Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Achievement Unlocking thread II Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, October 14, 2017 7:05:42 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

When you ding an achievement, post in this thread to say so, ideally with a screenshot or other evidence. Please keep discussion to the main discussion thread, even discussion like "that does not ding the achievement". I will record the achievements in this post as we go along.

• Equal to Rome: Clonefusion, Scandinavia; Vaniver x2, Britannia and Francia; Sauron, Hispania.
  • Reconquista: Hoonter wins, Vaniver and Sauron runners-up.
  • Fall of the Karlings: No longer achievable - no Karlings!
  • Form the Holy Roman Empire: No longer achievable, done by a non-player.
  • Drunk on Suttung's Mead: Clonefusion, Norse
  • One True Pope: Sauron, Dragoon
  • Even Truer Pope: Dragoon
  • Crusader: Dragoon, King of Men
  • Sea King: King of Men
  • Great Holy Warrior: King of Men

Great Cities:

• City of Lights: Vaniver (869)
  • Where Emperors Fear to Tread:
  • The Eternal City: Dragoon (869)
  • On the River Thames: Golle (869, 969)
  • The Golden City: Yami Yagari (869, 969)
  • The Little Mermaid: Clonefusion (869)
  • City of Men's Desire: Dragoon (969)
  • The Great Tower:
  • Three Faiths, One Ruler: Hadogei (969)
  • Return of the King:
  • Arabian Nights:

Current candidates for meta achievements:

• Live and Die at My Post: Dragoon, Vaniver (absent seventh session), KoM, Golle, Blayne, Ziro (late seventh session), Sauron (absent sixth session), Hadogei (late first session), Yami Phoenix (absent second session), Ranger.

Tell My Tale:

• Five points: Vaniver, KoM, Ranger, Dragoon
  • Four points (missing one): Blayne
  • Two points (missing two):
  • No points: (missing three or more): Sauron, Golle, Ziro, James, Hadogei, Yami Phoenix

Read my blog.
    Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
  • dragoon9105
    Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:26:54 PM
     Lieutenant General

Laying a Claim to
    Fall of the Karlings (Overthrow/Subjugate/Invade Karling Kingdoms, Each Kingdom counts once, and the one with the most overthrows is given the reward)

As not only did I drive the house into extinction. I had my dynasty Inherit the Holy Roman Empire, and thus depose the Karlings from, Bavaria, West Francia, Germany, Italy and Saxony.

EDIT: By my own Rule, I did this too early, and So no Credit should be given.

The Karling house IS extinct however so nobody else can get it.
    LordSauronOfHertfordshire
    Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:32:14 PM
     Optio

Hoonter wins Reconquista, Vaniver and I also get points.

Accepted

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.
    Clonefusion
    Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:01:52 PM
     Major

Equal to Rome: Form X Cultural Empire: (Germania, Britannia, Francia, Italia, Carpathia, Wendia, Hispania, Scandinavia, Russia) 5 Points

I formed Scandinavia.

Accepted
    Vaniver
    Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:35:37 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

e_britannia was formed by Alured Ivering (my dynasty), then handed off to Aelfweard Cerdicing (Golle's dynasty). (By my read, that means I get the points, but there was some discussion of whether this was a misuse of the existing empire title with regards to the size limit.)

Accepted
    Vaniver
    Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 7:45:23 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

Haelcomarch Ivering (Vaniver) forms the Empire of Francia, achieving Equal to Rome. Accepted

Kol Skarfr (Clonefusion) created The Fylkirate, achieving Drunk on Suttung's Mead.Accepted

Control points held at 879 (the end of the session that includes 869) (Accepted):

Ivering (Vaniver):
    City of Lights: Paris
    Where Emperors Fear to Tread: Julich

Cincinnatus (James's dynasty, but not his cadet branch, I don't think):
    City of Men's Desire: Thrace
    The Great Tower: Sevilla

Lotharing (Dragoon):
    The Eternal City: Latium

Cerdicing (Gollevainen):
    On the River Thames: Middlesex

von Harrach (Yami Yagari):
    The Golden City: Prague

Skarfr (Clonefusion):
    The Little Mermaid: Sjaelland

Abbasid (AI):
    Three Faiths, One Ruler: Jerusalem
    Return of the King: Gondar
    Arabian Nights: Medina and Mecca
    Clonefusion
    Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 7:54:58 PM
     Major

Drunk on Suttung's Mead: Reform your faith. (You may rename appropriately if the faith is not Germanic.) 5 points.

