Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Issues Options · View
adam
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:55:51 PM
 Hauptmann

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Quote:
just to clarify, I am editing in Vichy because it is the right thing to do.

and how is editing pau not the right thing to do? to my knowledge as per the vichy event it's supposed to go to Vichy. this is the exact same as france giving UK say tunis and algiers so it does not get lost at vichy and UK can base air there to keep complete air sup over med. tell me what your complaint would be to this with UK? it's possible to buy these provinces from the AI so it can be done. There is no reason Pau should be owned by the french, and not go to vichy, if germany had taken it like they were supposed to...with no troops there and completely surrounded in real life it would have been considered german owned anyway...then it would have went vichy. I am not seeing where the problem is other than axis getting a cheap trick that's not considered an exploit?

love!
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:57:30 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

pff I don't care about pau even it's where I live Annonym
cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:43:37 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

adam wrote:
and how is editing pau not the right thing to do? to my knowledge as per the vichy event it's supposed to go to Vichy. this is the exact same as france giving UK say tunis and algiers so it does not get lost at vichy and UK can base air there to keep complete air sup over med. tell me what your complaint would be to this with UK? it's possible to buy these provinces from the AI so it can be done. There is no reason Pau should be owned by the french, and not go to vichy, if germany had taken it like they were supposed to...with no troops there and completely surrounded in real life it would have been considered german owned anyway...then it would have went vichy. I am not seeing where the problem is other than axis getting a cheap trick that's not considered an exploit?

I did not say it would be wrong. But, Allies making a tactical error and leaving units in Pau, just before Vichy, is different than Japan demanding Madagascar at Vichy, and blowing the whole Japanese position, and creating the specter of a Japanese "long distance war" with Vichy France that will go on for several years, possibly leading to the need for a German DOW on Vichy France, and all kinds of other nonesense.

The first merely undermines UK's position in Spain, tacticaly, the latter changes the entire Japanese strategic position, drastically. Its not even a done deal, that UK can defend Spain, should Germany decide to attack it, with or without Pau.

In anycase, if you can get Axis to agree I have no problem with it.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:04:34 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

I added to the rules: 4.5: No player will join an alliance that will result in a NAP with any country with 10 or more IC being broken, or DOW another country and cause a NAP with any country with 10 or more IC being broken .

This should have been in this rules set at start, as per our discussions in the weekend game.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:27:50 AM
 Hauptmann

Quote:
But, Allies making a tactical error and leaving units in Pau

not trying to argue because we've already resolved this as it being fine pau goes to vichy, but the reason pau did not go to vichy, is because he took every province in vichy except for pau. this resulted in germany liberating vichy, instead of it being liberated by france. since germany did not own pau, it was not included in the provinces that were to be liberated by germany at the event.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:38:26 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

In my experience, it would only go France, if Allied troops were present there at Vichy. So, in that sense it is a predictable result and could have been avoided by deleting the units, theoretically at least.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:50:14 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
In my experience, it would only go France, if Allied troops were present there at Vichy. So, in that sense it is a predictable result and could have been avoided by deleting the units, theoretically at least.

pau was empty, it worked as I explained, I am almost sure of it. since france has no return of provinces event. and yes what you're saying is correct about allied troops....under one condition only...germany is the liberator of vichy france, and not france. if france is the liberator all allied troops will die, and all of vichy will parition with 0 errors. if germany liberates it is prone to many many errors since allies are at war with germany.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:54:04 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Interesesting. France should get a return event as well.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 12:57:30 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
Interesesting. France should get a return event as well.

lol no never mind, I was talking out of my ass because of what von bock had said to me about mars. after looking seems to me it is possible to keep any province since via the event, france cedes all provinces to germany, and then germany liberates. guess the event bypassed the cedeing of provs or something because every single one but pau was taken...joyful paradox. you're right any allied division in vichy will be controlled by whatever nation, and owned by germany. this was not the case with pau though as it was empty. but yes a fail safe event for france would be nice in future.

love!
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 1:00:20 AM
 Hauptmann

command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 40 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 41 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 42 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 43 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 44 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 32 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 33 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 34 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 35 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 36 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 37 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 38 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 39 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 70 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 18 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 326 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 364 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 62 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 63 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 64 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 60 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 61 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 53 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 54 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 55 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 325 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 323 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 56 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 57 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 58 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 59 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 317 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 318 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 316 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 72 }
command = { type = secedeprovince which = GER value = 73 }

only these provinces^ is that possible to do with allied troops.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 2:18:15 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Pau, province 328 is not in that list. Rolleyes

