Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Rules Discussion Options · View
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 10:53:52 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Sounds good. Which trigger set it off? Vienna? or Berserbia?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:17:10 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Any of those in the "OR" set. It would fire if Slovakia exists as well as the vanilla conditions, such as Russia controls Bessabaria, Germany sided with Hungary in the Vienna Diktat, Germany is at war with Hungary or Germany is at war with the Soviet Union. Alternately, you might make the condition be that Slovakia must be allied with Germany in the very very very remotely possible case where Slovakia is released by someone else.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:19:01 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

cueball wrote:
Any of those in the "OR" set. It would fire if Slovakia exists as well as the vanilla conditions, such as Russia controls Bessabaria, Germany sided with Hungary in the Vienna Diktat, Germany is at war with Hungary or Germany is at war with the Soviet Union.
Yes, I know. I was curious as to which one set it off in your game.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:22:36 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Oh. Accepting the Slovakia option in the "Fall of Czech". Romania's neutrality dropped the next day from 200 to 95. I tried it the other way and Romania remained neutral.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:23:44 AM
Free Man

Sweet. Did they easily join as a democracy? What was your alliance chance that day?

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:25:47 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well actually, it took a while because I had not been influencing them prior to the event, like I normally would, but I once I got them up to 110 relations it was getting better.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:27:50 AM
Free Man

Ok, that makes sense. Did the event changes change your checksum?

cueball
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:35:51 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

None of the event modifications change checksum. In fact, this even actually only needs to be in the host computer. So no one else would have to DL it. In fact, the EIR system was designed so that it could be played set up in the vanilla checksum, but unfortunately it does require a DL because the event pop-ups need to be on both the host and the client machine.

Sir Winston -- 1937
KngTigerII
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:30:21 PM
 Corporal

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Hey Buddy Hiensen! I just printed your rules and I'm going to get myself re-aquainted with them. Count me in for your Sunday Mem Mod game.......TY! :-) What countries are free btw?
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:14:48 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

okies you're welcome ;-)
it seems that we continue our current sunday game with zblv join up we need more players as minors
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:48:45 PM
Free Man

hiensen wrote:
okies you're welcome ;-)
it seems that we continue our current sunday game with zblv join up we need more players as minors
We are? Cool. But mem after that, right?

hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 12:30:50 AM
 Generalleutnant

yes
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 6:03:24 PM
 Generalleutnant

Olen idea : I've deleted the rule that says Amphibious landing is unlimited, cuz if it's unlimited is it a worth to keep this rule ? LOL If someone ask, easy to answer.
hiensen
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2008 1:18:50 PM
 Generalleutnant

I merged the rulesets as we don't really need the old ones anymore.

Dan
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:04:29 AM
 Oberleutnant

1. isnt it too easy for germany being allowed to break the mr pact and attack the ussr mid 1940?

2. and shouldnt the rules on how axis can trade with the ussr be more detailed? (e.g., trades at 100 pc or?)

3. and why does germany have to wait til april 1941? maybe someone likes to attack in march or earlier...

4. and isnt it too easy for japs to take pearl harbor having an ai usa?

5. and what about a rule something like this: if allies land in europe before 1943 Germany will get + 300 manpower (VolkssturmSmile)
Cohen
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:12:59 AM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 19000th Post

I'd say more, nerf UK at first with some slider fixes and stuff.

Su and Axis trades have a fixed ratio I think, same goes for Allies.

About the '41 dateline, the factor is more weather than anything else, but I agree in '40 SU is generally very weak.

About Pearl Harbour I am quite confident USA can ship some units in time, and can eventually fight with the navy as well. Just tried it once but the Japs weren't really prepared I believe or well they have been halted at Midway.

About Allies landing in Mainland Europe I'd dare to put a new rule which requires the Allies to have certain victories in Pacific before to land in Europe against an unopposed beach (this enforces at least 1 division per beach AND at same time prevents allies to rush in Europe or just contain the Jap and go for a mass germany spanking in '41 with the Soviets). Like retake Philippines or so - which is rather doable or something like that.

Cohen

"War is a Clash of Will, meant to be brought with maximum violence."
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:24:45 AM
Free Man

Cohen wrote:
...About Allies landing in Mainland Europe I'd dare to put a new rule which requires the Allies to have certain victories in Pacific before to land in Europe against an unopposed beach (this enforces at least 1 division per beach AND at same time prevents allies to rush in Europe or just contain the Jap and go for a mass germany spanking in '41 with the Soviets). Like retake Philippines or so - which is rather doable or something like that.
I would be forced to disagree. The allies in WWII did adopt a Germany first policy. I think that should be permitted in game. Perhaps torch and or husky could be required first. However I believe A credible atlantic wall of 3 divisions per waterside province should be required of the axis, even non-beach provinces.
I have an additional Rule which should be adopted. If Hiensen is in the axis, usa must be played as human from the start. We cannot "nerf" Hiensen, but some sort of balance must be reachedTongue

Cohen
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:30:01 AM
 1st Lieutenant

Rules tend to be made by balance mostly.
It is also true in '41 we should not have then a SU capable of stopping at the border or so the Germany.
Nor a UK capable of landing in Europe.

