Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

DEUS VULT! Options · View
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 10:33:06 AM
 Generalmajor

In lieu of repeated agression of the norse infidel against the nations of the followers of Christ, his holiness the pope has called for a crusade to reclaim the lost lands for God.

All christians are asked to participate in this most holy endeavour.

DEUS VULT!
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:35:41 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I would not dream of instructing anyone about the actions of their imaginary friends; the followers of the religion of slaves are certainly free to ascribe whatever exhortations they choose to their White Christ. But as for aggression, I will point out that I only attacked Bohemia after they had slandered my merchants for the second time. I would like to suggest that this is an impressive display of saintlike patience; you are please to notice that Bohemia's covert actions are interfering with my profits.

Finally, "in lieu of" means "instead of". Probably the phrase wanted was "in light of".

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
LordSauronOfHertfordshire
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:39:43 AM
 Optio

Erm, Yami, don't need to burst your bubble, but I'm the only other player in the game currently, except maybe Ziro, that follows the Pope, perhaps he is not the power you want to call upon.

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 6:02:00 AM
 Generalmajor

Aint just bohemia that I'm referring to. Your increased activity in russia and Your attack on the papal states to name a few.

And I believe so. Thanks for the correction.
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 6:03:10 AM
 Generalmajor

LordSauronOfHertfordshire wrote:
Erm, Yami, don't need to burst your bubble, but I'm the only other player in the game currently, except maybe Ziro, that follows the Pope, perhaps he is not the power you want to call upon.

Well, I already called a crusade ingame, so thought i'd keep the theme going. Especially since we wont have religious wars in europe.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 7:01:06 AM
 Legatus legionis

Yami-Yagari wrote:
Aint just bohemia that I'm referring to. Your increased activity in russia and your attack on the papal states to name a few.

Well, I see your point, but what you fail to consider is that those minors had it coming.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
laxspartan007
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 10:30:27 AM
 Corporal

As the leader of the Sunni Faith, Ships will be sent to combat the crusade, wherever it may be!
King of Men
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 6:17:07 AM
 Legatus legionis

Without wishing to disrespect the tunic-men more than we disrespect the followers of the religion of slaves, does the Leader of the Faith even have vision on Europe? A commitment-in-principle to combat crusades is a fine thing, but all the more effective if you know where the crusade is.

Read my blog.
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2018 8:55:49 AM
 Generalmajor

laxspartan007 wrote:
As the leader of the Sunni Faith, Ships will be sent to combat the crusade, wherever it may be!
i'd like that very much, if only to get a good laugh in discord when your army and fleet die due to attritiin Smile)