Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

EIR II Euro Wednesday continues on the 29th of October @ 19:00 CET Options · View
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:48:20 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

"When looking out across the Pacific to the east from Japan it is the image of the rising sun, from the shores of California it is the image of the sun as it sets in the wide blue sea."

Download for EIR II [UYJV] -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2

Includes a 1936 Grand Campaign, and 1938 Scenario for Multiplayer games for Doomsday/Armageddon version 1.2

2 Sessions every Wednesday, European and North American:

European Gamesession 14:00 CET (8:00 EST) to at least 19:30 CET (1:30).

Country selection:

Quote:
USSR: Cueball
FRA/USA:
UK: Edzako

Germany: Hiensen
Italy: Silver
Japan: Mighty G.

Possible Minors
Canada:
Romania or Hungary:

A more complete list of all modifications and the suggested rules set will be included in the "scenario notes and rules," in later versions of the Download

Quote:
How do install EIR II [UYJV] -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2

1) Make a complete copy of your Hearts of Iron Doomsday – Armageddon 1.1 file by clicking on the Doomsday main folder Icon and copying the folder. Paste this somewhere else on your computer.
2) Download “the East is Red.rar” file from the link provided.
3) Copy it into the new Doomsday folder: Make sure it is the copy.
4) Right Click over the RAR file.
5) Select: "Extract Here"
6) Overwrite "ALL"
7) Boot the game and in single player you will find new “the East is Red Scenarios.”
6) If you have loaded it correctly you should see the image posted above as you load the game.

Note: not all of the changes will work properly with the other scenarios available from the menu.

Can't identfy the file type? It is an RAR zip file: Click here for the decompression utility.

I want to thank all those people who have helped me put this mod together, and the the people who have come up with many of the ideas I have borrowed. Thanks especially to all the main playtesters from version one, Adam, Geofactor, Mighty G., Gunny, Hiensen, King Tiger II, DEX and Nicophorus. Especially Predator who did a lot of 1 on 1 playtesting and helped me re-organize my crazy file structure. Also the other modders who I have learned from and exchanged ideas with, such as the guys at the Multiplayer Enhancement Mod Prime Minister Fiend, P3D, Durruti, Zoslo and Tyrant, and also Gormodoc over at the CDCP Mod, Fernando Torres at the World in Flames Mod and Cohen for his ideas and Lord Ederon and his fantastic online map utility of course.

Thanks guys, one and all.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:53:01 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Not sure when people are playing, but the basic idea is to have a NA game and a Euro game, on a weekday. At this point I am saying Wednesday, but if a better day is available then we could shift the day, or add a day.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:12:56 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

wed is a good day for me for both sessions.......i play whatever is left to play....even a minor if we get enough players!

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:30:33 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Ach, your game ends when I'm just about home from work...
Well, no matter. More games this autumn for me.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:48:57 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

So far its me, Geo, MG and Pred (may have to be subbed in July for a couple of weeks) will play on the 18:00 CET. Need two more.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 1:53:18 PM
 Field Major

I'd like to try EIR one day as a sub (or something like that). Your last changelog is very interesting.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:06:13 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Still looking for two players for the 18:00 CET start on Wednesdays. Possibly this new game won't start this wednesday but the Wednesday after next depending on the Weekend Game.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2008 6:43:14 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Also, I have detected a bug in the previous download for this mod. My humblest appologies, but it should be downloaded again.

In anycase, there was a small bug in the last game patch. I believe an excess file left over from the editor was sent with the patch and this caused minor compatibility errors. Specifically, it made the game not function properly in WINDOWED mode, it increased load times, probably slowed CPU speed, and also very rarely caused CTD's. Nonetheless, I believe this version will work. I did not detect it earlier, partly because it seemed to be working generally, however when it failed to work in WINDOWED mode the problem became evident.

Unfortunately, the best solution is to entirely reinstall including deleting the old EIR file completely, re-copying the vanilla 1.2 and creating a new version of the mod.

If someone would check to make sure the new version runs properly in WINDOWED mode, that would be helpful. Scenario files should appear in Single Player mode (previously they did not in WINDOWED mode only). Feedback would be helpful.

The new link is in my signature and in the OP as well and called EIR -- LMHL -- clean

Thanks.... and again sorry... :oo

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:51:00 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Originally posted on the P-dox board...

Well we need to get this figured out, Basicly we have, Mighty G., Geofactor, Hiensen, Edzako, Predator (maybe) myself, also Greg42, KO, and Max, this is a full plate.

That said Greg has not confirmed the exact time, and Max says he prefers a North American time. I also have some others who are interested in a NA game, so perhaps we should work that out. Geo would likely do a NA game too, I think.

Only a few have picked countries, except for KO, Myself and Edzako. Both MG and Geo have said they will play minors, as well, if needed. We definitely need an experienced and competent Germany so, since I don't know the abilities of some of the players very well that basicly leaves Hiensen, Geo, MG, or Predator for that slot. Pred says he may have scheduling difficulties later in the summer, so perhaps we should ask that Pred play France/USA:

So perhaps this:

Axis
Italy: Mighty G.
Japan: Geo
Hungary (or Romania): KO

Allies
France/USA: Predator
Canada: Greg42?

Normally, the way I would play, Canada would be chief of the Commonweatlh minors with special responsibility for Asia, and so would be more or less a major power, IMO, but that would be worked out between the Allies. Any thoughts?

