Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

After Action Reports Options · View
adam
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:06:36 PM
 Hauptmann

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

United Kingdom

The early years were hard for UK. They really didn't accomplish anything at all but keeping the peoples of the kingdom happy and barely increase industrial output. 1938 after the bastards in germany made austria a part of the reich. Serious Improvements began being made to industry, and later the same year with the taking of china, even more industrial improvement began Devil . It's now November 1939. Chile, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuala have joined the Allies. Germany sits across the rivers from paris. The state of their army is not known to UK since they along with canada were valiantly defending ghent and Lille, when france magically decided it was best to not inform anyone and pull back to paris. UK is very angry at the french people for this low and cowardly act as if germany has a paratrooper UK may have the historical capture of troops at dunkerque. But other than this surprise, the war is falling right into what UK has hoped and prepared for. We only now hope we can execute those long thought out plans. Italy still remains neutral. Japan has begun an industrialization program after china. USA still only has 75 useable ICLOL . There has been no news from the comintern front for many months since the failed attempts of anthony eden, to form an alliance between republican spain and comintern in hopes of having them safeguard their Mediterranean key gibraltor. Submarines of Germany have been spotted in numerous amounts and have been dealt with swiftly and firmly. We hope Germany gets the picture. Sergeant I own the seas Tongue

love!
sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:49:56 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

adam wrote:
United Kingdom

[center]
USA still only has 75 useable ICLOL
How the fuck did that happen?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
adam
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:00:07 PM
 Hauptmann

sonofliberty wrote:
How the fuck did that happen?

they start in 1936 with 56 IC IIRC. part of east is red peacetime modding. same amount of base IC as in vanilla though. Also the AI uses consumer goods - 20 minister, instead of the IC+5 industrial +10 minister like what players normally use.

love!
cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:05:55 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Actually it gets more or less regular gearing, the big 25% jump at Vichy has not fired, yet. Mostly, its the Isolationism sliders that are changed, plus it get an extra -10 peacetime IC mod, as with France and UK for EIR. What has changed is it goes over to its second ai war build paramaters at Danzig, not at Vichy. This is part of my attempt to get it to build more units earlier, before it goes human. I took a peak and it seems to be working, a little.

It will be better after Vichy.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:51:21 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Also for the record:

Quote:
name = "Geofactor (custom):winning in saar?"
name = " hiensen (everyone):you lucky subs embarked"
name = "Cueball (custom):I dont expect you to accept"
name = "19:00 October 28, 1939 : Japan declined the diplomatic deal suggested by us."
name = "Cueball (custom):lol"
name = "KngTigerII (custom): draw back towards paris"
name = "0:00 October 29, 1939 : The attachment to 3. 'Tihookeanskaya' Strelk. Div. has been upgraded to Basic Artillery."
name = "Cueball (everyone):can you let his subs go?"
name = "Cueball (everyone):if they are embarked?"
name = " hiensen (everyone):it's np"
name = "adam (everyone):well"
name = " hiensen (everyone):my fault"
name = "adam (everyone):wtf is embarked?"
name = "adam (everyone):Tongue"
name = "adam (everyone):I just see subs"
name = "adam (everyone):and kill"
name = "adam (everyone):very simple logic"
name = " hiensen (everyone):I just did retreat one hour too early" name = "adam (everyone):;x"
name = "Cueball (everyone):ok adam"
name = "Cueball (everyone):Italy may remeber this"
name = "adam (everyone):but yes I will let them go"

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:56:46 PM
 Hauptmann

Quote:
name = "KngTigerII (custom): draw back towards paris"

lol and about 2 seconds later amiens fellyay

love!
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 1:41:11 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

adam wrote:
they start in 1936 with 56 IC IIRC. part of east is red peacetime modding. same amount of base IC as in vanilla though. Also the AI uses consumer goods - 20 minister, instead of the IC+5 industrial +10 minister like what players normally use.
I thought wif was bad. They give a -80% ic penalty. However they give a more realistic base ic of 317 IIRC. Considering the usa needs around 42 ic for cg(maybe 36 or so with the cg minister) the ic restrictions put the usa on par with argentina or guanxi clique for industrial output. Totally unrealistic imo.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

cueball
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 2:07:43 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

The USA in 1938 had the 38th largest army in the world after Portugal.

USA starts with 85% IC deficit. It already has the second largest navy in the world. Unlike Vanilla, it starts doing it wartime build in 1939 at Danzig, rather than after Vichy, which is historically right.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:38:07 PM
Free Man

cueball wrote:
The USA in 1938 had the 38th largest army in the world after Portugal.

USA starts with 85% IC deficit. It already has the second largest navy in the world. Unlike Vanilla, it starts doing it wartime build in 1939 at Danzig, rather than after Vichy, which is historically right.
Did they also have the 38TH largest ic base? You already penalize the usa with the 85% ic base, then you command the ai not to build any ic? You don't even give them a more realistic ic base? The army size is realistic, I agree. The navy is also. I don't know how you structure your gear ups, but you definitely seem to dislike the usa.

cueball
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 6:41:35 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well, I am not really interested in IC base, but actual production results.

The IC system is an abstraction fundtamentally. Trying to tie everything into IC and then working down from there would be fruitless I fear, especially if you could not fundamentally change the game. For example, if you really wanted to emulate USA IC, you would have to do something like keep the peace_time_ic mod operational all game, since USA never invested anywhere near the percentage amount of GDP to the war that UK, or even Canada did during the war. Otherwise you could also probably play around with economic forms as well, but all these things have really simple parameters, and are not really "realistic." So, USA was a "free Market democracy" and UK was a "free market democracy" but how do represent that total commitment to the war effort that the UK made, in comparison to the USA real commitment?

In game terms, how would I give UK and accurate comparative IC base, in comparison to the US IC base, and still come up with production figures that emulated actual production? Sure I can adjust that by using the Peacetime_IC_mod, but when the war is on the USA's gloves will come off, and it will be mega-huge way beyond anything that it actually did during the war, in terms of real commitment, I think.

So these things are simplified for gameplay purposes.

Since it is essentially a war game with economic features, and not an econmics game with war features, the starting point I think should be devising things so that the actual production is emulated and not to get stuck on abstractions such as IC comparisons, since the game isnt refined enough to do any of that real justice.

Am I saying you guys didn't pull your weight in the war? Yes! Do I blame you? No. I blame Johan, as always.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:47:40 AM
 Hauptmann

Sank Ships:

Axis:

German: 34

Italian: 14

Japan: 0

Allied:

UK: 3

France: 8

Canada: 0

Kills By Country:

Allied:

UK: 31

France: 7

Canada: 1

South Africa:

Netherlands: 3

Venezuela:

Axis:

Germany: 10

Italy:

Japan:

love!
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:20:10 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I felt a little bad unleashing the mod on Greg and in the difficult Japanese postion without any practice time, but Geo had to host his other game, and we needed to start so Greg offered to take on Japan. He has a difficult time with the China war, and the new combat dynamics are quite a bit different that vanilla so its not suprising there were some difficulties.

That said, I haven't actually played through the China war in the mod in some time and not since I changed the combat system. I have watched the AI defeat China several times (not every time!), so I felt confident it was doable. Nonetheless, I went through it after the game, and came up with a very hard won victory in mid 1939. It was by no means a cake walk, which is what we wanted anyway.

I did some screenies to show the approach I took.

For build I decided that my objective was to do this without building any infantry, to build some IC, and quickly get Mountaineers, which would be the only land unit I would build in the throughout the war. I build a few new artillery, no new aircraft, and started a long serial of Mountaineers as soon as I had the tech, I started a long serial of CL's which I like to do in a long game. As much as possible I wanted to replicate a build that would get me into the Pacific war in style. Everything else I spent on IC and upgrading.

I put my intelligence IC minister in as soon as January 1 1937 hit, and was also using the IC/industrial research minister. I kept my + 10 defensive Army minister in place and went with Crush this coup at 2/2/6 -- its historical and I am not a fascist so why not? I took all the garrisons off the Island, and repatriated everything back to the Home Islands to save on supply, using logistics leader as is the usual Japanese plan. As Marco Polo rolled around I loaded up the Shanxi border with my troops and my puppet troops, deploying groups of nine garrisons on each border province to help stabilize the position and give my mobile units free reign to do the fighting.