I reformed germanic faith. Accepted
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 10:44:32 PM
     Lieutenant General

I just realized, I'm missing Even Truer Pope: Crown your antipope as Pope. 3 points, achievable once. since I needed to do it to Vassalize the Pope. Accepted

Also gonna lay claim to this since I'd qualify under the wording: Eneste Sanne Pave/Einlicher Treue Papst/Your Language Here, Vassalized the Pope and been Italian for basically 3 sessions now. I imagine one of those would fire it. Not accepted, as the achievement calls for the pope to "move his capital". However, I will award this to the Italian slot if the Pope is still in Italy at conversion.
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:20:00 AM
     Lieutenant General

Going to lay claim to Crusader. Accepted

Keep in mind everyone we are nearing 1000 AD and the second hit of the control points. False, the second hit of control points was at the end of the session including 969.
    Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:58:16 AM
     Optio

I am equal to Rome, forming the Empire of Hispania Accepted, also, as it's past 969, I now formally lay claim to The Great Tower, holding the city of Sevilla Not accepted, Sevilla not held by a de Cantabria in 969.

dragoon9105
    Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 4:19:33 AM
     Lieutenant General

It fires at 1000 end of the session including 969 AD. But I dont think anything dramatic is going to happen in the next 3ish years. Im laying Claim to The Eternal City Not accepted, county Roma not held by a Lotharing in 996 and City of Men's Desire Accepted.
    King of Men
    Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:06:25 PM
     Legatus legionis

Sea King!

Moved some discussion to main discussion thread.

Read my blog.
    Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
    Ranger9000
    Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 10:26:46 PM
     Captain

Putting a tentative claim on Castille, and Leon? As it's a bit poorly explained on what needs to be drifted.

I've dejure drifted the Dutchy of Sicily and the Dutchy of Mallocera out of their respective kingdoms and dejure drifted the Kingdom of Mali into my current empire.

So I've managed to drift 3 'crowns' just of different teirs.

Edit: Also not sure if I can claim 'Equal to Rome' as I did form an empire title. It just wasn't one of the cultural ones.
    Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 10:44:16 PM
     Optio

Claiming One True Pope for deposing the Avarian Antipope. Accepted

dragoon9105
    Posted: Monday, December 18, 2017 11:09:38 PM
     Lieutenant General

I also got Even Truer Pope One True Pope when I deposed Vaniver's antipope way back when. Accepted
    King of Men
    Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 7:32:10 AM
     Legatus legionis

Claiming Valhalla Bound and Great Holy Warrior from the war for Saxony - it includes Braunschweig which is a holy site for Norse.

Read my blog.
    Vaniver
    Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:25:55 AM
     Lieutenant Colonel

Claiming Crusader for the Crusade on Sweden.
    Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:41:55 PM
     Optio

Laying Claim to A Place in the Sun for expanding Portuguese across Iberia.

Vaniver
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 12:16:43 AM
     Lieutenant Colonel

Dynasties sorted by living members:
    Ivering 142
    Lotharing 123
    Yngling 103
    de Cantabria 98
    Lazuli 77
    von Borghest 76
    Cerdicing 56
    Abbasid 55
    Heracleidae 50
    Ramsey 5 (lol)

which earns me We Have Reserves.

Breton went from 8 provinces at game start (Brittany + Cornwall) to 30 at game end, earning me A Place In The Sun.

It appears (I didn't count) that the largest culture is Bedouin, meaning no one gets Lebensraum. It also seems unlikely that Manifest Destiny happened.

Dragoon, Sauron, and Vaniver all had Imperial Administration, earning us Basileus Basileon, Basileuon Basileuonton.

Dragoon presumably captured Blayne's character, earning him A King's Ransom, and formed the Latin Empire, earning him Rex Romanorum.

Ranger has the largest retinue at 30k, earning him Standing Army.

KoM gets Painted the Cross In His Own Blood.

Conversion time was too soon after the 1069 control points to count. 1069 control points, from the 1082 endsave, using only county-level control (which I think is a little silly):

Ivering (Vaniver):
    City of Lights: Paris

Lotharing (Dragoon):
    City of Men's Desire: Thrace
    The Eternal City: Latium

Cerdicing (Gollevainen):
    On the River Thames: Middlesex

von Borghest (Yami):
    The Golden City: Prague

Apochryphon (Hadogei/AI):
    Three Faiths, One Ruler: Jerusalem

Golle gets Brytenwalda. Vaniver gets Le C'est Moi (sic). No one gets Imperator Totius Hispaniae, as Sauron and Vaniver tie with 2. Dragoon gets La Serenissima. No one gets Got Mit Uns. Blayne has the most in AEIOU (2) but doesn't have half (3), suggesting that he doesn't get it. I think no one gets Megalia. KoM gets Ragnarok. I don't know if Yami gets The Sjem (he has 2, but the only 2 that exist out of the 5). No one gets Al Andalus or Third Rome.
    King of Men
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 12:34:24 AM
     Legatus legionis

Thanks for figuring all that out, Vaniver. Smile

Read my blog.
    Ranger9000
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 6:01:52 AM
     Captain

I'm also laying claim to a Live and Die at my Post spot, and Tell my Tale in addition to the Standing Army from above for a total of 13 points. (To bad I don't get Equal to Rome despite having my empire title)
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 8:06:18 AM
     Lieutenant General

Crusader: Win a Crusade or equivalent (as attacker). 1 point. (Done by Multiple, Vaniver (thrice?) Hadogei, Dragoon)
    Heresiarch: Supplant your religion with a heresy. 10 points. (None)
    A King's Ransom: Capture another player's character or heir. (Ransoming them is optional.) 3 points per capture, and -3 for the target. (Dragoon Captured Blayne, Final Session, Everyone saw)
    We Have Reserves: Have the largest dynasty, as measured by living characters, at conversion. 3 points. (Vaniver)
    Place in the Sun: Expand your culture by the greater of 50% or twenty provinces relative to game start. Melting-pot cultures take their starting size as the sum of the cultures that can naturally convert to it. 5 points. (Breton, Portugese, Possibly Bohemian)
    Lebensraum: Make your culture the largest, and at least twice as large as the second largest; 5 points. (The largest culture on the map is fairly close, so defunct)
    Manifest Destiny: Remove from the map a culture that is not in your culture group; not in a culture group that neighbours yours at game start (including short ocean voyages, eg across the North Sea); and is roughly the same size as yours at game start. 5 points, to be shared if several players cooperated on the genocide. (Cultures to Check, Frankish, Visigothic, Basque, Lombard)
    Equal to Rome: Form X Cultural Empire: (Germania, Britannia, Francia, Italia, Carpathia, Wendia, Hispania, Scandinavia, Russia) 5 Points (Done by Several, Vaniver Twice, Sauron Once, Clone Once)
    I Tell My Tale: Receive an AAR reward for every session (including the last CK session), 5 points. First missed AAR subtracts one point, next two, two points each. (Kom has a list)
    Live and Die at My Post: Be present or subbed for the full four hours of every session. 5 points. (Kom also has a list)
    Basileus Basileon, Basileuon Basileuonton: Pass Imperial Administration and keep it until conversion. 3 points. (Sauron, Dragoon, Vaniver?)
    Holy, and Roman, and Emperor: Form the Holy Roman Empire (awarded to the First Player to Form it). 3 points. (Done by the Hand of History, no longer achievable).
    Basileus Rhomaion: Usurp the Byzantine Empire. 3 points. (Done by James, Followed by Vaniver)
    Rex Romanorum: Form the Latin Empire (Latin Empire will be made formable if Byzantium still exists if necessary). 3 points. (Done by Dragoon)
    Fall of the Karlings: Overthrow/Subjugate/Invade Karling Kingdoms, each Kingdom counts once; 3 points to the one with most kingdoms. (Dragoon? Needs savegame investigation, becuase of wording, Italy was Karling and Overthrown but could have been by AI)
    And All That: Form England. 3 points. (Golle)
    Castille, And Leon? De-jure drift three crowns (king titles) completely into your primary title (achievable once only; keep a tally). 3 points. (None Claimed) (Italia only got 2 That I'm aware, Genoa and The Papal States)
    Argent a Cross Potent Or: Form the Kingdom of Jerusalem. 3 points. (Hadogei)
    Standing Army: Have the largest retinue at conversion (as measured by retinue points used, not by stack size). 3 points. Ranger
    The Scourge of God: Participate in a war where the Mongols are the attackers, and win; all participants with at least 3% war contribution get 3 points. (Mongols never arrived)
    Our Master, Our Executioner: Same as Scourge of God, but for Aztecs. (Nor the Aztecs)
    Christian:
    One True Pope: Depose an antipope. 1 point, achievable once per achieving player. (Dragoon, Sauron)
    Even Truer Pope: Crown your antipope as Pope. 3 points, achievable once. (Dragoon)
    Five Patriarchs: Each of the five Pentarchy seats controlled by your dynasty. 5 points, achievable once. (None)
    Mend the Schism: Get the eponymous ingame event. 20 points. (None)
    Co-Egyptic: Become King of Egypt as a Coptic. 2 points. None
    Nestopotamia: Become King of Mesopotamia as a Nestorian. 3 points. None
    Eneste Sanne Pave/Einlicher Treue Papst/Your Language Here: Get the Pope to move his capital to your cultural region, and keep it there for an entire session (ie the session after he moves), or until conversion if it is the last session. 5 points. (Dragoon Kept the Pope all Game)
    Meet the Family: As Messalian have more than 50% of your dynasty with inbred or lunatic by the end of the game. 5 points.(None)
    The True Church of the East: As a Nestorian, reclaim all Nestorian holy sites and remove Islam entirely from Mesopotamia, the Levant and Arabia. 15 points. (None)
    The Fairer Sex: As Cathar, make at least half of European kingdoms/empires led by females through Absolute Cognatic succession. 20 points. (None)
    A Single Divine Will: As Monophysites, purge Miaphysite from the map and reclaim all Coptic Holy Sites. 10 points. (None)
    Break the Icons: As an Iconoclast, control all orthodox holy sites along with Rome, and Mecca, or have Iconoclasts controlling them. 10 points. (None)
    The Perfect Form: As Bogomilists, unite the Balkans and remove all traces of Orthodox and Catholicism. 12 points. (None)
    Reconquista: Remove the Muslim (or Christian) presence from Iberia. 3 points to all players of the winning religion with a presence in Iberia, the one with the greatest amount of territory receives an extra three. (Sauron, Vaniver both runners up)
    Painted the Cross In His Own Blood: Like Reconquista, but for Scandinavia. If no kingdoms are Christian (or Muslim!) at conversion, it is considered a win for the Norse. (Think we can count this as a hold for King of Men)
    Master of the Servant of the Servants of God: Vassalise the Pope (achievable once). 3 points. (Dragoon)
    Filioque Clause: Same as Reconquista, but for Orthodox in de-jure Greece and Anatolia. (None, Its a freaking mess, If anyone gets this, its Hadogei, followed by Dragoon, Followed by Ranger)
    Salve, Sclave: Same as Reconquista, but for Lithuania and Finland. (None)
    Storm at your Ivory Gate: Destroy the Byzantine Empire (achievable once). If Byzantium falls below 100 realm size and lacks Constantinople that is sufficient. 3 points, awarded to a player holding the Byzantine Empire at conversion if it still exists. (Dragoon brought it below 100 Realm Size, Vaniver Destroyed it)

