Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Gearing up for multiplayer Options · View
Ederon
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:51:09 PM
 Field Major

Ok, I'll try to sum in short what needs to be done in order to be able to play P'dox games. You may want to look at threads on this topics posted on their forums:

• Step By Step Router Setup
  • Router/Firewall FAQ
  • Router configuration library

So, basics. You need to forward ports. That means tell your router that any traffic coming to those ports should go to you PC you play on. It's usually done via browser where you enter your router's IP address (192.168.1.1, 1.0.0.138 and similar, trz to look for this address in router's manual). There, look for port forwarding or sometimes NAT (my case).

Ports you need to forward:
    2300-2400
    28800-29000
    47400-47700

In practice, you need just few of these. I use 2300, 2301, 2302, 2303, 2304, 2305, 28800, 28801, 28802, 28803, 28804, 28805, 47624.

You need further assistance, refer to this topic. See you online Smile
  • sonofliberty
    Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:15:11 PM
    Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

All right, I think I see what I did wrong. I need to try again.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
    sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:32:03 PM
    Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

I finally have a minute to get back to this router issue, I need the global port range and base host port number for the game on v-net. Can anybody give it to me real quick?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:40:14 PM
    Free Man

Lord Ederon wrote:
    Ok, I'll try to sum in short what needs to be done in order to be able to play P'dox games. You may want to look at threads on this topics posted on their forums:

• Step By Step Router Setup
  • Router/Firewall FAQ
  • Router configuration library

So, basics. You need to forward ports. That means tell your router that any traffic coming to those ports should go to you PC you play on. It's usually done via browser where you enter your router's IP address (192.168.1.1, 1.0.0.138 and similar, trz to look for this address in router's manual). There, look for port forwarding or sometimes NAT (my case).

Ports you need to forward:
    2300-2400
    28800-29000
    47400-47700

In practice, you need just few of these. I use 2300, 2301, 2302, 2303, 2304, 2305, 28800, 28801, 28802, 28803, 28804, 28805, 47624
  • Do I need to set each of those individually?

Ederon
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:42:27 PM
     Field Major

Ron, all you need is those ports (or ranges if you can set it up on your router) I posted above. I had to set them one by one because my own router doesn't allow me to specify ranges. But if yours does, go with ranges.
    sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:48:33 PM
    Free Man

Lord Ederon wrote:
    Ron, all you need is those ports (or ranges if you can set it up on your router) I posted above. I had to set them one by one because my own router doesn't allow me to specify ranges. But if yours does, go with ranges.
    My router allows ranges, but my firewalls require specific portsBanghead

Ederon
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:52:22 PM
     Field Major

sonofliberty wrote:
    My router allows ranges, but my firewalls require specific portsBanghead

Go with my setup then.
    sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 6:29:44 PM
    Free Man

Since that was not working, I enabled global rip. Can we try that?

Gen.Schuermann
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 7:11:47 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

We are already playing. If ya got time, stop by in VNET for the next drop of ours.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
    sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 8:18:25 PM
    Free Man

I have been back 3 times, I did not see the game. listed or your names. Are they not listed while actually playing?

Ederon
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 8:55:15 PM
     Field Major

sonofliberty wrote:
    I have been back 3 times, I did not see the game. listed or your names. Are they not listed while actually playing?

No, just before kickoff.
    sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 9:13:55 PM
    Free Man

Lord Ederon wrote:
    No, just before kickoff.
    Ok, I will keep looking.

sonofliberty
    Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 9:21:47 PM
    Free Man

How late are you guys playing?