Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Next (10th) Monday(?) game Options · View
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:12:33 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Stalins Elite wrote:
Guys I just kinda quit my job.
So what did they fire you for? Tongue

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:32:15 PM
 Field Major

Vissarion wrote:
I'm leaning towards Sweden this time.

You're tired of so many open flanks, eh? One Tooth Grin
reticent_bassist
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:35:27 PM
 Captain

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

my 2 friends will be joining our next game, although i'm hopeful that our mod will be finished by then and we can try that out. nevertheless, i will play china and they will likely play PRRS and Austrailiasia. is there any chance of us moding austrailiasias MP? last game we played my friend ran out of MP because he gains so little.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:38:03 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I think with our mod nearing completion, with the major work being completed soon, i think we can play our mod, RB.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
M&M
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:17:25 PM
 General

Hmm, what natinos have been picked so far ? I don't know what to pick yet, maybe bourbon

Stalins Elite wrote:
Guys I just kinda quit my job. So I may or may not be on que for the next Monday Madness game. I'll post naturally wethere I can make it or not. SE.

Really ? What happened ? Do they also believe you quit or was there some firing involved ? Tongue

sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:09:17 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

M&M wrote:

Do they also believe you quit ... ? Tongue

LOL

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:37:12 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

If we do the game on sunday, I am in as libertadores. I see no one else asking for them. It seems most are against the ideological allies idea, so I table the suggestion. However that still leaves the question about what to do when an alliance later exceeds 500 ic. That means an "Axis" bent on world domination is out. :-( I am ok with the 2 nation limit though.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:46:26 PM
Free Man

One idea for the "personalization", a leader skill lvl 3 with 1 trait of our choice to represent "us". Could be an air, naval, or land leader. Just a thought.

Anders
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:50:03 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

sonofliberty wrote:
If we do the game on sunday, I am in as libertadores
I'm almost tempted to switch to the Confederates Sergeant But I think the random allocation of players/countries would be a refreshing change after so many preset games. As long as we exclude the less than 200-base IC countries from the shuffle, of course.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:57:05 PM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
As long as we exclude the less than 200-base IC countries from the shuffle, of course.

I'll switch with you if you get such sub 200 IC country and I don't ;-)
Vissarion
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:20:40 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
You're tired of so many open flanks, eh? One Tooth Grin

Yeah, also I'm tired of that area. sweden seems to be a good change from India in many respects. I'd also go with random allocation of nations, but I reserve the option to not play India againTongue (though they are a very interesting nation).

boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
peng
boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
zong
Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:28:44 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

i reserve the option to not sub for anders again!Baby

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:46:50 PM
Free Man

Geofactor wrote:
i reserve the option to not sub for anders again!Baby
Is it as bad as taking over from the ai?

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 9:13:58 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Anyway, should we not play my mod, i am in for PRRS or Roma.

sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:28:48 AM
Free Man

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
Anyway, should we not play my mod, i am in for PRRS or Roma.
Is it done and playtested in sp at least?

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:41:52 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Most of the preliminary work is done. I am completing the techteams today, and i think RB and his mate work on the ministers.

Now all we need is some random leaders, some flags for the countries, the right choice of colors and we are set, really. It will need some playtesting, but i am sure we can complete the mod within the 2 weeks.

Anders
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:18:21 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
but i am sure we can complete the mod within the 2 weeks.
1 week now.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:16:17 PM
Free Man

If it is done in time, and reasonably tested, then I would be open to the possibility.

M&M
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:17:22 PM
 General

So what happens when a player's nation gets annexed ?
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:20:25 PM
 Field Major

He goes to some free AI country I guess.
M&M
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:23:48 PM
 General

Lord Ederon wrote:
He goes to some free AI country I guess.

Hah, like those will outlive a human player. Except maybe anders Tongue
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:34:47 PM
 Field Major

It doesn't happen that often so we'd need to deal with it now, but I'm always willing to release some country (provided I can) for extra players. Or we can arrange something ad hoc in time of need.
sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:08:56 PM
Free Man

I agree, we can decide that as we go.

M&M
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:40:09 PM
 General

well it seems we may have more players this time round, and with the smaller alliances not everyone will be able to fend for themselves and smaller fish will likely be eaten up by bigger ones Big Grin. Releasing puppets in an existing 2-man alliance would create a 3-man alliance, so what happens then ? Thats why I was askig this now rather than deciding half-way through the game.
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:06:51 PM
 Field Major

Such liberated country could become free of her liberator and choose which alliance to join. Or remain allied to former overlord and other alliance member would be dumped. It all depends.