Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Sunday Game AAR Options · View
von_Bock
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:24:13 PM
 Major

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

lol I like how you guys are making a big deal about loosing 20 divisions?

you temporarily take the unidustrialized southern US for what a month?

I hope thats worthing loosing your navy, convoys, and 20 divisions over

"The pen is mightier then the sword and I just got defeated by both" Ryan W.
Anders
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:47:09 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

vB. To invade you, AGAIN, is PRICELESS.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
von_Bock
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:51:35 PM
 Major

Anders wrote:
vB. To invade you, AGAIN, is PRICELESS.
being invaded and being defeated are 2 different things

thats like Schuerman saying, invading soviet again is PRICELESS!

it really doesnt bother me that you did it, it bothers me that you and sol dont seem to be able to comprehend how stupid of a move it was lol

sonofliberty
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:03:47 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

von_Bock wrote:
being invaded and being defeated are 2 different things

thats like Schuerman saying, invading soviet again is PRICELESS!

it really doesnt bother me that you did it, it bothers me that you and sol dont seem to be able to comprehend how stupid of a move it was lol

From a purely game mechanics point of view, your argument has merit. What you don't seem to understand is that I play for the fun of it. I am not what we called back when I played d&d a "Min/Maxer". Those people got thier joy from "beating the system". I can play like that, but in the long run it is not much fun. I am playing for fun, not to exploit game mechanics. I certainly don't need to win so badly that I check saves;-)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
von_Bock
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:10:55 PM
 Major

sonofliberty wrote:
From a purely game mechanics point of view, your argument has merit. What you don't seem to understand is that I play for the fun of it. I am not what we called back when I played d&d a "Min/Maxer". Those people got thier joy from "beating the system". I can play like that, but in the long run it is not much fun. I am playing for fun, not to exploit game mechanics. I certainly don't need to win so badly that I check saves;-)
lol that seems like a way to justify the realization that you fucked up.

What is so exploiting about taking out convoys???

Germany did the same to UK in real life,

I am going to go out on a limb and make 2 bold gaurentee's for next session

1) USA will be completely liberated and every single unit that stepped foot on USA mainland will be whiped out

2) Every single Japanese Convoy will be gone and his whole empire will starve to death

Ederon
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:15:01 PM
 Field Major

von_Bock wrote:

Germany did the same to UK in real life

I think it's more about the fact that if US leadership let Japan (or anyone) land on US soild their resoning that they were just louring enemy into the trap would not be taken with understanding. And this is something more - enemy lands and sweeps through the country.
sonofliberty
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:20:50 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

von_Bock wrote:

Germany did the same to UK in real life
I want you to step away from the game mechanics for 1 minute. Consider what would have happened IRL if the axis had landed and did what we have done. Yes the population would have rallied and thrown us out, that is a given. However the president and senior military leaders would have thier heads handed to them. You would be out of power. This is called the role playing aspect of the game. If this game was solely about game mechanics, I would not play japan at all under these or any rules. Japan is a serious underdog. Waiting past 37 to fight the americans is stupid. I never do it as japan. If I could have played the game mechanics as you do, America would have been my puppet in 39. Along with california, texas and the csa. The rules highly favor the allies. Care to try usa vs jap in a 36 ffa?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

von_Bock
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:24:31 PM
 Major

sonofliberty wrote:
I want you to step away from the game mechanics for 1 minute. Consider what would have happened IRL if the axis had landed and did what we have done. Yes the population would have rallied and thrown us out, that is a given. However the president and senior military leaders would have thier heads handed to them. You would be out of power. This is called the role playing aspect of the game. If this game was solely about game mechanics, I would not play japan at all under these or any rules. Japan is a serious underdog. Waiting past 37 to fight the americans is stupid. I never do it as japan. If I could have played the game mechanics as you do, America would have been my puppet in 39. Along with california, texas and the csa. The rules highly favor the allies. Care to try usa vs jap in a 36 ffa?
lol imagine what would really happen, with the right to bear arms with a bunch of racist rednecks

look at dem funny eyed jappers! bang!!!!

sonofliberty
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:26:39 PM
Free Man

von_Bock wrote:
lol imagine what would really happen, with the right to bear arms with a bunch of racist rednecks

look at dem funny eyed jappers! bang!!!!
Yes that is a given, but first you would be hanging from a tree for allowing it.Thumbs Up

von_Bock
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:28:20 PM
 Major

sonofliberty wrote:
Yes that is a given, but first you would be hanging from a tree for allowing it.Thumbs Up
nah, i declare marshall law and arrest the dirty democrats, its time for the new world order!

Anders
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:29:23 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I imagine it more like this:
-Ken, there's a dirty roundeye with a gun over there!
-Yes I know. Shall we decapitate him straight away or use him for bayonet practice?

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 10:29:25 PM
Free Man

von_Bock wrote:
nah, i declare marshall law and arrest the dirty democrats, its time for the new world order!
So you defeat the fascists by becoming fascist? The fascists winLOL

Colonel
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:51:36 AM
 Hauptmann

new world order aint fascism! fascism is cruel we're democrats with no opositionBig Grin
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:06:10 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

All of this talk of the "the secret plan" is all to reminicent of Adolph in his bunker. You could just say, I screwed up, but there is compensation. True you make some good points, but you got wazooed. You don't have to pretend that getting invaded was on the menu.

Fact remains, either way Japan has extended the war by 6 month, possibly a year. All Germany has to do is get enough divisions in the west to take out your army, while at the same time fighting an agressive retreating rear-guard. Winning in the west would make defeating SU a good possibility, even if the SU makes it all the way back to the Polish border before the Allies are mopped up in France. Those 24 divisions heading back to the USA are possibly critical in this endeavour.

More bad play by USA, and it is anybodys game.

Losing Pearl Harbour... sheesh. Thumbs Up

Its not like the convoy scheme doesn't work on Wake, the Philipines, and whatever else the Japanese snatch. No need to lose Pearl, and Panama and Mobile. HA! funny.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:12:04 PM
Free Man

Excellent observations my frind.

Anders
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:47:42 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

cueball wrote:

Its not like the convoy scheme doesn't work on Wake, the Philipines, and whatever else the Japanese snatch. No need to lose Pearl, and Panama and Mobile. HA! funny.

Phillipines are Chinese. And I've lost about 1 single convoy transport the entire game.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:53:05 PM
Free Man

Anders wrote:
Phillipines are Chinese. And I've lost about 1 single convoy transport the entire game.
TRue, I let my allies havt the phillipines. I was busy taking new zealand:-d

Colonel
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:55:08 PM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
All of this talk of the "the secret plan" is all to reminicent of Adolph in his bunker. You could just say, I screwed up, but there is compensation. True you make some good points, but you got wazooed. You don't have to pretend that getting invaded was on the menu.

Fact remains, either way Japan has extended the war by 6 month, possibly a year. All Germany has to do is get enough divisions in the west to take out your army, while at the same time fighting an agressive retreating rear-guard. Winning in the west would make defeating SU a good possibility, even if the SU makes it all the way back to the Polish border before the Allies are mopped up in France. Those 24 divisions heading back to the USA are possibly critical in this endeavour.

More bad play by USA, and it is anybodys game.

Losing Pearl Harbour... sheesh. Thumbs Up

u are simply too blind to see our way of thinking, as i could confirm while chatting with u and bock some time ago, so no point in arguing as u wont listen. Stay ignorant like all the others, in the end we shall see.
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:05:03 PM
Free Man

Maybe you guys don't understand. Winning as the allies is amost a given. You have to be supremely incompetent to lose with these rules. They are totally weighted towards you. Our point is even though you should win in the end, allowing the types of attacks I am making to succeed makes you look very bad. I have not played the spartans, but ignoring reality and playing just for the mechanics of the game is not the most enjoyable way to play.

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:06:02 PM
 Field Major

Colonel wrote:
Stay ignorant like all the others, in the end we shall see.

It's not about someone being ignorant, but very different approach to the game. Your thinking in this matter is just more gamewise. That's all.
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:25:19 PM
Free Man

Lord Ederon wrote:
It's not about someone being ignorant, but very different approach to the game. Your thinking in this matter is just more gamewise. That's all.
Yes you are playing to the mechanics of the game. This is why I compared it to what I have heard of the spartans.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:51:53 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Just for a heads up, tomorrow or thursday i will take my time and shall write yet another AAR for last sunday's session. Also for Monday's session, i got that one pretty detailed.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:55:02 PM
 Field Major

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
i got that one pretty detailed.

Hehe, it's not hard to remember 30 days Thumbs Down (anyway, I'll update naval stats and post my report too)
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:50:26 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Colonel wrote:
u are simply too blind to see our way of thinking, as i could confirm while chatting with u and bock some time ago, so no point in arguing as u wont listen. Stay ignorant like all the others, in the end we shall see.

"1. P-K4 (e4)... simplest is best" -- Bobby Fischer.

The US game plan for WW2 was good enough, and it is not to hard to comprehend. Secure the center: Pearl Harbour, work out from there, look toward a favourable end game above all. If it aint broke don't fix it. The Poison Pawn variation of the Sicilian Defence is difficult and complex and without careful play white can go down hard.

The way it looks to me is that this game was a lock, now Axis has counter-play.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
von_Bock
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:33:51 PM
 Major

"von Bock (custom):hehe this is hilarious"
"von Bock (custom):look at Biloxi Miguel"
"von Bock (custom):he cant keep it supplied i have taken out so much"
"von Bock (everyone):i think they dont know yet"
"Anders (everyone): We are not enemies of the Usanian people."
"von Bock (everyone):well i come as i have taken out 316 convoys this session Smile"
"Anders (everyone): oooh, convoys..."
"Colonel_General (everyone):which u need to supply your oversea empire"
"von Bock (everyone):kind of hard to conquer when your troops have no oil or supplies"
"Anders (everyone): sure, good thing we have lots more."
"von Bock (everyone):317 now"
"von Bock (everyone):lol 317 in 2 months means you need to build 40 at a time"
"von Bock (everyone):to replace it"
"Anders (everyone): uh, 40 at a time is 4 serials."
"von Bock (everyone):no, 40 serials"
"von Bock (everyone):= 400 in 45 days"
"von Bock (everyone):thats almost the rate im taking them out at"
"von Bock (everyone):Japan can confirm the damage to his convoy pool? Smile"
"Anders (everyone): well, I consider the price worth it."