travelling and thus unsure of his internet. That doesn't seem to me like a very strong case for cancellation. Anyone disagree?

Then on the 26th, there again seem to be two people who cannot play, plus Sauron's dubious internet. Again this doesn't seem to me like sufficient absences for a cancellation. I'm currently leaning towards the show going on both these days.

Read my blog.
The Professor
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 4:40:46 PM
 General of the Army

Really wish I knew why Senj flipped from me. :'(

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
Gollevainen
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 5:01:06 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

There are 7 votes for having some sort of thanksgiving break, That is more than half of the roster...isn't it bit dubvious to rule on a option that got like 1 vote?

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Ranger9000
Posted: Monday, November 13, 2017 9:40:53 PM
 Captain

Wait I'm confused. I see 4 votes total between the 19th and 27th. With only one person unable to make both. Then we have 5 votes for people who can play both. Where are the 7 votes coming from?
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:33:58 AM
 Legatus legionis

Gollevainen wrote:
There are 7 votes for having some sort of thanksgiving break, That is more than half of the roster...isn't it bit dubvious to rule on a option that got like 1 vote?

Like Ranger, I don't understand where you're getting your numbers. In any case no ruling has been made. But, again, where is the 7 coming from?

Read my blog.
LordSauronOfHertfordshire
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:28:51 AM
 Optio

Also it may be worth noting I may not have a machine on which to play the game over the next two weeks, as my computer is still in the shop and I don’t know when it’s coming back. Supposedly Wednesday at the latest, but if something is delayed I won’t have it for either session in question, and have no alternative.

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.
Gollevainen
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:02:52 AM
 Legatus legionis

Heh silly me, I read the question wrong, and apparently voted wrong also. Damn I was so expecting thanksgiving this year...

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:19:03 AM
 Legatus legionis

Well, how did you vote and how should you have voted?

Read my blog.
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:25:38 AM
 Generalmajor

I didnt vote, seemed irrelevant since i dont celebrate thanks giving. Butaan i wont mind skipping this weekend, going to a winter con. Should be back in time for game tho, so im good with whatever.
Gollevainen
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:34:54 AM
 Legatus legionis

I think I voted for 'can play both sundays' when I was supposed to vote 'cant play on neither'. But it could be that I voted as I intended but got mixed up when reinturperating the results...Anyways I doesent matter that much, I will go along what is decided.

Irsh Faq wrote:
King of Men
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 5:26:41 AM
 Legatus legionis

Yami-Yagari wrote:
I didnt vote, seemed irrelevant since i dont celebrate thanks giving.

Then you should have voted "can play" so we could get an accurate estimate of who could play.

Quote:
I think I voted for 'can play both sundays' when I was supposed to vote 'cant play on neither'. But it could be that I voted as I intended but got mixed up when reinturperating the results...Anyways I doesn't matter that much, I will go along what is decided.

Ok. So that gives us (probably, depending on whether Golle remembers correctly) two people who cannot play either Sunday; Sauron who is travelling and whose computer is in the shop; and otherwise one out the 19th and one the 26th (after accounting for Dragoon's misclick and Clone's drop). So on both these Sundays we have 3.5 people out, counting Sauron as a half. We have 11 players. It's borderline; I could go either way on it.

Read my blog.
Vaniver
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 6:15:57 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

King of Men wrote:
Ok. So that gives us (probably, depending on whether Golle remembers correctly) two people who cannot play either Sunday; Sauron who is travelling and whose computer is in the shop; and otherwise one out the 19th and one the 26th (after accounting for Dragoon's misclick and Clone's drop). So on both these Sundays we have 3.5 people out, counting Sauron as a half. We have 11 players. It's borderline; I could go either way on it.
I think with that many out, I would prefer we skip, especially since we will have a conversion vote shortly thereafter.
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:24:07 AM
 Optio

I agree. With a conversion vote so close, I'd really rather not miss two sessions in a row if it can be avoided.

The Professor
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:33:07 AM
 General of the Army

Postpone the Vote!

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
King of Men
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 4:45:18 AM
 Legatus legionis

Ok. As several people have expressed support for a break and none spoken against, there will be a Thanksgiving break on the 19th and 26th. Next session on December 3rd.

Read my blog.
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, December 03, 2017 9:34:19 AM
 Legatus legionis

Game is on tomorrow. Edited save is up. Don't forget to set your version to 2.7.2, the mod is not compatible with the latest and I suspect the savegame isn't either.

Read my blog.
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 3:19:22 AM
 Optio

I have conquered Sevilla, and thus get the Great Tower points the next time that rolls around.