About the team balance, I'm more confident it could be fixed by giving human minors to a side than human usa to someone since start. For Vanilla still or a tweaked vanilla like my save.

Cohen

Colonel
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:32:16 AM
 Hauptmann

lol is hiensen your god orsomething?
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:38:54 AM
Free Man

Cohen wrote:
... For Vanilla still or a tweaked vanilla like my save.
I think your usa tweak needs more tweaking. Do you mind if I make some changes and send it too you?

sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:41:39 AM
Free Man

Colonel wrote:
lol is hiensen your god orsomething?
If you are asking me, the answer is no. If you look at the spanking hiensen is giving the allies in our current game, you will see what I mean. I am in the axis, in that game. I still think that usa needs a fair shot, and most players are not as good as hiensen. I think a hiensen japan needs a human usa to balance out.

TheWretchedMass
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:46:27 AM
 Major

I tell you what sol, since its so easy to be Japan, I'll give you them and I'll take United Kingdom from the beginning and an AI USA up until war and see how you do.

I agree with Cohen, we should either allow Japan to attack USSR like USA can attack Germany or give USA some stipulations in the pacific as well. I mean realistically would Japan not attack an undefended USSR with hordes for Chinese soldiers?
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:02:08 AM
Free Man

TheWretchedMass wrote:
I tell you what sol, since its so easy to be Japan, I'll give you them and I'll take United Kingdom from the beginning and an AI USA up until war and see how you do.

I agree with Cohen, we should either allow Japan to attack USSR like USA can attack Germany or give USA some stipulations in the pacific as well. I mean realistically would Japan not attack an undefended USSR with hordes for Chinese soldiers?
Did you miss the point of my post? It was about HIENSEN VS AI USA . Is it more clear now?

hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 8:16:49 AM
 Generalleutnant

Dan wrote:
1. isnt it too easy for germany being allowed to break the mr pact and attack the ussr mid 1940?

This rule have been created in order to scare the Soviet player and make him build more units than IC OR to give him some sort of punishment if he choose to embarguo the axis (they often find cheap excuses and not say they don't want but "can't trade"Wink.But we all know that more than often Germ player is looking for a challenge not a walk.

Dan wrote:
2. and shouldnt the rules on how axis can trade with the ussr be more detailed? (e.g., trades at 100 pc or?)

We got some fixed rates anyone experienced know about, for example 10 supps for 20 rares,4 supps for 4money, 8-10 supps for 100 energy..etc etc, it depends mostly on players but generally they are free to negociate a little bit.Also trades offers tends to be cheap between game partners, For example Italy that buy 20 rares for 6 supps from germany.That's also why there's isn't a really need of stated trading rates.

Dan wrote:
3. and why does germany have to wait til april 1941? maybe someone likes to attack in march or earlier...

I tried a long time ago to attack USSR earlier to gain some more time in expansion but it results in a huge org loss (because the arms need more time to move in snow or ages to cross a prov with mud) and this give enough time for soviets to dig in+ the bad weather favour the defenders.Result is often a stale at the Dnieppr river, waiting for the weather to become clear while USSR is using war CG to build more units....

Dan wrote:
4. and isnt it too easy for japs to take pearl harbor having an ai usa?

As cohen said there's surely the possibility for the USA to ship more units to the islands in time, but it need surely to sacrify some ships, deal is : keep your islands safe or keep your navy safe ?I trully think that USA navy is numerous enough to move in the seas under enemy threat if it's to man key islands, specially Pearl Harbour.

Dan wrote:
5. and what about a rule something like this: if allies land in europe before 1943 Germany will get + 300 manpower (VolkssturmSmile)

You lack mp in Friday game isn't it ? LOL

Quote:

This question have been debated a long time ago, USSR musn't be gang bang by all axis powers it has no chance to survive a year.We added war goals for Japan to reach before to be allowed dowing ussr.So it's the Allies job to defend India OR ANZAC possessions and not leave it almost undefended as the previous allies did.If the Allies choose to defend the Pacific there shouldn't be D-Day in 1941 but 1942 or 1943 as I would hope for.
Cohen
Posted: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:08:09 AM
 1st Lieutenant

Fact is, Allies can actually choose to not man India at all, and land in Germany / France in '41 as happened in the Saturday game.
And I still cannot believe how come those 50 UK tanks in France has been pushed away if not by a will of the UK Player to withdarw instead of steamrolling into Germany against a veil of 80ish minor infantries hastily repositioned.

Cohen