Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Modification Comments -- Events Options · View
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:17:10 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Problems with Vichy event, and the surounded capital exploit could simply be avoided by rewriting the trigger for German Event 2021:

Code:
event = {
    id = 2021
    random = no
    country = GER

trigger = {
        OR = {
            AND = {
                NOT = { control = { province = 56 data = FRA } } # Paris
                lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces
            }
            AND = {
                lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces
                NOT = { control = { province = 320 data = FRA } }# Vichy
                NOT = { control = { province = 364 data = FRA } } # Marsielle
            }
        }
        OR = {
            random = 25
            lost_national = { country = FRA value = 40 }
        }

war = { country = GER country = FRA }
        NOT = {
            OR = {
                year = 1942 # Year < 1941
                event = 2021
                war = { country = GER country = SOV }
                puppet = { country = VIC country = GER }
                puppet = { country = FRA country = GER }
            }
        }
    }

This way the event will also fire if Vichy and Marseille are in Axis hands.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:51:10 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

What about an alternate events system where if Italy captures Vichy and Marsielle, Italy can grab all of the rest of metropolitan France. Germany would get its regular cores as well, but Vichy would never be formed? Syria and Lebanon would be released... and the same might be done for Algeria if that is possible.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 5:58:36 AM
 Hauptmann

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Code:
event = {
    id = 2021
    random = no
    country = GER

trigger = {
        OR = {
                lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces
            }
        OR = {
                lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces
            }
        OR = {
            random = 25
        }

NOT = {
            OR = {
                event = 2021
            }
        }
    }

isn't this the correct way? I think the way it was would mean paris, mars, and vichy would all have to be taken with the addition of 25 percent of national provs.

or it can also fire randomly when 40 percent of national provinces fall with a 25 percent chance daily.

love!
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:04:00 AM
 Hauptmann

Quote:
What about an alternate events system where if Italy captures Vichy and Marsielle, Italy can grab all of the rest of metropolitan France. Germany would get its regular cores as well, but Vichy would never be formed? Syria and Lebanon would be released... and the same might be done for Algeria if that is possible

I'd like that as long as it didn't change the rest of the world, meaning every where that was once vichy would be a nuetral minor except the mainland.

any minor is possible if you edit the revolt.txt file and add them cores there ;D

idea: if you are going to do that with italy, you could also put an alternative to release a bunch of nuetral minors for syria, lebannon, algeria, and such. then have vichy liberated as a german puppet. Although I think you would have to play around with the stuff vichy gets on it's creation as their navy is quite powerful, and might upset the flow of things for UK since they are so pressed for ships until USA joins. just an idea, as I myself as germany like to bring vichy to my alliance.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:11:14 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

adam wrote:
Code:
event = {
    id = 2021
    random = no
    country = GER

trigger = {
        OR = {
            }
        OR = {
            }
        OR = {
            random = 25
        }

NOT = {
            OR = {
                event = 2021
            }
        }
    }

isn't this the correct way? I think the way it was would mean paris, mars, and vichy would all have to be taken with the addition of 25 percent of national provs.

or it can also fire randomly when 40 percent of national provinces fall with a 25 percent chance daily.

The problem with that would be that it would think of the first set as:

OR

lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }

so it would want any of those two, AS WELL AS, any of the next three:

lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 } # At least 25% of national provinces

OR

OR

The reason it does not need the AND command defining the set function in the Vanilla event is because AND is the default value of the first set called "trigger". OR does not function as in tradition IF/AND?OR programming systems, it is not OR these coditions in the set, but OR, as in either of these two conditions. It took me a while to get used to, since I thought the other way quite naturally.

That would not be too bad really, though as an event trigger since it would have some interesting alternates, you might get the event to fire with Paris and Vichy Axis, or Paris and Marseille. Not so bad.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:20:28 AM
 Hauptmann

ok I get it now, your way is the more correct way. But my way still should have worked fine Thumbs Up

edit: ah I see now I was right. confusing stuff this. you want them to have to capture all three vichy, paris, and mar. I was thinking you were wanting an either scenario meaning you could capture a variety of objectives to make the defense of france have to be more complete and not just focused around paris.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:23:07 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Code:
event = {
    id = 2021
    random = no
    country = GER

trigger = {

control = { province = 56 data = -1 } # Paris
        lost_national = { country = FRA value = 25 }    # At least 25% of national provinces lost

OR = {
            random = 25
        }

OR = {
            control = { province = 320 data = FRA } # France controls Vichy
            control = { province = 320 data = GER } # Germany controls Vichy
        }

Here for example, it wants:

War betweem France and Germany (this would normally be at the top)
Paris to have fallen
Lost national territory at 25%

AS WELL, it wants:

25 percent chance of triggering

OR

40 Percent National Territory lost

AS WELL, it wants

France to control Vichy

OR

Germany to control Vichy (not Italy)

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:26:05 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

A lot of people think the event will also fire if Germany controls Vichy because they see it in the event, but this is not the case, what that is really about is Italy not controlling Vichy. If Italy controls Vichy then Vichy event will not fire.

The "random" continues to operate, but once all those conditions are met, and 40% of France territory is conquered it should fire anyway, even if the random 25% chance does not get "rolled."

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:33:27 AM
 Hauptmann

so why is 25% percent of national provinces even defined? from what you are telling me, and the vanilla code I see you have to have 40% to make it fire, and only then does it apply a 25% chance each day to fire.

edit: ok I got it figured out what you meant now. there's a 25% chance to fire if paris and 25% of national provs have fallen, italy does not control vichy OR it automatically fires when ger has 40% and italy does not control vichy.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:41:08 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Exactly.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:45:47 AM
 Hauptmann

well another error wrong with that event train is that italy does not gain ownership of nice, grenoble, and corsica, only control of them and them added as cores.

another thing, I saw you added an event to give ownership of singapore to japan. is there a counter event for this if allies ever reinvade singapore to give it back to UK, or do allies just have to suffer? Some UK's run very low on rare late in the game if USA cannot freely give them a shitload. Like my UK for instance will be -60 or more rare a day when singapore falls. it's kinda a top priority for me to get it back as soon as possible.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:48:33 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

They did not get that though historically did they?

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:50:22 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
They did not get that though historically did they?

no but it is part of the event that they gain those provinces if they control them. and through the event it adds the cores. So it is WAD. I just cannot understand why france still owns them?

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 6:55:56 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

You mean why the go back at the "Return of the Occupied Provinces" event?

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:00:24 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
You mean why the go back at the "Return of the Occupied Provinces" event?

Code:
event = {
    id = 2900
    random = no
    country = ITA

trigger = {
        exists = VIC
        alliance = { country = GER country = ITA }
    }

name = "EVT_2900_NAME"
    desc = "EVT_2900_DESC"
    style = 0

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1936 }
    offset = 4
    deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1999 }

action_a = {
        name = "OK" # Return occupied provinces as per agreement
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 319 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 320 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 327 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 328 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 324 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 322 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 321 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 359 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 358 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 362 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 361 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 360 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 363 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 364 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 365 }
# Not Nice    command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 366 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 528 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 529 }
# Not Grenoble    command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 527 }
# Not Corsica    command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 367 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 934 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 935  }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 936  }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 937 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 938 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 939 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 940 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 941 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 942 }
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = VIC value = 943 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 366 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 527 }
        command = { type = addcore which = 367 }

}
}

so what would need to be done is have france cede italy the provs when they cede ger the provs. only problem with that is it's going to leave grenoble, nice, and corsica up for grabs to the allies also. maybe this is why it is not done. just simply set up an event for france to fire like 5-10 days after vichy to cede ownership of these provs to italy if they control them.

italy must keep control of these provinces since it made them cores for them is what I am deducing.

only reason I care is because I am a crazy maniac on the small things about the game, and having those provs of france is like 20 TC in occupied provinces, when they are considered national provs...this is not realistic to me.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:14:35 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well, one of the things I have discovered is that the whole events system is a hodge-podge. Different people programming different things, and in fact the whole thing was taken over by Lothos with DD, and the other guy, Henrik Fåhraeus, who did the original programming for most of the basic events has completely different ideas about how to do things. A lot of his stuff is pretty ad hoc and sloppy. Like the fall of the dragon events that have never been fixed so that China has leaders, like the way I did in this mod.

