Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Notable modifications/ideas (HoI2) Options · View
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:55:29 PM
 Field Major

I'd like this topic to be linking everywhere, where interesting ideas appear about how to enhance HoI2.

Adding realism to the puppets
I moticed this one recently, ideas about how to make puppets little more realistic, quite interesting and viable imo:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329943&page=1&pp=20
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:05:45 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

This is what I play now.
Armageddon CCIP+SMEP+DAIM+Scandinavia+New Nations Pack

here is the link

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:27:00 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

For me possibly one of the most promising and simple MP modifications we have uncovered is reducing the "cancel_trade_threshold" to the game start "ai" files for the East is Red mod, from "2" to "1". We are only a little bit into a game based on this model, and how it will effect the game overall has yet to be seen, but on first glance it seems to eliminate extremely unrealist and disadvantageous trades with the "ai" nations, and will very likely make any kind of trade/supply exploiting very difficult to pursue as a strategy in MP.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:35:54 AM
 Field Major

HoI3: Build Your Own Division
Not a mod or something for HoI2, but definitely interesting idea for next patches/game.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276121&page=1&pp=20
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 5:02:07 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
HoI3: Build Your Own Division
Not a mod or something for HoI2, but definitely interesting idea for next patches/game.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276121&page=1&pp=20

Very nice idea, would like it really much.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:42:48 PM
 Field Major

Hytzon
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:03:20 PM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I have seen some of those ideas before and while I like them, I think the game would become to complex. To include guns, tanks, fighters and so on in an equiptment pool, will really make the game hard to grasp. The IC is already an abstract number, not based on actual hard industrial output numbers, which seems to work okay. Biggest problem is the possibility of using them all to produce for example BBs as Germany, while it couldn't have been done historically. I think HSR has made an event to counter this, as it checks how many ships the user has in production and punishes him if its to many.

I like the naval brigades giving percentage bonusses, instead of numbers. Giving each ships some abilities could also work, but it has to be thought trough. His idea about spying and how to streamline it is also good, but any change from the current situation would be an improvement anyways Big Grin

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Ederon
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:15:37 PM
 Field Major

I think that equipment pool is generally good idea, important is to what detail it goes. I like the ability to get enemy equipment from encirclements etc. But not building tanks by name. It'd be just "read-only" detail, that can help model some things better.
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:15:35 PM
 Field Major

Can it be implemented that technology is unlocked just after you produce at least one unit of preceding model?