Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Session speculation Options · View
Anders
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 5:23:22 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I don't know where to upload the save to, but Schürmann also has it.
Again, I don't lie the idea of loading up as UK and giving the cores away, as it would seriously influence the countries relations.
I'll give editing the .eug file a try first. It can't be harder than to edit provinces in HoI2.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Saturday, March 24, 2007 9:09:28 PM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
I don't know where to upload the save to

Host save topic? Or create topic for that purpose?
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:33:36 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I should be availabe all day today, M&M, so just go online on ICQ and talk to me (i might be invisible), and i will transfer the save Smile
Also Ederon, i seemingly cannot make a Host save topic, isnt there an upload thingy on this forums? I would host it on the german share/upload website, but forgot it's name yay

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:13:16 PM
 Field Major

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
Also Ederon, i seemingly cannot make a Host save topic, isnt there an upload thingy on this forums?

What? Upload doesn't work?
M&M
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:37:27 PM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

unfortunatly I don't have ICQ. But why can't you just upload it anywhere, there are a bazillion of free file hosts around as well as the forum upload. Anyways, I got another game with anders today so I could probably take it from him then.

edit:
there is also email attachments
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:13:19 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

M&M wrote:
unfortunatly I don't have ICQ.

Funny, i have you on my ICQ lists Big Grin

@Ederon: Either i am blind, or when i open a thread in this part of the forums i cannot find any file upload button anywhere.

EDIT: Forgive me, Ederon, for I am indeed blind Annonym

File Attachment(s):
MPAustria_1865_April_17.rar (477kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

M&M
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:22:39 PM
 General

Well, I do have an ICQ but it has been out of service for quite some time. I think I might have forgotten the number too.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:24:23 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I just edited my post: Check the save out m8 Smile

M&M
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:02:20 PM
 General

Good thing to see that my cultural investments payed off. But OMG !!!! my economy is totally trashed. I am in debt and my daily balance was -40 Banghead . Stockpiles & trades are all screwed up as well and I've got huge soldier pops for no reason. No new factories seem to have been built either. Austria seems to have moved to gain future scandanavian territory with ethopia since I wasn't there to take it early enough Mad . My industrial score is only 2 below japan so I could probably raise it back quickly, but now I'm dwarfed by prussia's strength. Rolleyes .

Also for some reason I have no research points, how is that possible ? I'm the most literate country and 10 or so years should've built up a nice stockpile. Perhaps the unification event cleared them ? Anyone got a save before scandi got created ?
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 3:34:39 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Anders should have some saves, maybe i have some as well. only 2 below Japan? then all is well. And i too think the nation change to scandi may have erased your RP, not sure though. Still dont know how this game handles nation changes where the player heads this nation.

Mr.G
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:53:06 PM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

When I took over from the AI I ran quickly into debt, but everything manegable like trading for some 10 grand from a certain Asian nation. My only complaint was the stockpiles which I had to doover 3 times because of crashing.

Oh and Prussia's industry dwarfs all so don't worry. Tongue

To be honest I think compensation should be given but I think it is reasonable to roll with the punches because when it is all said and done I do not think I have a chance of winning and that is not the point, its is have fun and hopefully taking a country of two down with me. :-d So Scandinavian setbacks are annoying but very easily reversible, remember we have some 70 years left.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 9:03:40 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

and only 69 years for me to CONQUER THE WORLD!!!111oneoneeleven Schuer

(through my Chinese military)

Hytzon
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 2:27:57 PM
 Brigadier General

Hey guys. We have switched to summer time here, I just wan't to make sure everybody knows (Mostly you MrG) Smile

Looking forward to once again struggle with the Spanish rebels and the race to become a great nation... One Tooth Grin

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Anders
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 2:33:53 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

As HoI2Big GrinD: Armageddon has been announced to be released 29/3, we should be able to get almost 100 years more out of it by converting; Armageddon runs until 1964 Big Grin

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 2:34:09 PM
 Field Major

Once again I'll miss it. :-(

19 CET = 18 GMT = 13 EST (G's time AFAIK)
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 3:56:16 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I believe we are starting 1800 again, Ed, so that would put Mr.G to 12 EST.

Anyway, it's roughly an hour from now (64 more minutes from my clock here).

And, just in order to tell you in advance, i will be there for the start of the session, however i will have to take a break in between around 1900 maybe for dinner roughly 20 minutes. However, if not in war or in danger of getting overrun by partisans, you might as well continue without me for said time.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 5:20:01 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

No one turned up, i am about to dine now and wtaching the rest of BSG. See you hopefully 40 mins from now.