Drunk on Suttung's Mead: Reform your faith. (You may rename appropriately if the faith is not Germanic.) 5 points. (Kom)
    Great Holy Warrior: Win a GHW for a kingdom with a holy site of your faith. 1 point. (Kom)
    Plots Spanning Years: Conquer an Abrahamic Kingdom with a Prepared Invasion. 1 point, achieveable once per kingdom. (Kom)
    Saoshyant: Gain the Zoroastrian title. 10 points. (None)
    Empire of the Sun: Form a Zunist Empire 10 Points (None)
    Return of the Old Gods: As an unreformed pagan, defeat and remove the reformed version of your faith from the map. 10 points. (None)
    March of the Heracleidae: As Hellenic, take all old Greek lands (Greece, Egypt + Western anatolia) and replace the primary religion in the area with hellenism. 15 points. (None)
    Zionist Occupation Government: Form Israel as a Jewish nation. Can't start in the Levant for the achievement. (Alternate names for heresies: The True Followers Land (Samaritan). 10 points. (None)
    Rekindle the Fire: As Manicheanism, retake Persia, Mesopotamia, and the Levant and remove any competing religions from these provinces. 20 points. (None)
    Sea King: Become Sea King. 3 points. (Kom)

Control Points: Becuase of the 'Must Hold Directly' We should check the title history for these

Relevant Dates:
    869 969 1069 (Conversion Date 1106?)

3 points awarded upon conversion if your dynasty holds at least half the kingdoms in a set, and nobody else is eligible; ie in a set of four you must hold at least two, and nobody else can hold two. The intent here is to bias historical rivals against each other, for example German Players and French Players are both incentivised to go after Lotharingia and Frisia.

Brytenwalda: England(G), Wales(G), Ireland(G), Scotland(Z) Golle Wins
    Le C'est Moi: France(V), Burgundy(D), Brittany(V), Aquitaine(K), Frisia(V), Lotharingia(V) Vaniver wins
    Imperator Totius Hispaniae: Andalusia(S), Galicia(V), Asturias(S), Aragon*(V), Portugal*(S), Castille*(S), Navarra(V) (Titles only count if the title had de jure land) Its a Tie, Nobody Wins
    La Serenissima: Italy(D), Sicily(D), Venice(B), Genoa(D-Liege only), Croatia(AI), Africa(D), The Papal State(D) Dragoon Wins
    Got Mit Uns: Germany(AI), Bavaria(AI), Saxony(V), Pomerania(Kom), Lotharingia(V), Frisia(V), Bohemia(Y) No winner
    AEIOU: Bavaria(AI), Bohemia(Y), Hungary(AI), Croatia(AI), Venice(B), Italy(D) No winner
    Megalia: Greece(Y), Bulgaria(H), Cyprus(R), Anatolia(H), Armenia(H?), Croatia(AI), Sicily(D) No winner
    Ragnarok: Sweden(Kom), Norway(Kom), Denmark(Kom), Finland(AI?) King of Men wins
    The Sjem: Pomerania(AI), Poland(Y), Lithuania(Y), Ruthenia, Bohemia(Y) Yami Wins
    Al Andalus: Andalusia(S), Mauretania(R), Africa(D), Aquitaine(K), Galicia(S), Sicily(D) No winner

Angelois: England, France (English, Norman)
    The Vespers: Aragon, Sicily (Iberian) No winner
    Habsburg Influence: Bavaria, Frisia, *Any Spanish Kingdom* (German) No winner
    Danelaw: *Any Scandinavian Kingdom*, England (Norse) No winner
    Hohenzollern: Germany, Sicily (German or Italian) No winner
    Prussian Glory: Saxony, Pomerania, Lithuania (Prussian, Pommeranian, Saxon) No winner
    Karling: France, Lotharingia, Germany, Italy, Burgundy (Frankish, Any 4 Kingdoms) (Frankish) No winner
    Historical Anomaly: England, Greece (English, Greek, Anglo-Saxon) No winner
    Yugoslavia: Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria (Any Two) (Slavic) No winner
    Dandolo: Venice, Greece (Italian) No winner
    Gothica: Tataria, *Any Kingdom in Germania* (German, Greek) No winner
    Long Distance Relationship: Norway/Ireland/Scotland, Jerusalem (Any Culture) No winner
    From Ireland to Cathay: Ireland,Khotan/Mongolia (Any Culture) No winner
    Jarls of India: *Any Scandinavian Kingdom*, *Any Indian Kingdom* (Norse Culture Group) No winner

Vaniver
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 7:49:30 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

dragoon9105 wrote:
    Crusader: Win a Crusade or equivalent (as attacker). 1 point. (Done by Multiple, Vaniver (thrice?) Hadogei, Dragoon)
    I remember Saxony and Sweden; was there a third?

dragoon9105 wrote:
    Manifest Destiny: Remove from the map a culture that is not in your culture group; not in a culture group that neighbours yours at game start (including short ocean voyages, eg across the North Sea); and is roughly the same size as yours at game start. 5 points, to be shared if several players cooperated on the genocide. (Cultures to Check, Frankish, Visigothic, Basque, Lombard)
    All of these still exist: Lorraine, Lisboa, Viscaya, Modena.
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 8:11:44 PM
     Lieutenant General

Wasn't there an earlier crusade for Saxony? Trying to remember.
    Vaniver
    Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:56:24 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

My count of the achievements (independent counts also appreciated, as it lowers the chance of error):

Dragoon: 42=1+3+5+5+3+3+1+3+5+3+3+1+1+1+1+3
    Vaniver: 37=1+3+5+5+5+5+3+3+3+3+1
    KoM: 28=5+5+5+5+1+1+3+3
    Sauron: 17=5+5+3+1+3
    Golle: 14=5+3+3+1+1+1
    Ranger: 13=5+5+3
    Hadogei: 6=1+3+1+1
    Clone: 6=5+1
    Blayne: 6=-3+4+5
    Yami: 6=3+1+1+1
    James: 3=3

Did not count Storm at Your Ivory Gate, as it's not clear which way that goes. Also only counting the Crusader achievement once for me, as per KoM's ruling in the discussion thread.