Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Next (Monday) game after Abyss (IX) Options · View
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:18:27 PM
 Field Major

I'm not suggesting Abyss game is over or something, I'd like to continue at least till nukes appear, but I'm already thinking about next game played by our Monday group. Once again I'd like to play game with wider than military scope. That is Victoria or EU2/3/Rome. EU3+NA+IN seems really interesting but I don't own it yet (that's not a big problem though as I'll buy it when needed) and panzerfreaks like Schuer don't like it Tongue Then we have Victoria - old lady with some annoying manners. I guess everybody has her and she has no ugly 3d map. Great candidate after hoi2.

As of time, maybe Sunday could replace our regular Monday. It'd allow working NA based players participate. And since it won't start anytime soon, those of you who are engaged in some ongoing Sunday game will have time to finish it without interference. But then again, everything is open yet and time is our friend.
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:25:30 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

I have yet to take part in a Victoria mp game and would like to try it. I fired it up for the first time in 2 years a couple of months back and had fun even in singleplayer (behold my mighty afrikaaner nation!).

EUIII would also be nice I guess, but I think it rules out several players.

I also believe those that are in Sunday series would still want to continue that. However I too have found that mondays are perhaps not the best time, but there's really no other day I can see that's much better. And we are after all the monday group:-)

boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
peng
zong
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:35:39 PM
 Field Major

Vissarion wrote:
And we are after all the monday group:-)

Great Britain is not great anymore but it's still called so Wink
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:40:52 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
Great Britain is not great anymore but it's still called so Wink

Sure it is, Great Britain is the name of the island with England and Scotland (and Wales).Yo!

peng
zong
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:16:45 PM
 Field Major

Vissarion wrote:
Sure it is, Great Britain is the name of the island with England and Scotland (and Wales).Yo!

Yes, that's Britain Wink Great? Once was.
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:39:28 PM
 Lieutenant General

Lord Ederon wrote:
Yes, that's Britain Wink Great? Once was.

It has nothing to do with its former posessions, but enough of that. I'd still prefer to keep monday as the game day..

peng
zong
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 8:50:53 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Good to think about it. I'd like to try a vicky game again. But i havent played it meaningfully in some time. I'd like to have a go at a medium nation again, be it Japan, the big white blob, or something along the lines. We definately should go for an all major game again, though.

On other news, once i have some time, i will look into more serious modding, and would love to get to create more nations for the abyss scenario. 18 is not enough. I am more looking at 24-32. Especially the african and the american continents are too empty for my tastes. So is Asia. I'd also mod most of the map, but more the parts in africa, asia and america. It'd be so much fun to have tank battles in the midst of south america, or africa, maybe. Or Indochina! But the jungle, the deserts and the mountains make it way too hard to enjoy that. I'd like to change that. And all the nations should not have more than 80 base IC, so we dont see Uber Prussia with 600 IC in 1939 already.

Hmmm... Why dont i start, while we are at it?

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Anders
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:28:20 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Sundays work fine for me too, though I think I shall have to sit Monday X out, at least if you start before mid-August.
Anyway, EU III is a decent game, especially since "In Nomine" could be playable by Monday XI :-d
...on second thought, maybe Monday XX for IN....

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:49:41 PM
 Field Major

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
Hmmm... Why dont i start, while we are at it?

Because you are lazy? Big Grin
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:56:15 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
Because you are lazy? Big Grin

Watch it, dear friend. what about SLOWW2? Huh? Huuuh? Tongue

I think i'll make a thread on here, and loko for suggestions for the abyss mod. This really has me now.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:01:38 PM
 Field Major

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
Watch it, dear friend. what about SLOWW2? Huh? Huuuh? Tongue

That's not about laziness but about time. Holy
Hytzon
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:30:05 PM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I work on some sundays, but usually only 1 per month so I guess I could play there. It actually fits me better in August / September, as I am taking a motorcycle license on mondays these months. I would like to play EUIII:IN - really love it after playing a few hours. But I guess a game of Vicky would also suit me.