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:16:37 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
Pau, province 328 is not in that list. Rolleyes

lol there was no allied troops in pau so this has nothing to do with pau...

and since you say that it now makes perfect sense

command = { type = independence which = VIC value = 0 } this is under france, they liberate them...I honestly think if any units are standing anywhere on vichy mainland they're dead, but it is untested. Marseilles I have tested and it will go allied if troops are left there. it's also a part of that list. pretty sure this is how it works. and any allied units standing in any of those listed provs will cause it to be german owned...except for vichy provs because they're not listed to cede with the sole exception of marseilles.

from what I am seeing what happened with pau:

france owned pau which was completely surrounded, when it liberated vichy ger owned all mainland provs so it gave nothing to vichy. the return of occupied provinces happened for germany and mainland vichy was returned with the exception of pau which was never taken nor added to the liberation of vichy since it was either 1: just too few provinces to liberate 2: it was completely surrounded and would have prevented vichy from sending convoys....

solution to fix the problem:

leave vichy event the exact same...leave german event exact same...add an event for france that acts as a backup to cede all provinces to vichy that were supposed to go to vichy...only provinces that would need to be in the event is vichy mainland, as all the other provinces are in the liberation of vichy..why I am pretty sure any allied units on any province not in that list will be deleted, because allied troops in africa are deleted if left there, and they fit just under what I am saying. so what would happen is france selects vichy france. all regular provinces go to vichy unless there are german or italian troops standing in them regardless of the province, 1 day later they are redeployed to berlin or rome if not moved and the province is ceded to vichy.. or if any allied troops are in one of those listed provinces it will go allied, like marseille is a great spot to exploit, as it is 100 infra and 10 airbases 10 ports completely safe from invasion except by sea, I propose you remove that from the list as it's a pretty cheap trick. after this france then has the event to clean up any mainland provinces that may have not been liberated because germany had them cut off from sending convoys.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:27:38 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

adam wrote:
lol there was no allied troops in pau so this has nothing to do with pau...

and since you say that it now makes perfect sense

I am agreeing, it is a Paradox error in the vanilla event. It should be there but it is not.

Commonwealth units in Vichy are generally Strat Deployed to their home territories I believe, just like when Mengucheko (or whatever it is called) is released. So not dead. I have no idea why they still control Marseille, if they have units there. However, Allied units such as Belgian ones if they are in the German part of France continue to control the province they are in, I have seen this several times.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:38:19 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
I have no idea why they still control Marseille, if they have units there

it's part of the listed provinces that cedes to germany, because when allies do keep it, it is german owned and allied controlled. this is the only vichy mainland province in that list is why it does this...that's what von bock was telling me, so I apologize von bock if you read this =].

cueball wrote:
Well. Not "Anywhere in France." In provinces wich are ceded to Germamy Allied control remains. In anycase, you are right about Pau. There were not units there.

you said it right there Wink, although I'm seeing now you may have understood most of it, just failed to notice marseille was in that list.

also while on the subject of fixing this particular event up, you need to add about 200 delete divisions to the vichy event instead of the 90? or so that are there now. france could technically leave france undefended and they would only lose 90 of their 180 divisions. troops get strat deployed back to capital rather than deleted, if france has more than 90 or so divisions at the vichy event, they may even strat deploy to africa at libraville. dunno though last few games we had all divisions were surrounded at paris.

and I think cueball had about 90 divisions when he played franceTongue

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:51:02 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Yes. Province 364 is in that list. In anycase Pau should be on that list. I am not entirely clear on the history but perhaps there is a historical reason for the Marsielle exception.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:53:14 AM
 Hauptmann

Quote:
In anycase Pau should be on that list.

how do you figure this? this means allies could leave 1 division on each vichy province and totally fuck axis with 4-5 new shores as vichy would never get it's mainland? it would be german owned and allied controlled. while vichy gets like 2 base IC and a capital only god knows where. Marseille should be removed or left whatever for historic reasons. but other than that it is done correctly. france just needs an event to cede mainland provinces to vichy the second day after the event like germany and italy have.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 4:29:14 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Sorry, you are right. The reason I thought it should be on that list is so that it would be released with the occupied territories. This would have worked here.

I still don't understand why it is not working properly though. When Vichy is released by France, it should get all of its core provinces. It did not get Pau this time, and there is no explanation for that, since any Allied troops there would have been SR'd home.

Looking back on previous games, I see that Marseille is not returned by Italy in its "return of the occupied territories" event, so there is one reason the designers might have left it in, so Italy can have control of Marseille. But in all of those, Pau is given to Vichy by France when it is released, so Pau should have gone Vichy, even if Germany occupied everything else.

Strange.

Quote:
and mainland vichy was returned with the exception of pau which was never taken nor added to the liberation of vichy since it was either 1: just too few provinces to liberate 2: it was completely surrounded and would have prevented vichy from sending convoys....

Is the AI that smart? Have you seen this elsewhere?

Real problem with this even train is that it should have fired Vichy a long time before Paris was completely surrounded like that.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:04:18 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Maybe:

Code:
event = {
    id = 2021
    random = no
    country = GER

trigger = {
        OR = {
            AND = {
                NOT = { control = { province = 56 data = FRA } } # Paris
                lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces
            }
            AND = {
                lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces
                NOT = { control = { province = 320 data = FRA } }# Vichy
                NOT = { control = { province = 364 data = FRA } } # Marsielle
            }
        }
        OR = {
            random = 25
            lost_national = { country = FRA value = 40 }
        }

war = { country = GER country = FRA }
        NOT = {
            OR = {
                year = 1942 # Year < 1941
                event = 2021
                war = { country = GER country = SOV }
                puppet = { country = VIC country = GER }
                puppet = { country = FRA country = GER }
            }
        }
    }

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:19:45 AM
 Hauptmann

Quote:
Is the AI that smart? Have you seen this elsewhere?

well looking at the save, and seeing vichy's capital located in africa supports this a lot. it seems to make sense to me that this is why, considering the programming of the event is pretty base. could test it by editing just the shores to german control, and the province of vichy itself. pau is also a useless province, I think the AI is that smart.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:22:59 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Yes, maybe provinces that are not "in supply" are not recognized as part of your country in the AI's mind. Perhaps that is the way the AI makes a province not "in supply" as a game mechanic. Therefore, if it is not part of your country, you can not cede the province.

The way you could check that maybe would be to load up France, and try and give Pau away to UK, or something.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:25:25 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:

Real problem with this even train is that it should have fired Vichy a long time before Paris was completely surrounded like that.

OR = {
random = 25

it's there hiensen just didn't get lucky enough, maybe increase the lost national value and take out the randomness for future

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:30:12 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Scratch that. I know what it is.

You can not give provinces, or recieve provinces, that do not have a land connection to the nations capital. This is a known issue. Thus when Vichy was released, its capital ended up somewhere way far away on the board, not in Pau, and so Pau remained with France.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:32:08 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

adam wrote:
OR = {
random = 25

it's there hiensen just didn't get lucky enough, maybe increase the lost national value and take out the randomness for future

Did Italy control Vichy?

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:35:55 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
Did Italy control Vichy?

well I looked at your new corrected event, and you have everything fixed correctly now...old event was set paris must fall

but wouldn't it be

trigger = {
OR = {
AND = {
NOT = { control = { province = 56 data = FRA } } # Paris
lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 } # At least 25% of national provinces
}
OR = {
lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 } # At least 25% of national provinces
NOT = { control = { province = 320 data = FRA } }# Vichy
NOT = { control = { province = 364 data = FRA } } # Marsielle
}
}

doesn't having the AND make it have to meet both of those qualifications?

Quote:
You can not give provinces, or recieve provinces, that do not have a land connection to the nations capital. This is a known issue. Thus when Vichy was released, its capital ended up somewhere way far away on the board, not in Pau, and so Pau remained with France.

well if that was the case how does vichy france get all of africa and madagascar and other islands when their capital is at vichy?

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:40:19 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Yes, you are right, i can't figure it out.

Yes, Vichy and Marseille, the AND qualifies that both conditions must be met. In any set however, the default value is AND, OR mean any of the following conditions, NOT means NOT any of these.

So the first set, is the original set from the vanilla event, so the event needs both of those condition, even if AND is not specified, since it is the default value for the set defined as "trigger". Since I want, either of these two sets to be functional using an OR, I must define the first two conditions, and the alternate conditions, with an AND to indicate they must all be met in those sets.

Sir Winston -- 1937