North American game then would begin to form around Myself, Geo, Max, Cypriot (possibly says he is interested depending on day of the week) and KT2 possibly...

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 8:39:49 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It would be cool if people were to check in before Wednesday to confirm.

Set up from last session...

Axis:
Italy: Mighty G.
Japan: Greg

Allies

France: AI

I guess if Geo is now doing his game with Jackda on Wednesdays we could move KO over to France/USA, unless of course Pred wants to take that over.

We could still use another player or two here...

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:38:41 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok. So there have been some discussion about what to do about the issue of Japan, and two solutions have been proposed.

1) Add additional divisions to Japan and then go from where we are, in order to give them a fresh start.

2) Restart.

At this point I am leaning toward option 2, but I would like to hear from everybody else. However, it goes, I think it is probably best to reset up the line up, regardless, since I think we need to have the players most experienced with this mod in the critical countries.

So I am going to propose a shift of the way the teams are set up:

Axis:
Italy: Greg
Japan: Mighty G.

Allies

France: KO

I really hope this is ok with everyone, but I think we need to get people a little used to what is going on here before throwing them to the wolves.

All opinions are welcome. Thanks and see you all tomorrow.

Also, we will need to upgrade the patch because I have found a couple of errors that I think need to be corrected. One: garrison costs are too high, two: aircraft are taking too much damage, in comparison to what they are putting out.

So this patch should be installed overtop of the existing EIR game:EIR II OBOU

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 6:54:29 AM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Another funny checksum yet One Tooth Grin
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:15:50 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I asked Lord Ederon to set up the private chat forums. So, hopefully those will be open soon.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:25:01 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Basic save for the last session. This will be modified most likely to correct errors. Editing will be discussed on this thread:

EIR II Session 1 weekday

Sir Winston -- 1937
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:05:51 AM
 Field Major

cueball wrote:
I asked Lord Ederon to set up the private chat forums. So, hopefully those will be open soon.

So, it's setup. Hiensen is in charge of Axis forum, Edzako of Allied and cueball Comintern. I've moved old private forums to the concluded games under Other Games/EIR Weekdays I.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:28:19 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Thanks man!

Sir Winston -- 1937
Wishing_Well
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:15:07 PM
 Decurion

Am I correct in understanding you are starting over ?

Your posts here and at HoIPlayers that explain how to install EIR refer both to Armageddon 1.1 and 1.2, so I'm a bit confused, could you please clarify.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:01:30 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Sure there is an old version of 1.06 on the other site, meant to be used for 1.1. That is still there because we started a game in November last year on 1.1, and in case we need a new player for that game it was available. There are actually 2 in my signature at P-dox one for 1.1 and one for 1.2. The one for 1.2 is the current version for this game, and can be gotten through my signature here or there, or in the OP here.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2008 4:25:21 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Pursuant to some of the discussion we had in chat about problems I have created a mini patch for the game:

Fixed:

1) Only one version of TP was available to players
2) "Bases" file in the scenario folders were missing some data
3) Created a new icon for Troop Transport to make them more identifiable
4) Changed the 1936 country.scn files so that they have the right ratio of Troop Tansports to Assault Barges for future games.

June 22nd patch for EIR II cheksum UYJV. Install using "extract all" when the RAR file is copied to the Doomsday folder, as normal. This file is small. The full version is highlighted in red in my signature.

Both Germany and UK wanted to build TP's of the transport variety and were not able to do so. If they like I will edit the save to give them each a long serial of Troop Transports at 5% gearing, with one extra TT already build. Please let me know if you will require this or are fine as it is.

Also can MG confirm for me that he lost a tech or not... Basic Artillery... is that right?

On the issue of transports, while I changed the model numbers in the 1938 scenario for TP's and TT's, I did not do the same for the 36, so when we started this game, the ratio was reversed from what was intended.

I will leave the OBB's for the player nations alone, but I will be editing the OBB's for USA, New Zealand and Autralia and South Africa to reflect what they were intended to be.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 1:55:47 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Could we get a roll call for Wednesday?

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:20:30 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Yeh explained what's hapenning in suckydox forum.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:23:45 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I try and repeat information just to maximize the chance people will see what is going on.

Can we get a roll-call for Sunday session 14:00 CET to 20:00 CET.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Willow
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 2:59:02 AM
 Oberfeldwebel

cueball wrote:
I try and repeat information just to maximize the chance people will see what is going on.

Can we get a roll-call for Sunday session 14:00 CET to 20:00 CET.

I will be around if needen

- Willow

msn : gkopheim@hotmail.com

I have not played HOI much the last years but I'm eager to get back into it. Sadly I have an erratic time schedule so I may not be able to play one set time each week.
Have many versions set up. 8 plane, EiR and so on. Also various patch versions.
cueball
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:06:18 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Excelent thanks! Did you get the version which is Checksum UYJV?

Sir Winston -- 1937
Willow
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 11:35:20 AM
 Oberfeldwebel

cueball wrote:
Excelent thanks! Did you get the version which is Checksum UYJV?

Yes, installed in a n new copy and looks to work fine.

- Willow

msn : gkopheim@hotmail.com

I have not played HOI much the last years but I'm eager to get back into it. Sadly I have an erratic time schedule so I may not be able to play one set time each week.
Have many versions set up. 8 plane, EiR and so on. Also various patch versions.