Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Rules Discussion Options · View
Olen
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 12:36:59 PM
 Private 1st Class

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

sonofliberty wrote:
I think that is much too restrictive. At the speeds we generally play, no trades for seven days should be more than adequate. Also, I think even axis should have to wait until day 3 to start trading to give the ai time to "settle out" especially supply production.

I know it is, but Hiensen has added new rules recently and soon his ruleset will be 10 pages long. You would have to hire a layer to analyse it.:-d

sonofliberty wrote:
I disagree. Japan's entire reason for war was to provide itself with resources. Additionally, for japan, releasing of puppets is historical.

You are right, but Malaysia (and propably Inonesia) cannot be relesed beacouse there is a major bug, that gives you as much rares as you can convoy. It was reported on Pdox forum some time ago. An UK player created Malasia and soon he got more than 500 rares per day. I doubt they fixed in 1.2, but it should be checked.
hiensen
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 12:41:58 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

This bug doesn't really help Japan cuz he have to choose : import more rares (is it worth ?) or supply all his holdings.
About the ruleset I'm open for any suggestion to merge some rules.

0.5 : Factions Sphere of Influence: They cannot grant each other military access. Their units also cannot behave in function of the other nor operate in theathers which are too close to the other Faction due to political reasons.EU Axis-ASIA Axis and Allies-USSR are the factions mentioned.

I merged this rule and moved it to the Special Rules section
Cohen
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 4:01:52 PM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 19000th Post

I am up to test it out without the supply trick, but I feel it very very crippling for the Axis.

I'll probably try to give out a try with my fixed save that should make USA unmilkable with such trick, and other minors well ... they've a minimal impact - without hampering proper stockup of rares / oil by Axis.

Cohen

"War is a Clash of Will, meant to be brought with maximum violence."
cueball
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 10:21:03 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

How about, Germany may not ally Romania until after Vichy, if it chooses the a-historical option of giving Slovakia to Hungary?

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 10:31:54 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

that's an option
cueball
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 10:37:05 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Germany chooses the short term gain of making France easier by being able to ally Romania, but loses in the long term by losing Hungary as a super-minor in the late game war with Russia.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 11:03:03 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

cueball wrote:
Germany chooses the short term gain of making France easier by being able to ally Romania, but loses in the long term by losing Hungary as a super-minor in the late game war with Russia.
How much help does germany need against france?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
cueball
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 11:19:21 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Against France? It depends on the rules set, but it is very possible for Allies to be able to rape Italy or Germany while Germany is in Poland, if the Allies play the correct system, and the rules are not designed to prevent it, or the game is not otherwise modded. Germany has to play very accurately to prevent it. But having both Hungary and Romania in Axis before Danizg helps a lot, and you can never rely on it though, since often it changes to Social Conservative before the fall of Czecholslovakia.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 11:39:18 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Well, italy can stay nuetral until vichy ;-) Invasion from france and UK should be a real threat for germany to deal with.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

cueball
Posted: Friday, May 09, 2008 11:56:06 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It is not a matter of it being a threat. It is a matter of it being an almost unstoppable probability should the Allies do their build right.

If the Allies pile their whole army into the maginot, the Allies can be in Essen before Italy is in Marseille, should it declare war in reaction to an agressive Allied invasion of the Saar. Cutting off Germany from the Rhur valley, and severly damaging the German economy. This is the case even if the southern border is completely unmanned, which is not necessarily so since the British can move all their CW garrisons to southern France and forget about Africa, unless this is prevented by the rules or other mechanisms. Those Romanian divisions have excelent value in helping prevent this kind of thing.

In anycase, its not really my point, my point is finding ways to balance the "Fall of Czech Options". As it is now, only masochists and people interested in flavour chose the Slovakia option, and adding this rule would give a good reason for a German player to choose Slovakia and Tiso over Hungarian annexation.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:08:00 AM
Free Man

cueball wrote:
...In anycase, its not really my point, my point is finding ways to balance the "Fall of Czech Options". As it is now, only masochists and people interested in flavour chose the Slovakia option, and adding this rule would give a good reason for a German player to choose Slovakia and Tiso over Hungarian annexation.
I agree. It could make the choice one to actually one to consider. Good idea.

