Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Next (Monday) game after Abyss (IX) Options · View
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 7:41:20 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Anders wrote:
We were all newbies to Vicky, even in Vicky II, and look how that turned out with human UK.
and I still think we should have major penalties for attacking (or, in the case of AI DOW, grabbing land from) AI minors. The 100 prestige hit is not enough to discourage annexing all of Indochina, India, Georgia, etc, etc, etc.
How would that affect my civil war? War with mexico? Spanish american war? all of which are event driven.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
M&M
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 8:00:35 PM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I think ederon's approach to restricting expansion is best. We must be the policemen of the game, some people didn't really care about prestige and spent most of the game in negative *looks at anders* so I doubt it'll matter much if we implement penalties. On the other hand aggressive gameplay by players might see to it that expansion is slowed down. However one thing I recall from last game is we had TOO MANY world wars. It seemed every few years a regional war would pop up that would drag the entire continent into open war. That was one of the things I didn't enjoy, the fact that regional wars were quite hard to keep into a region without dragging everyone around you in it.

Anders
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 8:03:13 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

sonofliberty wrote:
How would that affect my civil war? War with mexico? Spanish american war? all of which are event driven.

I'm talking about wars of aggression against minors or medium powers, of course. USA wouldn't be penalized for the War of Northern Aggression, even if they're technically the aggressors. But the event-wars against minors like Vietnam could be penalized if the Power that eventually defeat them grab land. Something like a set price for each province or peace term they enforce.
But if the DOW against Mexico is a manual DOW, then they should get the full penalty.
With Human players on all majors, the BadBoy points aren't worth much, if I have understood their purpose correctly.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Anders
Posted: Sunday, June 01, 2008 1:39:55 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

With the level of province trading by edits that's characterized the Monday IX game, I think something with a larger diplomatic content would be appropriate, Like EU III or Vicky.
EU III: In Nomine loaded VERY fast on my computer. It's either an improvement to IN, or the fact that I currently have graphics at 32-bit.
And without really playing a whole lot, I have to say it looks quite neat.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream