Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Poll Question: Next Monday Game should be...
Choice Votes Statistics
Hearts of Iron 2 (1936/1938/...) 1 12%
Hearts of Iron 2 (Abyss/some mod) 4 50%
Victoria 1 12%
Europa 2 0 0%
Europa 3 1 12%
Crusader Kings 0 0%
Something else... 1 12%

Next Monday game Options · View
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 3:21:34 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I turned the tide in favor of Abyss!

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:39:17 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

I caved for abyss. But I'm almost equally willing to play any of the other games except CK.

boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
peng
zong
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:07:34 PM
 Field Major

Vissarion wrote:
I caved for abyss. But I'm almost equally willing to play any of the other games except CK.

How much did he pay, eh? Tongue
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:52:23 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I offered him sexual favors Tongue

Ederon
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:56:19 PM
 Field Major

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
I offered him sexual favors Tongue

Like what, night and day with your gf? Big Grin
M&M
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:56:41 PM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

YAY !
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:16:19 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
His lady is not part of the deal Schuer

peng
zong
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 10:02:51 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Lord Ederon wrote:

How naive you actually are, how childish your thoughts! I was more thinking along the lines of

THE BUTTPIRATE!

Pirate yarr

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Ederon
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:45:14 PM
 Field Major

I'm sorry, seems like I'm "too conservative" when it comes to sex Tongue
Vissarion
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 12:27:08 AM
 Lieutenant General

Wink Kiss

peng
zong
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:23:21 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Big Grin Big Grin

Geofactor
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:46:31 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

any thoughts on playing mod33?

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
Ederon
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:48:03 PM
 Field Major

Geofactor wrote:
any thoughts on playing mod33?

Do you have a link?
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:56:16 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Lol no chance in hell i am playing that piece of shit. sorry Geo, i find it to be utter shite.

Vissarion
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 5:42:58 PM
 Lieutenant General

I agree... after the pre-war phase of the marathon I don't lust for more peace-time multiplay.

peng
zong
M&M
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:22:27 AM
 General

Vissarion wrote:
I agree... after the pre-war phase of the marathon I don't lust for more peace-time multiplay.

whats it like ?
Vissarion
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:49:48 AM
 Lieutenant General

You were there. Didn't we play for a whole day without war? After Danzig it's great fun, but I don't feel the extra 2.5 years made it better, so 7 years is definetely too much........

peng
zong
Anders
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 1:14:13 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Are we starting this Monday, or should I make other plans?

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 1:22:48 AM
 Field Major

As soon as we decide what to do now, we know what comes next Monday. Your input is necessary there too.
M&M
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 1:53:25 AM
 General

Vissarion wrote:
You were there. Didn't we play for a whole day without war? After Danzig it's great fun, but I don't feel the extra 2.5 years made it better, so 7 years is definetely too much........

I was referring to mod33, what is it like?
Vissarion
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 1:59:44 AM
 Lieutenant General

M&M wrote:
I was referring to mod33, what is it like?

To be fair I only tried it once which must have been over a year ago. The deal seemed to be more techs and detail in general, and it started in 33 with Hitlers rise.

peng
zong
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:54:35 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Mod33 starts, the name says it, in 1933. Germany has a variety of choices of what to do, and what not (you can go with not electing hitler). Generally, interesting pretext.

The devil is in the details:
The techtree is ok, they didnt mess up big there. What is utterly wrong is that you have 7-8 years of possible IC buildup, especially as MP gain is ludicrous (0.05 or something pre war, and like 0.4-0.8 afterwards). You cannot really build up an army, since the MP gain is so little. You receive an army through events like a gear up. Woops, 100 units in an instant. Sucks. you cannot diversify enough, at least that was my impression as Japan. Oh, needless to say that i got 200+ BASE IC in 1937 or so. I could possibly match US IC by Dec. 6 1941, or even outproduce them. I played with Andri/Sup, he played Sweden and formed Scandi through events. He had more effective IC than germany in 1938-39. There are also a ton of events, which could really slow down the game or cause lag induced weirdness. the battle system makes the battles to last ages, long enough to let an inf stack or 2 walk around it. Interesting, maybe, and may cause utter annihilation very soon on a big front, if you dont move back quickly. Might be fun, but makes you completely rethink everything you thought you knew about the combat system. Its very Victorianesque now.

In retrospect, if we EVER touched any such mod, we should go with Mod34 instead. It is, in my opinion, more refined, more old-fashioned like vanilla hoi2, but offers a great techtree (lots of cool industrial stuff). and the evnts are better translated. The translation of the french mod33 (another reason not to play it... its french Tongue ) is just awful. Like the ran everything through babelfish. Sometimes you dont even know what the event choices do, or what the entire event is about. French sentence (sp?) structure is kept intact, and sometimes they seeminlgy didnt find the english word for something and just let the french behind. I never learned french (and i never will!), so for nonspeakers very hard to understand. While mod34 suffers the same fate of lost-in-translation, from spanish to english it works a good deal better. It must be a french thing that they gros of the people really cannot speak english at all. Mod33 is at least 1-2 years old, with the literally tenthousands of events, but went unnoticed until now because the french community is very much seperated from the rest of the world.

Also another downside of the thousands of events is that some may be buggy and went unnoticed. It may cause random weridness.

Vissarion
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:05:08 PM
 Lieutenant General

It seems certain that we'll start a new game and that it will be Abyss. We need to investigate the scenario a little and find out what countries should be filled and if we need any specific rules. For example, should we consider the ideologies so that nazis and commies don't unite or should that be up to the players? I'll check it out some more and see if I find anything else.

peng
zong
Anders
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:28:01 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

How about going with the Armageddon-alliances? Or just the Armageddon scenario instead? Or do we have a few months of enforced peace at start? In that case I want Australia.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream