Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Rules Discussion Options · View
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:12:29 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

This thread is now open if you want to make suggestions about the ruleset in order to improve it. :-)
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:11:08 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I will make the suggestion you LOCK the rules thread, for cosmetic reasons.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:34:28 PM
 Generalleutnant

It was already done but thanks :-)
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:40:02 PM
 Field Major

Hiensen, are you playing this with up to 24 planes air stacks? Seeing you rule about basing max 1 unit per level of airbase, wouldn't 10 be just enough (and max allowed by your rules)? Anyway, what is experience from your games when it comes to this rule? How does it effectively look on the battlefield?
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:46:56 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

The Airbase rule is, as I repeatedly told Jackda and Visser, GAY ASS.
The game allows for massive deployments of air units, but with extremely low reorg-speed if the airbase is too small. This rule favours the USSR in the later game, and Germany in the earlygame. Airpower is the Allies' only advantage, since their land doctrines are crap until the 1942-doc.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:01:34 PM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
The Airbase rule is, as I repeatedly told Jackda and Visser, GAY ASS.

If you want to know my opinion, airforce is gay ass. You can't tell you bombers/fighters to fly sories over one specific province, as it used to be in hoi1. But back on topic Wink
Quote:
The game allows for massive deployments of air units, but with extremely low reorg-speed if the airbase is too small. This rule favours the USSR in the later game, and Germany in the earlygame. Airpower is the Allies' only advantage, since their land doctrines are crap until the 1942-doc.

Allies are supposed to be weak until 42 because they still emlpoy Great War style warfare - more or less.

I'd like to hear from hiensen. I'm not particulary interested in that airbase building rule, but the other one is reasonable. Just exact numbers (1, 2 or three units per level) are something that might be worth changing.
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:55:30 PM
 Generalleutnant

Lord Ederon wrote:
Hiensen, are you playing this with up to 24 planes air stacks? Seeing you rule about basing max 1 unit per level of airbase, wouldn't 10 be just enough (and max allowed by your rules)? Anyway, what is experience from your games when it comes to this rule? How does it effectively look on the battlefield?

The airbases rules are still an option, they for the players that are bored of mass clicking and want to have the possibility to divide the air in different theatres of operation.
When we are using the airbase rules we play with ZMCW checksum, that is to say maximum of air sizes stacks = 10.

In other hand we usually play with KKCW and ENCW (8 or 24 max air sizes stacks).
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:58:30 PM
 Field Major

hiensen wrote:
The airbases rules are still an option, they for the players that are bored of mass clicking and want to have the possibility to divide the air in different theatres of operation.
When we are using the airbase rules we play with ZMCW checksum, that is to say maximum of air sizes stacks = 10.

How does it look like on the battlefield with this rule in effect? I need more descriptions...write write write One Tooth Grin ;-)
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:38:34 PM
 Generalleutnant

Lord Ederon wrote:
How does it look like on the battlefield with this rule in effect? I need more descriptions...write write write One Tooth Grin ;-)

Special air rules effects on the game

Key of success are :

- hold and take as much strategic airbases as possible, the invasion of Libya,Egypt,Rhodes,Malta,Marseille,Toulouse,Crete,Chyprus,Massaua become a priority, the same purpose in the pacific where Japan have a better chance to match with USA.
- to produce a good amount of airbases in order to increase the existing ones, but we need to take care of the TC load specially germany while going into USSR
- to tech for air doctrines as much as possible, tech for the modern planes and the ones that have the higher range, FTRS,TACS,STRATS,NAVS, the CAS and INT are still usefull but for specific nations (USSR and ITA for INT, ITA for CAS for example)

-The Allies are disavantaged in France,Spain and Med since they can't get total airsup for 100% sure.
-During Barbarossa the axis are disavantaged from a lack of good airbases and cannot bomb to pieces the soviets with 40 TACS/CAS in same prov as they are used to,both side need to play smart with he air, for germany the TACS/CAS are just a suppport for the important battles.In other hand Soviet Union can do the same with his own TACS.
-In india the JAPS are not granted from having a success since UK have some airbases there and are able to stop them,as Jap I would lower my ambitions other this region if I want to avoid major losses.
-In the Pacific the fight become much more interesting since each Island become a possible threat for the opponent, more than what we see in vanilla because of airbases builds restrictions
-For a D-Day UK must extend his airbases in homeland if he wants to get airsup other Lufftwaffe
Pepsi
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:46:09 PM
 Sergeant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I don't know how you found this idea, but it's more historical

Airforce in hoi2 is too much powerfull. I think. Limiting this is better than having 150FTR in a single battle Crazy
hiensen
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:38:52 PM
 Generalleutnant

Maybe we could find out ideas to improve them,because it looks that they weaken too much the air power and make it to be more or less useless at certains theatres of operation.
hiensen
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:37:30 PM
 Generalleutnant

I removed USSR alliance with Brazil, sov can have 8 TACS, 8INT ,30 surfaceships and 40 units from this country in 41 : gamey.
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:39:37 PM
 Generalleutnant

After having seen(and done) the siegfried line completly broken in sept 39, action that ride us to mostly end the game before 1940, why not forbide UK mil control over Poland ? or France (if it's france no Fall Gelb allowed in 39 of course), this way the french units will move by themselves and not under uk orders, they will not be recuperated at Vichy event, and simulate the lack of coordination between french and english leaders.:-)

rules add suggestion :

-UK is not allowed to have mil control over Poland
or
-UK is not allowed to have mil control over France
Cohen
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2008 4:04:41 AM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 19000th Post

I'd say both of them and to not allow Axis / CW minors on west front until Vichy.

I'd add USA cannot militarize Guam (too inside Jap defensive perimeter and allows a premature invasion of Japan).

But well I'm working on a small mod for the game, feeling mostly partisans overrated, pre-teching needing to be harder, and other tweaks.

Cohen

"War is a Clash of Will, meant to be brought with maximum violence."
hiensen
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 6:21:40 PM
 Generalleutnant

A new ruleset is in process, using more Aussie's ideas and Cohen's improvements, a new dynamic will be set for the game.
hiensen
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 8:21:37 PM
 Generalleutnant

OK the New ruleset is there, new human roles and DOW mechanics to increase the game lenght and war dynamics.

Major changes :

-nat china will now be played by one human from the start at some conditions, the purpose is to give japan a real challenge in this campaign and decrease Ic whoring

-in other hand USA will not be played by human until japan declare war on allies or 1rst jan 42 for the following reasons :

->1 : Japan will have more operational units than USA at war, for USA Guam will no longer be an untakable check point from where he can start an early invasion of Japan or destruction of his convoys, now the Japs DOW will reflect a surprising attack against unprepared USA
->2 : USA will not be perfectly prepared for a war against Germany anymore, USA will need several months to stack a large enough army to make a D-Day or Husky operation while at same time he will have to deal with Japanese naval power

-USA entry in war is now more dependant on Axis actions: the more the axis break historical line earlier USA might be able to join the Allies

-one rule state that now Sinkiang and Tibet must remain neutral

-one rule state that Japan cannot dow on Netherlands if neutral

-France can now be played by human from start at some conditions, in the same time Italy can join axis at anytime after anexation of Ethiopy and axis minors if played by human can switch land doctrines

-the dissent given by the colonial event for puppeting or releasing Ethiopia will now be edited

-now CW units must remain in their respective homeland until march 40

-naval and air supply exploit are now stated by a rule that forbide to do it

I thanks Aussies and Cohen for their ideas, now before starting to whine against X or X things let test them first LOL
cueball
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 12:47:40 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

I could play with these rules.

I would comment that if you are playing with version 1.2 you might consider changing the spy limitations, since Johan says the "fund Partisans" spy mission is no longer bugged.

Just for clarity, you should probably say: 7.9 "...and the Australian VP Island possessions," unless you mean, all of Australia.

I'd feel "iffy" about France not being able to build forts, since building forts, means he can't make as many units, so this is a bit of a trade off, and a matter of a players personal style.

Also, is there and control on the Allies DOW'ing vichy?

On the whole a good job, I think combining your rules and the Aussie rules is a good way to go. Also, I think begining the game with Nat China is a good idea worth trying.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:33:29 AM
 Generalleutnant

thanks for comment I forgot to add some other stuffs and I will correct grammar for australian VP's

Also, is there and control on the Allies DOW'ing vichy? I don't understand this question
cueball
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:38:18 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Also, I made a patch that makes everything go historical, and elminates some ahistorical options, like Bulgaria claims Constanta. It does nothing else to the game, and might be useful. USSR must accept M/R for example. I have not tested it, but I thought it might be useful for people who want to play vanilla, but don't want to worry about Czech republic refusing the Munich offer.

Again, I have not tested it to see if it works 100%. I would come up as a scenario, and would only need to be on the host machine I think.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:27:54 PM
 Generalleutnant

when it's all good send it to me I think we could run with it
cueball
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 2:11:27 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

hiensen wrote:
thanks for comment I forgot to add some other stuffs and I will correct grammar for australian VP's

Also, is there and control on the Allies DOW'ing vichy? I don't understand this question

After Vichy, if Germany does not ally Vichy on what terms may USA or UK DOW Vichy, it at all, or do they have to accept the Torch option? More to the point can Allies DOW vichy to get to the underbelly of France?

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 1:49:10 AM
 Generalleutnant

Let it go as it is, dow on vichy is an event so it's fine ;-)
cueball
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 7:47:19 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I think there is a limit to the event. Something like the USA must have at least 120 divisions or something, so, it might not always fire. But I will check that.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 8:30:09 AM
 Generalleutnant

ok thanks
cueball
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 9:51:15 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok, the Torch event is pretty simple really, the event fires if USA has 120 division, and 12 tp's. It runs until 56 or something, so sooner or later USA will get the option.

Sir Winston -- 1937