Mr. Sljivovic
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 7:22:20 PM
 Corporal

Have you guys started? Im in lobby now, couldnt be there sooner.

Нама Добро а Никоме Зло - Kraljevo
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:06:24 AM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

Awesome session. Although I'm a complete idiot and may have missed out on making Germany frankly I like my Prussia.

I think I was able to really test out the limits of Prussia might.

It got a little messy with Scandinavia loosing to Russia, my army was not up to snuff and I was really eying Paris for awhile. So I pulled a Schliefflen plan, beat France quickly then turn and help my Swedish and Austrian brethren. So after I mobilized an army of some 78 divisions I pushed into France but was stopped with only literally days of Paris byt Mr.S' mobilized troops. After that things got a little hectic, I sacrificed a large portion of my army in hopes of bleeding France dry, that was stupid. But my biggest mistake was not fully committing to the war, I could of pushed my economy harder and attacked with a full maintained army with all my divisions present at the border but I rushed it and lost my shock effect.

My army was still in tip top shape and I began contemplating a bitter war with France ala World War 1 but supplying some 80 divisions was tough and Russia was having her way. So I pushed into Russia and kicked her ass and gained even more land from her and even fixed my border up. It was a morale boost after the dismal performance of my Prussians in France.

After that I hoped to bring war exhaustion up against UK and land in London. Unfortunately some 500 ships of the UK stopped me. My ironclads and monitors destroyed a lot of ships but were slowly taken out. On land Prussia was now a much stronger army and after I got situated in the Balkans Austria and I were starting to mop of the UK. All 3 wars were great fun. I gained a lot of experience from the battles and the Prussian army is mightier then ever before.

Overall the session saw the devastation of Austria and Scandinavia economically. They will no doubt bounce back but it certainly hurt them. It also saw the first major Human vs Human engagement and blood was shed but I will say this is not over just yet. The UK also took a step down in terms of fear, they were no doubt pushed to the limit and I think we could of beaten her handily.

Next session I hope stays peaceful as I have to redo an economy because a lot of my POPs are ready to split into new factories.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 1:59:29 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I have to concur, a really really great session, despite the late beginning. My economy has been further strengthened, surpassing that of the US already, with an industrial score of more than 1100, which i am more than fond of. My great army also is already bigger (in terms of army score) than spain's, which makes me proud as well.
The war against russia was a result of a sort of pact between Japan and Scandinavia. Japan won twice in that very war. In the beginning months, the russian put rarely up any serious defenses, despite being really really organized, and i was able to firstly grab the colony of Sakhalin, secondly to grab land which is know as primorsk area around Manchuria. It's richness in coal and iron really provides a really good base for Japan's economy. And we got Manchu peons to do the work there Smile

The second victory was the mutual economic assistance between Scandinavia and Japan. As Scandinavia went way into debt in order to pay the war against russia, Japan was able to get them back on track AND gain some techs it was lacking at the same time. European tech advances are no longer unreachable.

At this time i want to remind other european powers in debt that i can solve your money issues with little or no hassle/side effects. I dont want land near europe, i dont see the point in fighting you, i just want technology in exchange to ease your burden with my money.
Japan is not your enemy.

Anders
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:38:02 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I agree; a great session, even if I came close to unconditional surrender.
the warmongering of the UK must be stopped somehow.
Also, I feel a Human China and Russia could make the game a little more challenging for both us Euros and for Japan.
Should we attempt to recruit at least one temporary player from the other Vicky-forum? Maybe one for UK as well.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:45:53 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I dont see what a human china could do, really. It is backwards on all terms, and even sheer numbers just cannot break artillery fire. Meh but you just remind me that i lost all of china due to me htting my mousebuttons too damn fast... yay stupid white peace.

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:25:30 PM
 Field Major

I hope to get most of fundamental stuff done for Struggling Leaders until next week, so I might be able to play (finally). But I'm not sure whether it would help that poor country I'll take over. Tongue
Mr. Sljivovic
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 3:45:04 PM
 Corporal

I have been uniting and guarding Italy for you Ederon, its ready to expand with colonies and maby grab back some cores with diplomatical/military finess that only you have! Big Guns

That and i really need an ally hehe.

Нама Добро а Никоме Зло - Kraljevo
M&M
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:09:10 AM
 General

yeah, the prussian & austrian alliance is quite fearsome. Besides we could really use another person for the game Smile, you're really missing out.