I did not get Marco Polo to July, and also waited for about 2 weeks before Shanxi entered the war on the side of Nationalist China, so I was into the middle of July 1937 by the time the IJA got rolling. At every point possible the IJN came into action in support of land operations. Rolling Shanxi was easy enough and I pocketed Bejing, having Higashiguni’s Cavalry come down the Chinese left flank and blitzing through to the keystone province of Daytong, supported by allied troops moving through Kalgan. Things started getting a little tougher at this point and I was not able to clear the mountains, or North side of the Yellow river until early November. Still I had secured the area, bringing my Island garrisons up as security for the mountain provinces as I went and the bad weather ensured that I would be able to hold on in the mountains and on the North side of the Yangtze.

I was able this way to siphon of troops for a naval invasion further south. Breaking in:

My first attempt, just south of the Yangtze but north of Nanjing/Shanghai was a no go. Because I knew that the long combat times were going to mean that China would be able to bring supporting defensive units into play rapidly, I tried the technique of landing at three beeches all at once, so that the defending units would be pinned and not able to mutually support each other. Its a good tactic, but it did not work, partly because snow hit the defending province and I was landing without marines, or even marine tech. Plus this area of China was crawling with the Chinese army.

I withdrew and started redeploying my armies south to Taiwan, since Maoming is a good landing zone, in plains I thought my luck might be better there. It was, surely but I had to rotate my attacking group three times before I finally got the Chinese to give up the beeches:

Again I used Higashiguni's cavalry to gain ground quickly, and made a secondary landing to make sure of the pocket a Guangzhou. Once the Guangzhou pocket was reduced, and given that defenses were thin, I pushed out all the way to Nanchang, and again brought my garrisons in to reinforce the inactive provinces in the line. Now having drawn off defenders from the north, and secure in the rough terrain surrounding Guangzhou, I started redeploying again to the north in expectation of reopening that front when spring arrived.

This was easier said than done, and I had to bring my main force across the Yangtze twice before gaining a foothold. At the same time, I again used the multi-beachhead assault technique to get an army group landed on the south side of the Yangtze, and this time succeeded in Qingdao. The timing was right and I managed to pocket another group of Chinese divisions here in the Shandong region:

I now had two pincers, one from the north, and one from the south, aimed at tying to together and isolating the capital region from the rest of the country. By this time the Chinese were beginning to run out of options, as between the pocket in Beijing, the pocket in Guangzhou, and the loses in Shandong region China had lost about 30 division, more or less its strategic reserve. By this point it was really only a matter of time.

There was still some heavy fighting around the capital, but I resolved the issue of the coast within about a month, and again eliminated numerous Chinese divisions in the process. The final surrender terms were met roughly a year later, on June 22nd 1939:

At this point, even if Russia decided to take advantage of the events at Khalkin Ghol, before China capitulated I would have been able to release enough forces to fight on both fronts, though it would have been tight.

In summary this was a tough but not impossible campaign. It is as hard, or slightly harder than the AI set on the maximum levels in vanilla. The main difficulty is breaking in to create the second front, and crossing the Yangtze. I started this campaign about a month and half later than normal, since the event did not fire, so there was really no hope of me gaining a crossing before winter hit, so secondary invasion was the only option. Fortunately, since most of the Chinese army was in the north, I was able to force the issue at Maoming, which basically was the turning point.

In retrospect, I might fast tech Marines if I were to do this again, even if I did not have any Marine units available, the landing bonus would be helpful. I built only Mountaineers, and also managed to build about 12 IC during this period. Long before China had officially given in, I was preparing my naval force for the future Pacific campaign:

February 1939

In my view a player could not be discredited for building an extra 9 1936 infantry, to make sure of a speedy campaign, instead of building any IC or naval units, in this mod for this campaign, though obviously in the long run the IC is nice.

Sir Winston -- 1937