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:20:33 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I think this way the options would be about equal. If Romania were Social Democrat, then Germany would choose the Hungarian option for sure, if it were Paternal Autocrat, he could choose to have a lot of units immediatly or a stronger Hungarian ally later in the game. Fifty fifty choice, I think.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:21:44 AM
Free Man

Yeah, I think that should be adopted.

Ederon
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:26:27 AM
 Field Major

I agree that giving player another incentive to choose Tiso option is good idea, especially when it's backed by reasoning cueball presented.
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:33:26 AM
Free Man

Well cueball, how about posting the altered event? Let's see exactly what you have in mind. I think this would be an easy sell for any of our groups.

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:36:11 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I was thinking of it as a rule, but making it event driven could be as simple as....

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:37:56 AM
Free Man

Well, I was thinking of making it part of the munich 2 event train. As the event proceeds, you can take one path or the other.

Ederon
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:38:40 AM
 Field Major

cueball wrote:
as simple as....

(Re)seting neutrality of Romania? Changing their regime?
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:45:04 AM
Free Man

cueball wrote:
I was thinking of it as a rule, but making it event driven could be as simple as....

ederon wrote:
(Re)setting neutrality of Romania? Changing their regime?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:47:30 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Setting Romania's nutrality to 200 at start, and then changing this event to add the code in the 9th line:
Code:

################
# Romania lowers neutrality to join Axis
#############################################
event = {
    id = 29026
    random = no
    country = ROM

trigger = {
        ai = yes
        atwar = no
        OR = {
                                                exists = SLO
            war = { country = GER country = HUN }
            war = { country = GER country = SOV }
            event = 2700 # Claim Bessarabia
            event = 2702 # Vienna Diktat Denied by Germany
            AND = {
                owned = { province = 434 data = SOV }
                owned = { province = 435 data = SOV }
                owned = { province = 230 data = SOV }
                owned = { province = 433 data = SOV }
            }
        }
    }

name = "AI_EVENT"
    style = 0    

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
    offset = 1
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1948 }

action_a = {
        command = { type = ai which = "switch/Neutrality_Change.ai" }
    }
}

This would mean that Romania might even join Axis if Social Conservative. I'd have to check out the event system for Romania more thoroughly, but something simple should be possible.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Ederon
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:49:45 AM
 Field Major

cueball wrote:
Setting Romania's nutrality to 200 at start, and then changing this event to add the code in the 9th line:
This would mean that Romania might even join Axis if Social Conservative. I'd have to check it out.

MEM guys might be interested in this too.
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 12:51:42 AM
Free Man

I like the event. It seems reasonable.

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 1:06:57 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Lord Ederon wrote:
MEM guys might be interested in this too.

I am not sure, they have gone through some effort to make Hungary very playble as a minor... or perhaps it is Romania... in either case I think they have evolved their mod based on the idea that all players will be choosing the Hungarian Annex option (unless they are crazy) and balanced the and designed the countries with that in mind, though I it might work for them anyway. Dunno:

So yeah in a 36 you should just change the "rom_1936" or the same in the 38 to this:
Quote:

switch = no # [yes/no]
max_front_ratio = 1.2
max_garrison_prop = 0.30
min_garrison_prop = 0.20
neutrality = 200
war = 1
upgrading = 0.35
reinforcement = 0.2
strat_redeploy_threshold = 25
exp_force_ratio = 0.0
exp_force_ratios = {
GER = 1.0
}
no_exp_forces_to = { JAP SIA MAN VIC ITA HUN SLO BUL YUG FIN }
use_offensive_supply = no

I think that might work. I would not guarnatee it but so far I think it should work to make Romania extremely neutral up until the time Slovakia is released, It will continue to be 200 neutrality up until one of the other conditions is met, Germany sides with Romania in the Vienna Diktat, war with SU, etc. The problem might be that there is another "neutrality changing" event in there somewhere, but I have yet to find it. None of the coup events seem to have an impact on the base ai for Romania, just the government.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 1:22:47 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Its actually also an event that is really only required for the host, if no one is playing Romania.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 3:34:26 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Welll I ran it through on our latest MEM game starting from the January 39 save, and it worked well.

Sir Winston -- 1937