Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

General Discussion Options · View
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 4:10:29 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

hiensen wrote:
-AI USA set to research proper techs : prior to Industrial, Naval,Cryption/Decryption and Doctrines.
What do you mean by this? What techs do you think are more important than these? In vanilla, can the ai be set to ignore the oil, cas, and int techs?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
hiensen
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 8:50:18 AM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

-AI USA set to research proper techs : priority to Industrial, Naval,Cryption/Decryption and Doctrines.

:-)

I'm gonna ask some mates to know if that's possible without any change to the checksum
Cohen
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 4:48:23 PM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 19000th Post

The problem of USA Ai teching ships, could be that if a '41 model is teched when it is still AI, any ongoing run is updated to '41 Model.
This would mean that USA AI could have like CV5 all of sudden ending by late '41 or early '42.
So overall industrial tech, naval doc, and the int/op ones are fine to be prioritized. Also naval units except the carriers could be done I believe. As an easier way to go instead of picking directly the techs, you can assign a preset ratio of techs to be teched.
Like 5 industrial to 5 in naval docs to 2 in infantry etc etc.
The techup priorities are definable by the save still and I can fix those for my '36 scenario for USA.

I've did some new other fixes right now which are:

SU having embargo on Axis Minors (or better the opposite).
Slider change to balance off the C.Planning - Free Trade total unbalance:
UK S.Army Slider to maxed Drafted Army.
Germ S.Army Slider to maxed Professional Army.

I'm againts anything which can hamper the Axis materials stockup on the other hand.

The AI Builds for IC are set to end in '40, given Aussie and Canada aims to 4th tech team eventually. Still a human player can change them
USA AI Build for IC also ends in '40, but also depends on the gearups for the most.

About the events, this instead to be made via the save, is meant to be an edit of the events which are on the computer of the Host. Easily doable as well. Just taking a lot of time.

Cohen

"War is a Clash of Will, meant to be brought with maximum violence."
hiensen
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 2:17:02 PM
 Generalleutnant

It took me long time to notice this post One Tooth Grin
That's cool if you can do that in your save, once this is done u could post the save somewhere so we can use it for the games.
Btw I'm not against an USA with CV's V I don't see the problem because at least with such naval power USA could try to come there in the Pacific to fight.LOL

What do we do tonight ? Dunno what to sticky for tonight's game
M&M
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:35:16 PM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

sonofliberty wrote:
What do you mean by this? What techs do you think are more important than these? In vanilla, can the ai be set to ignore the oil, cas, and int techs?

you can provide specific tech IDs to be ignored if you wish. However provided that you've got most tech IDs enabled, you can just steer the direction of research by adjusting the priority assigned to infantry/naval/armour techs...etc for a more abstract control method.
kestas111
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:59:35 PM
Recruit
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Hi hiensen I would like to join any next game :-)

The smartest general in the world is the one who avoids the war!!!
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:29:47 PM
 Generalleutnant

hehe ok kestas I let you know here what's going on.
hiensen
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:02:05 AM
 Generalleutnant

Well now I'm fine with english talk using mic, TS channel or skype could be opened so I can let you hear my sexy voice for the sunday game. LOL
sonofliberty
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2008 1:03:29 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

hiensen wrote:
Well now I'm fine with english talk using mic, TS channel or skype could be opened so I can let you hear my sexy voice for the sunday game. LOL
Ok, I have TS and a mic.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
hiensen
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 1:21:56 PM
 Generalleutnant

Once we are ready I'll open those two following threads :

- Sunday Game IV Abyss saves
and

- Sunday Game IV Abyss AAR/stats; indeed I think In writing an AAR about the USNA adventures and we can post there the naval stats.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 2:07:43 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

That's cool. I will of course do something of an AAR myself. I found it quite enjoyable the last time, and maybe good AARs posted in the Pdox forums can attract more players Smile

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
hiensen
Posted: Monday, July 28, 2008 2:18:15 PM
 Generalleutnant

That's not a bad idea putting this game AAR and naval stats under spotlights.
cueball
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:16:14 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

I am going to make one observation about playing this Beta Patch in the vanilla system with intelligence system as it is set up in the Beta.

The system creates some pretty major problems in the diplomatic area of non-human countries, and has been noted, creates a-historical conflicts in some situations. Also, it makes it very difficult for mid-sized powers to conduct effective spy operations against the major powers because it is way too expensive. The large majors can also pick on the mid-sized powers.

My analysis leads me to believe that one simple modification can reduce this effect. I think, it would be wise to change the "Misc.txt" file in the db folder:

Code:
#     -IC modifier on Cost; 0 = Cost is Unmodified; 1 = Cost * base IC in target; 2 or more: if base IC in target < X, Cost = (X * Basic cost), else cost = (Basic cost * base IC in target)

Change the number 50 to 100

This will increase the cost of missions against the smaller countries so that they are closer to those of the larger countries, by increasing the minimum base cost for mission to 100, making it more expensive for missions against small and mid-sized powers, in particular protecting Italy, China, Japan, and so on.

It will not make it any cheaper for medium sized powers to spy on the large majors.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:26:25 PM
 Generalleutnant

I moved your post in a proper topic. Thumbs Up
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:51:04 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

thanks

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937