Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Test-session experience Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 1:53:30 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Let's gather suggestions based on the test session in this thread. Here's what I remember, please add anything I missed:

• Should artillery be nerfed so pure-artillery armies are not reasonable?
  • Decrease mobilisation?
  • Add subsidies back into the mod?
  • Cores - nobody should have enough foreign cores for "Liberate Country" to be a "Kill this Slot" CB; on the other hand Khazaria and Medina should have something releaseable.
  • Make the 'Free People' CB cheaper.
  • Nerf the damn rebels, gah.

Read my blog.
    Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
  • Mark0628
    Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 2:16:23 AM
     Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership Medal

King of Men wrote:
    Let's gather suggestions based on the test session in this thread. Here's what I remember, please add anything I missed:

• Should artillery be nerfed so pure-artillery armies are not reasonable?
  • Decrease mobilisation?
  • Add subsidies back into the mod?
  • Cores - nobody should have enough foreign cores for "Liberate Country" to be a "Kill this Slot" CB; on the other hand Khazaria and Medina should have something releaseable.
  • Make the 'Free People' CB cheaper.
  • Nerf the damn rebels, gah.

• subsidies i support other than that i don't feel its needed subsudies just for quality of life because if not it just turns into a upgrade all the factories game
    King of Men
    Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 4:56:01 AM
     Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I propose we change the rebels as follows. Currently we have:

Code:

REDUCTION_AFTER_RISEING = 0.0, -- After a pop spawns a rebellion, its militancy will be reduced this much
            REDUCTION_AFTER_DEFEAT = 3.0, -- After a rebellion is being defeated in combat, its pop militancy will be divided by this number.

Let's increase that defeat to 5, meaning mil will go from 10 to 2. I would also consider making the rising reduction a solid 3, to avoid the stupid chain rebellions where you get more rebels while still dealing with the first lot. Thoughts?

Also it would be interesting to figure out what these do:

Code:
    POPULATION_SUPPRESSION_FACTOR = 0.0, -- controls base pop size for factor of supression/radicalness cost. zero  disables the feature and jsut uses radicalness
        POPULATION_MOVEMENT_RADICAL_FACTOR = 300,
        NATIONALIST_MOVEMENT_MIL_CAP = 3.0,
        MOVEMENT_SUPPORT_UH_FACTOR = 3, --  3x means 30% country support equals full UH support

The comments are not entirely illuminating to me; anyone else grok them? That said, I wonder if that radical factor can be tweaked so suppression actually does something.

Read my blog.
    Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
    James Craig
    Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 10:12:27 AM
     1st Lieutenant

Please for the love of god nuke the rebels. They have always been the worst part of this game >=(

Vae Victis!