Things are half done, half fixed and half finished, and not only that Lothos has very different ideas about how to do events programming. Add to this the fact that the number of modifiable variables that are accessible in the EXE has been expanded greatly, so the original programming was handicapped substantially in comparison to what I, or anyone has to access these days. So, the whole sytem could be rewritten to make it run a log smoother, biven the number of different commands that are available now, but that would be a huge amount of work for a game that seems to be past its best before date in a commercial sense.

So my guess is something was intended, and then that created other propblems, and so they just took it out, and never bothered to take out the coring for Italy. Lots of that stuff around, events that go nowhere, and stuff.

Why don't you take a shot at writing that event, and we can look at it for the next edition. Could always try it out.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:26:36 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

In my view they should not be made national provinces of Italy, though, just owned and occupied. That way Italy does not get full IC for them, but doesn't get the TC drain either.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:45:41 AM
 Hauptmann

cueball wrote:
In my view they should not be made national provinces of Italy, though, just owned and occupied. That way Italy does not get full IC for them, but doesn't get the TC drain either.

it's only 1 IC and that's in corsica. also 1 energy in corsica. grenoble and nice are useless and just add another shore to defend. I was looking at it in a kind of pro's and cons situation for italy. A. they get IC in a hard to defend spot B. A useless province is added that is another potential landing spot for allied forces.

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 7:55:02 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

True enough, usually Italy does not get that far, so its not an issue most times.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 8:16:18 AM
 Hauptmann

add these three events to france event file and all should be fine with every circumstance of italy owning grenoble and nice, but not corsica. or just corsica. or just nice. or just grenoble.
whatever they may end up with after the event.

Code:
event = {
    id = 1
    country = FRA
    random = 75
    trigger = {
        exists = VIC
        event = 2900 # Italy Ceding provinces to vichy event
                control = { province = 366 data = ITA }
    }
    NOT = {
                control = { province = 366 data = VIC }
        }
    name = "...."
    desc = "....."
    style = 0

action_a = {
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA value = 366 }
        }
}

Code:
event = {
    id = 2
    country = FRA
    random = 75
    trigger = {
        exists = VIC
        event = 2900
                control = { province = 367 data = ITA }
    }
    NOT = {
                control = { province = 367 data = VIC }
        }
    name = "...."
    desc = "....."
    style = 0

action_a = {
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA value = 367 }
        }
}

Code:
event = {
    id = 3
    country = FRA
    random = 75
    trigger = {
        exists = VIC
        event = 2900
                control = { province = 527 data = ITA }
    }
    NOT = {
                control = { province = 527 data = VIC }
        }
    name = "...."
    desc = "....."
    style = 0

action_a = {
        command = { type = secedeprovince which = ITA value = 527 }
        }
}

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 8:19:02 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

looks good.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2008 8:25:47 AM
 Hauptmann

there's also just removing of the cores from the event 2900, whichever works Tongue . I personally like to try and take corsica, so I would be sad to see it go. and it's even thrown an interesting twist in this game as italy owns corsica and UK owns sardinia.

love!
cueball
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 4:48:50 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I am thinking of redesigning the event where Japan takes over Indochina, so it is more historical. It will will fire at some point in the 6 month period after Vichy is declared, and may require direct military occupation by the Japanese, which would entail a short war with Vichy, resolved by the occupation of Hanoi and Saigon.

Also, I am thinking that it would be interesting to give Japan and USA a NAP, which continues until the USA provokes a Japanese response, as per McCollum's list of provocations enacted by FDR. I am not sure how that would work, but this might be an interesting way for USA to enter the war.

Sir Winston -- 1937
adam
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:29:49 PM
 Hauptmann

Quote:
I am thinking of redesigning the event where Japan takes over Indochina, so it is more historical. It will will fire at some point in the 6 month period after Vichy is declared, and may require direct military occupation by the Japanese, which would entail a short war with Vichy, resolved by the occupation of Hanoi and Saigon.

that's just asking for player exploiting by staying at war with vichy for a few weeks, those provinces would be undefended and just require a quick landing there. seems a lot of time and coding for adding like nothing. This kind of works around the vanilla event also as it adds three japanese divisions, rather than requiring you to have to build troops and put them there.

love!
cueball
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:38:44 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Yes. I thought of that. I could be time dilineated as well. Maybe too much effore, but perhaps the event as it is should not be directly triggered, since really this event took place 3 months after France fell, not the day of.

Sir Winston -- 1937