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:37:07 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I'll be getting IN one of these days, though I hate to pay for more than one game per semester, and I already got AoC.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 11:39:28 PM
 Lieutenant General

I haven't got it either and honestly I'm not that keen on getting it.

peng
zong
M&M
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 12:51:16 AM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Quote:
Good to think about it. I'd like to try a vicky game again. But i havent played it meaningfully in some time. I'd like to have a go at a medium nation again, be it Japan, the big white blob, or something along the lines. We definately should go for an all major game again, though.

While I confess my favourite game was monday vicky game II, I'm not sure I can handle the stress of playing a major once again Big Grin. Tirelessly competing against my neighbours for industrial growth & colonial expansion, while constantly worrying about the people within my alliance. It doesn't seem like the scars on my back from Mr.G's knifing have healed yet Big Grin. Nevertheless I really did enjoy the atmosphere and roleplay aspects of the vicky game. This time round there seems to be more people interested in vicky too with vissarion, VonB, CG, sol and possibly others. So it might be quite a fun game.

Quote:
That's not about laziness but about time

But surely you have enough time to get those naval stats Tongue.
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 1:32:36 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Is it too early to call usa LOL ;-)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Ederon
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 8:43:25 AM
 Field Major

sonofliberty wrote:
Is it too early to call usa LOL ;-)

Who else would you play? Wink
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 10:10:48 AM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Lord Ederon wrote:
Who else would you play? Wink
What can I say, I am a nationalist. Tongue

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Anders
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 2:09:06 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

You really should do something to prevent majors beating up on minors, AI or human. Like mandatory removing of Prestige, for example. That way Austria or the Ottomans will maybe think twice about fucking over AI Serbia or Wallachia, if they lose 500 prestige from it.
Or UK in India...

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 2:21:49 PM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
You really should do something to prevent majors beating up on minors, AI or human. Like mandatory removing of Prestige, for example. That way Austria or the Ottomans will maybe think twice about fucking over AI Serbia or Wallachia, if they lose 500 prestige from it.
Or UK in India...

Something like 25% dissent hit and/or -300MP or death/resignation of few ministers. Or lowered industrial efficiency as an effect of persecutions/sabotages. The effect could be lower when you attack country more distant - e.g. UK attacking Japan as opposed to UK attacking Scotland.
Anders
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 5:32:39 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Lord Ederon wrote:
Something like 25% dissent hit and/or -300MP or death/resignation of few ministers. Or lowered industrial efficiency as an effect of persecutions/sabotages. The effect could be lower when you attack country more distant - e.g. UK attacking Japan as opposed to UK attacking Scotland.

I'm thinking mostly in relation to Victoria, where the human players gang up on or agree to partition the AI. That sort of thing should be more penalized than the mandatory 50 prestige drop.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 5:52:14 PM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
I'm thinking mostly in relation to Victoria, where the human players gang up on or agree to partition the AI. That sort of thing should be more penalized than the mandatory 50 prestige drop.

Ah, I though you mean HoI2. As of Vicky, I really don't think it's necessary. Prestige is already a hit, rest should be up to players. We must be more "unfriendly" towards human players. Watch your badboy more carefully to prevent AI/other players from making you their target. And don't be scared of every military confrontation. Winning through economy is nice, but there's no better feeling than forcing your will on other via military Devil

In short - exploit. Exploit your powers and others weaknesses. Take chances when they pop up. Make life harder to other players. Pharaoh
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 6:25:50 PM
Free Man

Obviously, UK should be ai in this game. Or at least broken up.Tongue

Ederon
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 6:34:04 PM
 Field Major

sonofliberty wrote:
Obviously, UK should be ai in this game. Or at least broken up.Tongue

I'd say human UK is ok. If we use Blood&Iron approach to India and put some noob at helm (like me), it should be enough to have good balanced game.
Anders
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 7:13:24 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

We were all newbies to Vicky, even in Vicky II, and look how that turned out with human UK.
and I still think we should have major penalties for attacking (or, in the case of AI DOW, grabbing land from) AI minors. The 100 prestige hit is not enough to discourage annexing all of Indochina, India, Georgia, etc, etc, etc.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: